Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > RF Online
You last visited: Today at 05:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Windows XP trouble

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Windows XP trouble

Hi.

I got my second PC from my aunt that is moving to Spain o.O.It had Windows Vista..I have installed RF Online on it and it worked great.
I have recently passed from Vista to XP (cuz of so many program incompatibilities ).
When it had RF on Vista it worked GREAT!-i really mean GREAT.High FPS and very good graphics and so on.

Now after i moved to XP, RF online seems like "lagging"..Not delay (the time the game needs to speak with the server) but a delay in FPS.i still got a high number of FPS but when im moving (or using booster from jet pack) every 1-2 seconds i get like some annoying screenfreezing moments that last like 0,3 seconds and they are really annoying.

i also must tell you that when using skills or other stuff the game works great...the only problem is when the character/camera moves.

I have tried changing settings/overclocking the PC and still the same results...Also i have to mention that other games that require FAR much more PC resources are working great.

how can i solve this?.maybe it is not compatible with xp?I had the same problem with MY PC (quad core.12Gb RAM,GeForce 9800GTX) when it had XP preinstalled on the HD(now i have vista)

This pc has:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640, MMX, 3DNow, ~2,6GHz
Memory:2048 RAM (DDR II)
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (Super) - 512 MB
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I have installed latest drivers and still its freezing.

THANK YOU

Old   #2

Same here with the booster thingy, i only got freeze on booster when I'm on keyboard mode, or using ASWD keys for running but it works fine when using the mouse alone.

My guess is that GeForce 8400GS hardware/software was essentially made for Windows Vista as it has the drivers that was most compatible with that graphics card.

It's true that most of the latest hardwares where specially made for Windows Vista.

and hey, I also have 8400GS on some of my units, but they're on XP (vista sucks!).

Old   #3

Heres a Guide for you

5/6/7/8/9/200 Series Trouble Shooting Guide for Drivers
Great Failsafe way when your Installing/Updating your video drivers
This works with XP/Vista 32/64bit operating systems

Ok first thing is go to Guru3d and get Driver Sweeper

Driver Sweeper installer

Driver Sweeper no install needed "this is what I use"

First open up your C drive and you should see the NVIDIA Directory "unless you told it to install some place else", now open up the folder named WinVista64 or 32 "depending on your os" and you should see a driver Ver. folder 162.22 for example Leave this window open.

Vista
1. Right click on Computer---->Properties
2. Click on Device Manager
3. Expand Dislpay Adapters
4. Right Mouse Button over the Video card Name
5. Select Uninstall, Click Delete the driver software for this Device
6. Do not reboot
7. Now That Window I told you to leave open with the NVIDIA directory now Delete your Driver Vershion Folder Example 162.22 then empty recycle bin.
8. REBOOT
9. Restart in Safe mode, Use the F8 key while your rebooting to do so select Safe Mode.
10. Now run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro, "I personally use the Driver Sweeper that you just run no install"
11. Make sure you tell it to Remove your NVIDIA Display Drivers, once it is finished
Reboot. once Vista reboots it will just reinstall a genaric VGA adapter dont worry, at least its not the nvidia one.
12. Now Install the latest Video Drivers for your card. Your safest bet are the ones on the EVGA support Site. "links below"
13. Once it is finished installing REBOOT
14. Happy Gaming

Windows XP is basically the same proccess just follow the guide and it should be easy sailing.

Driver Links
200 Series
9 Series
8 Series
5/6/7 Series

NVIDIA PhysX System Software

"Never let microsoft windows update install your video drivers for XP/Vista for mobo and display drivers, when you do this, and when you select search online to install new hardware every time, it will not even let you do my guide, unless you have your computer unplugged from the net."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heat: If your video card is running way too hot you may want to get EVGA Precision to rev up your fans. Also for Overclocking.
For EVGA Customers here is Precision, Great app for those of you who have not used it.

