Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 04:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does Everyone have that Lag Problem?

Discussion on Does Everyone have that Lag Problem? within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Does Everyone have that Lag Problem?

Hello,

i just want to ask if anyone knows how to resolve the annoying server lag Problem.

We tryed everythin to fix it but nothin works...

Best Greetings,

Energetics
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/29/2011, 22:56   #2

elite*gold: 1
Get a better internet connection, better root server and it won't lagg.
Old 05/29/2011, 23:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranK337 View Post
Get a better internet connection, better root server and it won't lagg.
aha? so you want to say that i need a better root server for no lags?

So then tell me why it doesnt lag if ppls come in and run around and when 1 guy buys anythin or skills his skilltree the server starts lagg?

and btw. our server is not 1% overloaded so why should we get a better server when our server is strong enough?
Old 05/29/2011, 23:18   #4

The reason it lags when picking up drops, etc but not when running around is because it doesn't save every single movement to the db but it does save every item transaction or skill state. So perhaps your SQL server box isn't up to the task or is misconfigured...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/29/2011, 23:22   #5

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
The reason it lags when picking up drops, etc but not when running around is because it doesn't save every single movement to the db but it does save every item transaction or skill state. So perhaps your SQL server box isn't up to the task or is misconfigured...
...or this.
Old 05/30/2011, 05:15   #6

I am having the same issue. The internet shouldn't even be part of this problem for me at this point b/c I'm running a local server. I have a quad core processor @ 4.5Ghz and 12GB DDR3 ram. I'm a noob with MS SQL so have no idea how to optimize it. Was reading about indexes but can't figure that stuff out.

@Pyrok, if you have any suggestions for helping my server run faster please let me know. Thanks.
Old 05/30/2011, 06:12   #7

I'm not real familiar with SQL Server but on my machine the bottleneck is the file subsystem. The only SQL Server I ever had to deal with before this was a low-traffic dedicated server where data integrity and security were much more important than a game server (financial information). A real server would be running RAID (1 or 5 at a minimum) and using high performance server hard drives probably using a SAN box. I have the same lag everyone is talking about but I think it would be ok on a real server setup.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/30/2011, 07:10   #8

Ok, great. Thanks for the info bud. Trying to put everything on a OCZ Vertex 2 SSD tomorrow and see if it makes a improvement.
Old 06/03/2011, 07:12   #9

look in to 3GB switch or allowing programs to access and allocate more memory if i use #learn_all_skill i lagg for a few secs thats about it.
other then that i honestly never had much of this problem.