Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[PREVIEW]Rappelz Unity

Discussion on [PREVIEW]Rappelz Unity within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [PREVIEW]Rappelz Unity

Hi,

I have been a dev of private server for a long time but I was tired of being stuck on this graphics engine, so I decided to redo Rappelz from A to Z on Unity with of course some new features that I will list below.
I've been working alone on this project for 1 year now and I'm not ready to stop there. I know that I still have a lot of things to do, but I'm moving forward at my own pace and with the support of a lot of people. So I decided to share with you my Youtube page for those who want to follow my progress or simply support me. I'm open to any advice/ideas.

MAP

What is shaded is to be done, what is in color is already done.

Horizon,
Laksy,
Katan,
Rondo,
Trainee Island,
Starting area DEVA,
Starting area ASURA,
Starting area GAIA,
Dungeon Moon,
Hidden Village,
Grand Bazaar.

System Already done :

Swimming : 100%
Loot : 100%
Movement : 100%
Flight system : 100%
Mount : 100%
Summon an allied creature (pet) : 100%
Monster : 100%
Quest : 100%
Combat : 100%
Cutscene : 50%
Track Quest : 50%
Raid dungeon : 0%
Catch monster : 0%

List of novelties

Traps in dungeon.
Ability to fly through the air.
Ability to jump.
Ability to dodge melee and magic attacks.
Possibility of "aiming".
Possibility to swim in the water (you will have to swim to go from the island of apprentices to horizon).
New spells/attacks.
Possibility to adapt the game according to the performance of your computer.
Mounts fly/Floats on water/...
New monsters.
New character animations.
The Npc will accost you when you pass near them, for example the potion seller will say "I have everything you need to go on an adventure" when you pass near him.
New music.
Completely free games.
Cutscenes.
Breathtaking new visual effects.
Water more real than nature.
And much more !

If you want to follow or just watch it all for yourself here is the link to my channel, thanks for reading.

Direct link to the channel :

PS: Sorry I didn't know where to post this..
Thanks
16 Users
Old 10/05/2022, 22:14   #2

Looks amazing :O
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/05/2022, 22:14   #3

RIP to all the other servers whenever you release this. THIS would definitely deserve donations (otherwise i think you get charged if you "sell" but even then, i'd buy), unlike a lot of pservers that are just copy/paste with some cash shop or p2w items.

well done, please keep it up
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/06/2022, 00:14   #4

Very skilled, impressive as the first screen you shared to us. We are all behind you! Can't wait to see more. Need to get off my rear end and get the gs more matured so we can match your client up to Navi emulator

GOGOGO!
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/06/2022, 03:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyidiotg View Post
RIP to all the other servers whenever you release this. THIS would definitely deserve donations (otherwise i think you get charged if you "sell" but even then, i'd buy), unlike a lot of pservers that are just copy/paste with some cash shop or p2w items.

well done, please keep it up
Hello, thank you for your support. The game will be completely free and without cash shop, those who want to support me can do it on paypal but nothing is mandatory of course. It motivates me to see all people like my project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom View Post
Very skilled, impressive as the first screen you shared to us. We are all behind you! Can't wait to see more. Need to get off my rear end and get the gs more matured so we can match your client up to Navi emulator

GOGOGO!
Thanks man, I can't wait to finish it but it will take me a lot of time and especially to find a way to convert the Rappelz monster animations into naf to be able to reuse them, doing them myself would take me too much time. Courage for Navi Emulator and thanks a lot bro
Old 10/06/2022, 19:00   #6

I need this *.* When are you reday?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2022, 19:50   #7

I wouldn't call this "Rappelz" unless you're somehow using its source code. Nowadays many games are being influenced by each other. I really appreciate the effort.

My humble suggestion would be to follow MVP approach and not try to do everything at once. I think as long as there are some clear goals for players and system is working robust without critical issues like dupe etc, you can start a beta process so that we can also experience the game and give feedback. As others mentioned, people also would support this project financially with some in-game items as they see progress towards the goal.

I wish you the best luck as a software engineer and a passionate Rappelz player will check this thread over time.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/08/2022, 13:58   #8

I love your work, i support you
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/07/2022, 22:35   #9

Rondo City : First Preview

Thanks
6 Users
Old 12/08/2022, 00:43   #10

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
It looks so nice.
Old 12/09/2022, 11:39   #11

well, i've been thinking of starting to learn about getting into unity for long time and it seems it is because of you i'll do it right away
Old 12/09/2022, 16:16   #12

When 1 person make better work like 200 dev in wow along the years XD
Old 12/10/2022, 19:49   #13

elite*gold: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomeloso View Post
When 1 person make better work like 200 dev in wow along the years XD
I don't mean to belittle the hard work and dedication he has put in to his work, but it is not only 1 person.. Unity has over five thousand employees and over 2 billion active users.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/11/2022, 12:52   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armala View Post
I don't mean to belittle the hard work and dedication he has put in to his work, but it is not only 1 person.. Unity has over five thousand employees and over 2 billion active users.
I don't even try to explain to people that they have no idea what they're talking about
Old 12/12/2022, 00:35   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosiem View Post
I don't even try to explain to people that they have no idea what they're talking about
Sorry I thinked was a fan mod, like others.

Tags
rappelz, rappelz unity, unity