Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 23:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Redemption Job Change Dialogue

Discussion on Redemption Job Change Dialogue within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
Redemption Job Change Dialogue

A lot of people seem to think I have no intent of releasing work that could benefit the community in some way. This is simply not true;

So after witnessing the very basic Master Class transfer npc_job_change.lua not that there's anything wrong with it. But how about a little life for some, maybe bring a new experience when speaking to someone as story important as the job change NPC's.

So I wrote a whole set of new dialogue's unique to each class going from the very first all the way to Master Class.

Usage:

Simply back up your old npc_job_change.lua
--I suggest placing the file in a RAR archive or moving it outside of the Scripts folder all together.

Then place the following npc_job_change.lua

[Megaupload]
[zShare]
[RapidShare]

I aim to be releasing Redemptions CS Item Dispersal Npc's soon as this is a simple tried and true method that will give users the ability to have nice things, and relatively nice pets, capes, helms, mounts and better. While not making it so easy that it becomes boring. I'm working very hard on these npcs and their prices and hope to have good news soon.

--Check back soon.
Thanks
14 Users
Old 07/25/2011, 22:24   #2

wow thnx
Old 07/27/2011, 23:37   #3

cool ..
Old 07/28/2011, 00:04   #4

I hope you enjoyed it. It's nothing big, but every little bit helps.
Old 07/28/2011, 01:07   #5

So about that CS npc: did you test all cs items that are stored inside the db and got a complete list?
Right now I got a sorted list. I removed nonsense items and also time limited cs items (which got a no limit version). I broke it down to roughly 500 items, which i need to test ingame. Many items are multiple times available, like animal crackers, just their names differ (creature cracker, animal cracker etc). gotta test them all to find out whats working and what not.
Old 07/28/2011, 02:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-nl View Post
gl with that i have about 300+ working id's mostly cs stuf, cloak/deco
wings/items/ect, the hole db is 1 great mess, you can prolly remove 20%-30%
of it
Why don't you share said list with the community?
Old 07/28/2011, 02:45   #7

hes right tho, there is alot, just like theres a unity cloak for r3=usa verison, r5=jp/kr/ph verison, unity cloak for r6 ? verison
and unity cloak for r4 ? verison
Old 07/28/2011, 02:45   #8

as speedy said, 1 big *** mess

speedy where did your post count go? lol
Old 07/28/2011, 02:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithUrban View Post
as speedy said, 1 big *** mess

speedy where did your post count go? lol
Ok yay /clap you have a list (That you won't sare) I don't need your list some of us actually tidy up their db when they find duplicate records and dud records.

However I agree, there is a whoooollle loaddddd of crappp just thrown all over the place.
Old 07/28/2011, 03:54   #10

I didnt put dialog in the lua as then when our client patch is resleased it would have to be removed again and codes put back in, so would be a massive waste of time.
Old 07/28/2011, 11:22   #11

GZ redemption, GL in the future.
Old 07/28/2011, 12:24   #12

Another Great post from you smoke
Hope you Will make more more and more ;p
THANKS
Old 07/28/2011, 14:45   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw988 View Post
I didnt put dialog in the lua as then when our client patch is resleased it would have to be removed again and codes put back in, so would be a massive waste of time.

If you wish to talk about your "Client Patch." talk about it in a NCarbon form. Wisp made it pretty clear that you guys have no intention of looking into my work nor enjoying it, so don't. As I told Pyrok go hug that string editor somewhere else bro. Personally I don't wanna read anything about a tool you're going to hang over the communities head going "nah nah na boo boo, you can't haz it."
Old 07/28/2011, 23:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
that wasnt ment to be a personnel statement against you.

But it sounds like one. Sorry I dont know what kind of dev war is going on right here but replacing one tiny text file doesnt look like tons of work, especially not for an programmer. If a programmer starts crying about things like this, he either isnt a programmer or just a flamer.

jm2c
Old 07/28/2011, 23:52   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
that wasnt ment to be a personnel statement against you. i rewrote that 6 times trying to rethink how to post it with out coming off as a grudge it wasnt ment to be.
but sure go ahead make your changes well make ours and when people start mixing fixes and files and they start crashing or lagging out.
i wont be answering those posts you can. as to that tool if were releasing the aspects it fixes and creates in the new client i dont see that as bragging. informing poorly maybe.
now while most scripts have memory limits lua you have to add one manually and adding dialog as text instead of dialog id's may work eventally its going to cause a **** load of lag due to no set limit but good luck anyhow with your projects
Keep your scare tactics out of here. Everything that you have said has either been proven to be a blatant lie or a moderate confusion of the truth.