Not an EVGA Customer get RivaTuner

If you have owned your card for awhile its cooling poorly and have not cleaned it... Check it for Dust Bunnies!!!
I would also like to say have the approved SLI case from nvidia, if your in sli or not... Also if you have 8 series cards and going SLI dont go with the cheaper sli cases your bottom card is going to get mad hot .... and cause all your temps to raise to unsafe temps for your gpus...

Say No to Ntune knowing is half the battle
This program will make your computer act up, funky, ect do not use it, its just like drugs just say no.... Trust me and alot of us here this will save you alot of time. So Say No to Ntune!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also a Word of WARNING, this guide is for people who do not install all the bloat ware like ntune ect that come on your video card cd's on purchase. Some reported problems of the driver cleaning applications getting rid of the ntune software for raid, Lan drivers ect. Personally in my experience, do not use them, each time I buy a product esp EVGA I go to the EVGA web site and download all my drivers manually so I do not have to mess with nvidias disk installers and just get the drivers I want.
This Guide can also be used as a trouble shooting guide if your card is having issues, following this will let you know if it is the drivers or not. Using this method will let you know if its your drivers that are giving you all your issues, BSOD's, Hard Locks, Random reboots. Doing the above has fixed many peoples issues including my own. Has Saved me from ripping my hair out of my head a few times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something else to try: Check all the connections inside your rig, power cables, hard drive cables you name it, also check to make sure your hardware cpu, ram, video card are seated in correctly. Make sure your NB is not blowing hot air directly into your video card if so find a way to move that hot air out of their fast.
Helpful Hint On Gaming Slow Downs: If your running any video card that you can plug two monitors into and actually have 2 monitors plugged into one video card. And your games are running slow, or have some lag in them, unplug a monitor! Trust me this will save you alot of time and effort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SLI Running Slow?
This can be caused by a few things, your bios on your mobo needs to be updated or rolled back. Not enough power from your psu, or psu issues, maybe a bum video card, or you got a case that is not great for sli and does not get enough airflow to your cards. You can also check out
CraptacularOnes SLI FAQ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting the nvlddmkm error even after my driver guide? Check the voltages on your ram if your motherboard is auto configuring your ram it could be putting in the wrong voltage or timings, I would suggest you doing this manually, to the settings your ram is supposed to be running at in bios.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Socket A Kings Guide for modifying bios for motherboards with incompatability with the 8800 GT possible solution.

RussianHaxor Guide for replacing Thermal Compound on 680i/650i Series boards for better cooling and longer life span. Prob works on the 750-790i series as well..

Need a Cheap Easy GPU Cooler, works and gives you Some Head Room for OCing?

More than 4gigs of ram in Vista Constant BSOD? This may help you out

8800 GTS/GTX bios updates for Apple Cinima Displays" Thanks Jacob"
You can download them here: Wondering if there is an Ultra bios Fix.
ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/N831.exe (8800GTX)
ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/N821.exe (8800GTS)
Nvidia Hotfixes for Vista if you do not have them already
Old   #4

hey..
for all the people that have this "laggy" feeling during the game there is a solution.it seems that because of RFo's poor coding it does not have the codec responsable for the shaders and the solution for solving this is by simply opening Windows Media Player and minimize it.

this leads the codec the game needs and you will have a great gaming time ^_^

oh..btw..i did not read the full post before me because i am very sure i dont have driver problem or overclock..on that PC the overclock is very minimal,meaning you can speed up the CPU by max 600MHz (has stock cooling fan) and the video board has,lets say decent overclocking options.

thank you for the support and dont forget to open Windows Media Player.

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz24 View Post
Hi.

This pc has:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640, MMX, 3DNow, ~2,6GHz
Memory:2048 RAM (DDR II)
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (Super) - 512 MB
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I have installed latest drivers and still its freezing.

