Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?


Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:19

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



A decent english server?

Discussion on A decent english server? within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Received Thanks: 0
A decent english server?

Why isn't there any new english private servers being released? Surely we have the playerbase to support them, seems pretty weird.
21static is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 01:36   #2


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,083
Received Thanks: 3,444
The hype around pservers, or rather say the game itself, is more or less dead.
I believe with a few exceptions every decent dev left the scene by now, adding to that an average server that's not too bad may reach about 20 concurrent players now. That's definitely not worth it.

Sadly enough, with the possibilities we have we can't provide new stuff (see my ) for players to get them around for more than a week or two.
Even if there's a good server coming, I believe it wont survive that long.

But oh well, just my 2 cents
Xijezu is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 15:17   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
Received Thanks: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
The hype around pservers, or rather say the game itself, is more or less dead.
I believe with a few exceptions every decent dev left the scene by now, adding to that an average server that's not too bad may reach about 20 concurrent players now. That's definitely not worth it.

Sadly enough, with the possibilities we have we can't provide new stuff (see my ) for players to get them around for more than a week or two.
Even if there's a good server coming, I believe it wont survive that long.

But oh well, just my 2 cents
Disagree, the hype for the new epics is dead. no point on new epics with high rates we've seen tons of them already one by one.
I think that many players are corrently looking for old epics 6.x to 7.x because those are the golden days of rappelz and i more than sure they will support the server with the payments because players are also more aware of this.
amitking111 is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 15:52   #4


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,083
Received Thanks: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
Disagree, the hype for the new epics is dead. no point on new epics with high rates we've seen tons of them already one by one.
I think that many players are corrently looking for old epics 6.x to 7.x because those are the golden days of rappelz and i more than sure they will support the server with the payments because players are also more aware of this.
Gotta disagree here, too.
You're not wrong that most people would like to see older epics. However, there are/were plenty of those.
Those that are still around barely have any players and the ones that quit had a similar problem. Once you start older epics people complain that it's too hard, leveling is too low, drop rate sucks, whatever. Alright, then let's up those then, you say. Now you're playing on an Epic 6 server for, let's say, a week and hit 150. What now? Same problem as before. You don't have any endgame at all - and the lower the epic the less content you have after all.
If you don't change the rates, people wont even play on your server due to the previously mentioned reasons.
We saw that plenty of times already. It has happened on every server I've heard of so far.
And those servers that lived long had a higher-epic server with a higher player base. Best example would be Zesua. I'm not sure how many players they have on their 5.2 server, but I am pretty sure that's just a fraction of what their 9.4 server has. They get their revenue/support/playerbase from the 9.4 one, not the 5.2 one.

What's missing on all those servers is a neat balance of not-being-too-hard and having actual end game content that keeps you for more than a week on a server. And this is something we probably wont see anytime soon.
Xijezu is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 16:48   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
Received Thanks: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Gotta disagree here, too.
You're not wrong that most people would like to see older epics. However, there are/were plenty of those.
Those that are still around barely have any players and the ones that quit had a similar problem. Once you start older epics people complain that it's too hard, leveling is too low, drop rate sucks, whatever. Alright, then let's up those then, you say. Now you're playing on an Epic 6 server for, let's say, a week and hit 150. What now? Same problem as before. You don't have any endgame at all - and the lower the epic the less content you have after all.
If you don't change the rates, people wont even play on your server due to the previously mentioned reasons.
We saw that plenty of times already. It has happened on every server I've heard of so far.
And those servers that lived long had a higher-epic server with a higher player base. Best example would be Zesua. I'm not sure how many players they have on their 5.2 server, but I am pretty sure that's just a fraction of what their 9.4 server has. They get their revenue/support/playerbase from the 9.4 one, not the 5.2 one.

What's missing on all those servers is a neat balance of not-being-too-hard and having actual end game content that keeps you for more than a week on a server. And this is something we probably wont see anytime soon.
Players that complain about the exp rate on old epics should not play on the first place, the whole point of those old epics is to challenge you.
Getting 150 in a week is fine, and you can always come up with ideas to make the server even better. new gears & pets, events etc.
Bringing old servers to your statement is wrong in my opinion. why? because for example, your server (darknessfight) i have been there since day one and to tell you the truth it was one (if not the best) servers ive been on, now to the point - the problems u dealt with was though for example the gala lab shit and also no one had really clue how to run properly, now with all the experience we have it will be easier to run one.
Now, most of the old school tend to be servers ive seen had common issues such as listening to other stupid players for example if a group of 5 players out of 50 cry about the exp rate, the next day they make it higher - that should not happen.
I think that the keys to success for old epics is first add staged pets this will bring more options for the game, open 4 slots for belt, low exp rate, decent buffs, weekly events , and adding new content with the help of the players on the server - they can give u the best perspective and suggestions.
amitking111 is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 17:45   #6


