Just to give everyone a heads up. I found a site/server called Kafros First Rappelz Server | all rates x1200 and they had a 100mb Rar file up for download (should have known by size). Upon completion of the download the rar file is encrypted/password protected. I scanned with malwarebytes, nod32 and symentec corp edition.
All found nothing (guessing due to encryption), but I strongly suggest avoiding the site and the download.The site even has an open registration (maybe a possible phishing scam for passwords). I signed up with one of my spam accounts and haven't received any e:mail back confirming. To make it even look more legit, they have a server status: online and a user count status on the site.
Since there's no sign of a virus within the file I couldn't say it's good or bad but the file could be a patch (not saying it is) but what we assume now may not be true, like when there was rumours of Sir Alex Ferguson is ganna quit after this season....
I have read this information too late now and I've downloaded the server kafros. Can someone please tell me how everything I've downloaded it, get away from my computer?
I'm really desperate now
Can someone pls help me ?
I don't see how you can be infected. The downloaded file is encrypted/password protected which won't allow you to unpack it. However again I suggest doing the following.
Download Malwarebytes and ComboFix run both in safemode and it should get rid of anything left behind.
WARNING! FAKE MAIL! 03/09/2010 - Aion - 4 Replies If you get that mail, just delete it. Got it into my GMX mail account.
Warning: This is a fake lolkop 12/20/2009 - SRO Private Server - 41 Replies http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7707/sro200912181 0293680.jpg http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/sro20091218102936 80.jpg/1/w1024.png
That's obviously a keylogger. Whoever that person is on this forum needs to get a life.. Ecsro gms so lazy -.-
ecsrovip