Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 18:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's the point of pservers?

Discussion on What's the point of pservers? within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What's the point of pservers?

I'm actually really curious to hear some of the reasons that so many people are making their own private servers.
Old 07/12/2011, 22:53   #2

im not making them, i dont have the skill to do so, but im joining the servers made by others because im tired of a lot of the bullshit that comes from retail servers, 90% of the population on gala servers are ******** and everyone thinks theyr better than everyone else, plus im never an elite there, on the pservers, i can make a name for myself, around good people, and actually have a lot more fun, thats my reason
Old 07/12/2011, 23:06   #3

PServers allow us to do things we always wanted to do.
Have you never wanted to run around in a dungeon screaming LEEROY JENKINS and 1-hitting every monster just for the heck of it? Have you never wanted to try to face betrayal, but you didn't have the dedication to level to r7 first? Have you never wanted to wear those awesome r4 female breeder clothes? (lol)
I sure did.
Old 07/12/2011, 23:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromatt0 View Post
im not making them, i dont have the skill to do so, but im joining the servers made by others because im tired of a lot of the bullshit that comes from retail servers, 90% of the population on gala servers are assholes and everyone thinks theyr better than everyone else, plus im never an elite there, on the pservers, i can make a name for myself, around good people, and actually have a lot more fun, thats my reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelvair View Post
PServers allow us to do things we always wanted to do.
Have you never wanted to run around in a dungeon screaming LEEROY JENKINS and 1-hitting every monster just for the heck of it? Have you never wanted to try to face betrayal, but you didn't have the dedication to level to r7 first? Have you never wanted to wear those awesome r4 female breeder clothes? (lol)
I sure did.

Think that sums it up pretty much i agree i hated the total crap of offical now it takes to much god dam money and time to lv up its worse then p2p which are 100x better now then rappelz they only reason i like rappelz was the pets and classes.

So making a pserver which allows me to try out and get everypet possible in the 6.1 epic would be awsome and getting r7 would be awsome instead of wasting years on a crap game.
Old 07/12/2011, 23:16   #5

It's not a **** game, I enjoyed it very much until I reached Lv117.
I had already spent like 40€ on the game, but I didn't even have nearly enough Rupees to buy r6 stuff, and the drops were horrible... then Epic7 came, making everything more confusing, and I played less and less untill i finally quit Rappelz. It was a great time though.
Old 07/12/2011, 23:22   #6

To be honest, retail server is so easy since epic 7 is released. Leveling from 1 - 90 takes one day. If you then spend like 50€ in game to buy growth pots and stamina savers - you can level from 90 - 100 in 1 - 2 days. 100 - 126 takes less than one week. 126 - 130 takes three days. 130 - 149 (by new witch quests etc..) takes two days.

So, actually you can get level 150 in 15 days. If you have a HLP and enough stamina savers & growth potions.

However, private servers are for those lazy people who don't want to work for levels - and don't spend any real money in a game, since it's really hard to level without stamina savers & growth pots. I personally play retail server and private server. Both is fun.
Old 07/12/2011, 23:57   #7

Come to Redemption Meeka! I'm opening it soon.. I think you'd like it
Old 07/13/2011, 00:02   #8

For Fun

/end thread ^.^
Old 07/13/2011, 00:10   #9

I already have recent server files. I'm not waiting for the release, I'm waiting because I've been caught up in other things lately. Right now I'm on vacation...no work for me and I couldn't be happier!
Old 07/13/2011, 01:13   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-nl View Post
try official as a complete newbie, means no HELP, no rl cash, then you wil see that official sucks big time

plus almost all players there are complete ********, wo think they are so uber
and nows everything, and call all others n00bs

try to put a serius question on there crappy forum, you will be flamed/trolled
but a decent answer, well forget that

not to mention finding any dp will fail because you dont have a lv150+ pet

try asking a question in global chat, you get the same treatment as in there forum

all in all official sucks big time
Well, yeah, as a complete new player, without any high level pet, and if you do not want to spend any real cash - the game is going to be very hard and no fun at all. The facts about forum and players is sadly true...
Old 07/13/2011, 01:18   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflcopterGoesSoiSoiSoi View Post
I already have recent server files. I'm not waiting for the release, I'm waiting because I've been caught up in other things lately. Right now I'm on vacation...no work for me and I couldn't be happier!
MMh, I kinda wish for the devs to not release the new serverfiles, just to we can see if you really have something else than the files you stole some time ago... I personally doubt it :P
Old 07/13/2011, 01:50   #12

I didn't steal ****, Wisp gave them to me 0_o how many times do I have to say it (and how many times does she have to vehemently object to doing so?)
Old 07/13/2011, 01:55   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflcopterGoesSoiSoiSoi;
0_o how many times do I have to say it (and how many times does she have to vehemently object to doing so?)
bout 20 more times
Old 07/13/2011, 02:10   #14

Apparently...

@speedy-nl, Pssssssssssshhhhhhh ... Do you think I paid off a dozen people to go on my thread and post praises for nothing?
Old 07/13/2011, 02:31   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelvair View Post
Have you never wanted to wear those awesome r4 female breeder clothes? (lol)
I sure did.
who told you about my sekrit!