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,083
Received Thanks: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
Players that complain about the exp rate on old epics should not play on the first place, the whole point of those old epics is to challenge you.
I tend to agree, however, the majority of the player base does not. As mentioned earlier, we've seen this before quite often.
The thing is, we're too biased due to playing too much on higher epics. They made things so fricking easy compared to back then it's unbelievable. Now if you go back to older epics you always feel like shit because it was way harder back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
Getting 150 in a week is fine, and you can always come up with ideas to make the server even better. new gears & pets, events etc.
Technically you're right, but that's something no dev is going to do, adding a whole system every week "because it got old already". Developing new systems or adding new stuff takes a lot of time and most, if not all of us, are doing it in their free time. You just cannot do this every week or two, especially long term, because at some point it just repeats and gets boring. You run out of ideas pretty fast. We've seen most of it by now and our possibilities are limited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
Bringing old servers to your statement is wrong in my opinion. why? because for example, your server (darknessfight) i have been there since day one and to tell you the truth it was one (if not the best) servers ive been on, now to the point - the problems u dealt with was though for example the gala lab shit and also no one had really clue how to run properly, now with all the experience we have it will be easier to run one.
To be fair, I wasn't even taking DF as an example because we always had the newest epic and were mid- to high rate. That's something we cannot compare here imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
Now, most of the old school tend to be servers ive seen had common issues such as listening to other stupid players for example if a group of 5 players out of 50 cry about the exp rate, the next day they make it higher - that should not happen.
That depends on the perspective and developer, but I agree. However, you need to look at it in a long term perspective. If it's worth in the long term, then why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
I think that the keys to success for old epics is first add staged pets
I'm pulling this out here. I honestly can't even remember when it was added. Epic 8.1? 7.4? No idea. However, that requires you to either downgrade from the existing files to remove hated stuff like dura or "deal with it". There were a few downgrades so far, I personally was never a fan of something like this because imho this doesn't solve any problems, it actually adds more, but oh well. Anyway, we can't just say "alright, let's take Epic 5.2 as a base and add staged pets in it" because we don't have the possibility. If you want Epic 5.2 with staged pets you need to downgrade, and then it's just 7.4 with less content, and that just doesn't feel right, neither as a developer nor as a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitking111 View Post
adding new content with the help of the players on the server - they can give u the best perspective and suggestions.
...which requires you to have a playerbase that stays long enough that they get a feeling for the server. Adding to that, players don't know where our limit is, so they often suggest stuff that's just not possible ("hey, this is a 5.2 server, add staged pets pls" as previously mentioned) don't mention anything ("But Xi, I always try to suggest new things!" - Gratz, you're one of a handful, the server should feel lucky. ) or run out of ideas either.
Believe me, it's harder than it sounds like.
Xijezu is offline  
Old 02/12/2018, 18:50   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
Received Thanks: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
I tend to agree, however, the majority of the player base does not. As mentioned earlier, we've seen this before quite often.
The thing is, we're too biased due to playing too much on higher epics. They made things so fricking easy compared to back then it's unbelievable. Now if you go back to older epics you always feel like shit because it was way harder back then.
I'm more than sure that if an old school english stable server (when i say stable i mean relaible team) will open now it will be much more succesfull and populated than the corrent server alive.
we have seen some 7.2 server that had non relaible team example for that will be mirage, admin that boosts his friends etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Technically you're right, but that's something no dev is going to do, adding a whole system every week "because it got old already". Developing new systems or adding new stuff takes a lot of time and most, if not all of us, are doing it in their free time. You just cannot do this every week or two, especially long term, because at some point it just repeats and gets boring. You run out of ideas pretty fast. We've seen most of it by now and our possibilities are limited.
you got me wrong, no one said "make a whole system every week" thats non sense. all we need is weekly Events
and trust me, i doubt if players will complain about something as it will probably be the only old school server alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
To be fair, I wasn't even taking DF as an example because we always had the newest epic and were mid- to high rate. That's something we cannot compare here imho.
i just mentioned that in order to remind u the difficults u had running a server back in the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
That depends on the perspective and developer, but I agree. However, you need to look at it in a long term perspective. If it's worth in the long term, then why not?
everything i said is for the long term perspective also, keep in mind that you cant make a private server too difficult no one will player years to get geared thats not the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
I'm pulling this out here. I honestly can't even remember when it was added. Epic 8.1? 7.4? No idea. However, that requires you to either downgrade from the existing files to remove hated stuff like dura or "deal with it". There were a few downgrades so far, I personally was never a fan of something like this because imho this doesn't solve any problems, it actually adds more, but oh well. Anyway, we can't just say "alright, let's take Epic 5.2 as a base and add staged pets in it" because we don't have the possibility. If you want Epic 5.2 with staged pets you need to downgrade, and then it's just 7.4 with less content, and that just doesn't feel right, neither as a developer nor as a player.
Epic 7.2 if im correct, you got me wrong here too.. i meant 7.2 based client example for that will be o2 server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
...which requires you to have a playerbase that stays long enough that they get a feeling for the server. Adding to that, players don't know where our limit is, so they often suggest stuff that's just not possible ("hey, this is a 5.2 server, add staged pets pls" as previously mentioned) don't mention anything ("But Xi, I always try to suggest new things!" - Gratz, you're one of a handful, the server should feel lucky. ) or run out of ideas either.
Believe me, it's harder than it sounds like.
Answered that on the last quote
amitking111 is offline  
Old 02/13/2018, 10:30   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 86
Received Thanks: 10
Wow thats a lot of stuff to read. But you guys tend to miss something here.