THANK YOU
GJ on solving it.,if you still have this kinda settings (bolded) then those r the Reason why you prob persist 2.6ghz CPU clock is too low to Handle RFO (Chip War) And DX 9 is er 2nd prob. Go Vista and have DX 10 But prob is you GPU doesnt support DX 10 so yea yer F'd up man . ya needa upgrade.
Old   #6

dont listen to [DGK] he's clearly confusing rf's poor coding with a game that requires a decent pc
Old   #7

I have problem something like this my pc is really good one but i cant open 2 sro .. when i open it it freeze at the moment or after 30min max.. o_O
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by small1337 View Post
dont listen to [DGK] he's clearly confusing rf's poor coding with a game that requires a decent pc
What do you know then?
tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacogazeto333 View Post
I have problem something like this my pc is really good one but i cant open 2 sro .. when i open it it freeze at the moment or after 30min max.. o_O
Whats you CPU's Clock speed? if its Below 2.6 or less it will have a hard time muti tasking.
Old   #9

2,50 x2
3GB Ram
1024 video card ..
there is something from video card for sure .. but dunno how to fix it..
Old   #10

[DGK] man...this PC can easely handle games like undercover/crysis/etc. trust me i have tested them and played with my bro some rounds.its true that on crisis i need to make medium and low settings but it still doesnt affect the game when we are playing.

if you want to know i went with this pc to a chip war in rf equilibrium(has a BIG community) and it had 0 lag/delay/freeze with all options on max.

Poor coding=the game does not have algorithmic coding..and if it has the algorithm is interupted or has missing lines.some of the missing lines are the codecs needed for rendering the colors/textures of the graphic engine.

[DGK] you are wrong about this pc...the game really has poor coding..ask any other rf player that has played it since it started.at the beggining in the beta and after it had HUGE bugs that were corrected by patches...and those type of bugs need to be corected client sided not via patch.

GUYS! the game does not have the needed codecs ingame.in Vista they are allready running in the background memory cache but on XP you have to run them automatically.and the codec needed depends on the server you playwe know most of private servers have custom glows/etc.so for example for EQG you need Windows Media Player.For EliteRF/PlayRF.US/BrazenRF/and some more you need to run VLC.

you only need to open the program and minimize it and you will get rid of the laggy feeling.
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DGK] View Post
What do you know then?
tell me.

Whats you CPU's Clock speed? if its Below 2.6 or less it will have a hard time muti tasking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz24 View Post
[DGK] man...this PC can easely handle games like undercover/crysis/etc. trust me i have tested them and played with my bro some rounds.its true that on crisis i need to make medium and low settings but it still doesnt affect the game when we are playing.

if you want to know i went with this pc to a chip war in rf equilibrium(has a BIG community) and it had 0 lag/delay/freeze with all options on max.

Poor coding=the game does not have algorithmic coding..and if it has the algorithm is interupted or has missing lines.some of the missing lines are the codecs needed for rendering the colors/textures of the graphic engine.

[DGK] you are wrong about this pc...the game really has poor coding..ask any other rf player that has played it since it started.at the beggining in the beta and after it had HUGE bugs that were corrected by patches...and those type of bugs need to be corected client sided not via patch.

GUYS! the game does not have the needed codecs ingame.in Vista they are allready running in the background memory cache but on XP you have to run them automatically.and the codec needed depends on the server you playwe know most of private servers have custom glows/etc.so for example for EQG you need Windows Media Player.For EliteRF/PlayRF.US/BrazenRF/and some more you need to run VLC.

you only need to open the program and minimize it and you will get rid of the laggy feeling.
enough said, super pc's arent worth much if u dont know how to use it
Old   #12

WHy use XP? XP is overated now adays,its kinda left out IMO.Oic your Playing RFO Equi.I was a GM there for 2 weeks.Are the Revolution guys still there?Use Vista 64 Bit,XP has low memory Cache. just get the torrent ones and burn it on a DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by small1337 View Post
enough said, super pc's arent worth much if u dont know how to use it
Super PCs are for Enthusiasts,yea if you dunno how teh use a Regular PC then u cant build a Super PC.