Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 19:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEV] Server files!

Discussion on [DEV] Server files! within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 12/24/2010, 12:08   #151

elite*gold: 0
this is an english topic go learn english or go find a german topic
Old 12/24/2010, 15:42   #152

From what i see, we got 3 options with the DBUpdater now.
1: Figure out the Opt.
2: hook the S#@t out of it (nothing it impossible, just more or less difficult)
3: Figure out How it opens the RDU files and create a program that open them in the same way.
Tho none of these are simple to do, but it is just those things i have been coming up with.
even tho i dont know RCE that much, i got all weekend for myself so im gonna give it my best shot.
Old 12/26/2010, 01:10   #153

I am really interested in also helping out with this project guys, but honestly i really dunno where to start. Can someone tell me the prerequisite knowledge and what direction to head?
Old 12/26/2010, 10:47   #154

atm they are busy with the database
so read some guides on makin n setting up databases
Old 12/26/2010, 18:04   #155

а on peut apprendre qui a mis ce serveur ?
Old 12/28/2010, 20:45   #156

Help? It is necessary what to do?

Old 12/30/2010, 22:02   #157

I'm a lil noobish at this, but it looks like the main problem were looking at is the missing database. What about having the server make calls to the actual rappelz database, does the database actually have to be local. I mean if the game can make the calls to the database cant a modified server. Or what about mimicking the game client and getting the database to give up its goodies.
Old 12/30/2010, 23:28   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix420 View Post
I'm a lil noobish at this, but it looks like the main problem were looking at is the missing database. What about having the server make calls to the actual rappelz database, does the database actually have to be local. I mean if the game can make the calls to the database cant a modified server. Or what about mimicking the game client and getting the database to give up its goodies.
No sir, and yes the problem is the missing database information. And your approach is not a viable option or possible. The OPT file of the server contains information about what database to connect to, it's location and password. You can assign an official location, but you cannot access it without the correct username and password... I'm sure if most of us had that information in the first place we would be much further along than we are now as we'd have access to official database... not that I want access anyways. You all might, I don't.

Secondly, the game connects to the server, the server connects to the database. Therefore your not able to gain necessary database information that way. Instead your just getting encrypted packets of information that the gameserver pulls from the database then sends to the client and visa versa. On that note however there are rudimentary calls to the database from the client, but it still goes through the game server to process all of that information.

However it's possible to reconstruct a database from the client, and from the game server, but we are only able to get so much data... which is why we are lucky to have these RDU files and DBUpdater, just not sure how to access them yet.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/02/2011, 23:12   #159

Just wondering Tetris are u working on the server again? If so I can't wait till your done I have been working on The MySQL but i keep hitting Dead ends but good luck to you if your working on it.

PS: Keep up the good work
Old 01/08/2011, 06:03   #160

I am still working on it yes. I've also requested the help from a friend on another forum for some ASM help and data mining. He is a very good source, and does good work. We can hope to get over this hump and start extracting some real data soon. Richard R has already bypassed this hump a long time, lets hope we do so as well. But when it comes to this thread we do need to keep it professional, report findings, work on developments or opt code changes, etc, and not ask if it's still being worked on or other random things.

Like I said before I have no problem helping people when we get this to a working condition, but this right now this is a development thread, not a tutorial thread. If you haven't got to where we are yet by what I have given you, realistically your probably not going to be any help to the development of this project.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/08/2011, 11:59   #161

nice Tetris.
i hope u finish that.
its awsome, how u create a DB, only with the Client files
Old 01/16/2011, 03:34   #162

Just one question isnt easier to get access on rappelz lost server and dump his db?
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2011, 06:46   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldrain90 View Post
Just one question isn't easier to get access on rappelz lost server and dump his db?
Should be, but tetris already said he want built it by himself, not by steeling files (incomplete and stolen, the files, in the case of the pserver.)
Tetris already said he choose the hard way, with the aim to make something full working from start to end, and only by working on it. Not easy way for something partially working like pserv is.

Then, when tetris will release his project, he would be proud of a real work. Even if he don't drive it to the end, what he will have done will be a lot more benefits to community than everyone else do. Just because he made something, and not just stole to someone else something already stolen.

This is what is a development project and why he create this thread.
Not for speaking about how to get it fast, but only how to do it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/19/2011, 05:38   #164

You know the best p_servers for any MMO always have 1x everything. ^_^

Tetris asked me to look into the DBUpdate.exe unfortunately I can only say that the DBUpdate.opt file must have keys db.preset_00 to db.preset_99. I have no idea what form they should be or what values they should hold, but no other key name is read.

I've bypassed the point where it cannot get a sensible value for one of these keys other than 0, and got it to ask for the RDU file you want to import into your database... but if you try, it fails because the database values are invalid.

Well... actually I don't have a database, so maybe getting one would be a start.

If you have a working database, and would like to see if you can get it to connect and import without any settings, you can open DBUpdate.exe in OllyDbg, <G>o to address 00401B41, and NOP the instruction "je short 00401B50", also <G>o to address 00401B4e and NOP out "jne short 00401B86"

The key comparison is the "cmp EAX,EBX" just before the first address I gave. EBX is always 0, and no matter what I get it to read from the .opt file EAX always seems to be 0 at that point too.

I'll keep looking though.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/13/2011, 09:46   #165

just up ^.^ ((( Noob

We need some info,, for last test ^_^ ..