Even if the rates were so low that you barely gain exp from a mob or even the exp was too high and you hit max in hours, there is 1 thing you all miss.
CONTENT
whats the point of getting gear if the end game pvp is only archer vs mage vs champion ?, same old boring nightmare trap and spams.

I think the old classic stuff are not even enough to make a server successful, thats why i want to express my ideas by dedicate my spare time to bring more content into 7.2 that will open after 4 months from now 7/15.
RappelzUnited is offline  
Old 02/13/2018, 15:15   #9


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,083
Received Thanks: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by RappelzUnited View Post
Wow thats a lot of stuff to read. But you guys tend to miss something here.

Even if the rates were so low that you barely gain exp from a mob or even the exp was too high and you hit max in hours, there is 1 thing you all miss.
CONTENT
whats the point of getting gear if the end game pvp is only archer vs mage vs champion ?, same old boring nightmare trap and spams.

I think the old classic stuff are not even enough to make a server successful, thats why i want to express my ideas by dedicate my spare time to bring more content into 7.2 that will open after 4 months from now 7/15.
We talked about content and/or endgame most of the time. I think you missed something here.

As mentioned before, we've seen most of the stuff now. What's missing in the game and won't be added by any of us sooner or later is endgame content or content in general. Either you bring new stuff every week or two to keep your players entertained or you're done. But to be fair, that's "just" personal experience from hosting DF twice and observing other servers.

Back then when the scene was new, most of the stuff we added was unique and exciting. Have you seen anything like that recently? I haven't.
I'm personally not the most creative person around, but I feel like we've hit a point where coming up with something like that is **** hard and requires a shitton of work. And even if we add it, it gets boring after some time, too.
Xijezu is offline  
Old 02/13/2018, 16:48   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 425
Received Thanks: 545
I hate to say it but @ is right, the game as it was and as it stands now are dead. We could talk about what it is, isn't and could be but here is the bricks mate:

1. Rappelz is dead. Know it, accept it.

2. The only good that can come from this now is a reimplementation of the entire engine as a concept.

3. If any server is to every be successful it will rely on marketing to a wider audience than just this scene or Rappelz in-general. It will need to be able to capture and hold the attention of not only previous Rappelz players but new players as-well.

And as a final note:

If Rappelz as an engine/concept is to rise out of the ashes it is currently smoldering in, the people who want it need to make it a reality and not just a discussion. @ has put together an extremely promising project . So promising infact I'm actually going to start learning c++ so I can contribute to it.

TL;DR

You want a good server, make it happen because no one else is going to. That could mean helping with a wiki, managing/modding project forums, creating art work, bug-testing, creating tools or any number of things!
SilentWisdom is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Reply


Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Trading] WTT lvl65 Chanter (Decent Gear) with lvl65 Gladiator (Decent Gear)
09/14/2014 - Aion Trading - 0 Replies
WTT lvl65 Chanter Decent Gear @Elyos Perento with lvl65 Gladiator Decent Gear @Perento. +10 Kata wep (half of those manstones are comp stones crit/mr) +10 Full 65a-4star set MR Good for solo pvp vs Mages and support group pvp. +10 Gonon full lvl60 comp stones magic acc/crit. (2000+ Macc and 950+ Crit) Good for solo pvp. Full HP set (Strife) Good for support pve. +10/15 40e Full attack set Good for dps pve. pm me for more info.
[Selling] [EUW] Diamond 2 account with decent runes & decent price
07/30/2014 - League of Legends Trading - 2 Replies
http://i.imgur.com/TUlUZ5g.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nQ4GDaV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/y74YVGm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UO1DK0t.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Z8lYHtx.jpg
EUW | Gold Division Elo | 2 Skins | decent champions | decent runes
02/18/2013 - League of Legends Trading - 0 Replies
Euw account with gold division. Has around 50+/- champs and 2 skins. The acc also has a free transfer to EUNE or turkey server. For more information or if you're intersted in the account.. Pm me here Or message me at skype : Freshkid47
decent/good miner, and decent PvE. 5.5M SP
06/16/2012 - Eve Online Trading - 2 Replies
This is the account up for sale. eveboard - Abbigale Nova She CAN pilot a Hulk, She just doesn't own one because of Hulkageddon and what not. She will come with no isk (other then whatever ends up selling that's up on the market right now, a few mil worth of stuff, I believe) She will come with a fully fitted Retriever for mining, a second retriever in a small pocket of high sec surrounded by low and null (if you want to risk flying out there for it to sell, or use, or whatever),...
ENGLISH??ENGLISH??ENGLISH??ENGLISH??
10/21/2007 - WoW Private Server - 0 Replies
I NEED A COMPLETELY ENGLISH private server dont post in.. whatever other language u pplz speak in



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2021 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.