Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE] Rappelz Packet Bridge

Old   #1

elite*gold: 30
[RELEASE] Rappelz Packet Bridge

Long time short, didnt release something here for about 2 or 3 years or so...

Since i have returned to Rappelz development and mostly spend my free time for some networking, it was really required for me to create a tool which dumps all Rappelz packets to see its contents. So, after i made this tool, i decided to release it.

Rappelz Packet Bridge usage guide

Configuration

There are 3 configuration files loaded by tool as default.

Packet Descriptor configration
It contains string identifiers for common packet IDs in a transfer.

Auth bridge configuration

This file provides common config for client->auth and auth->client packets bridge.

Game bridge configuration

This file provides common config for client->GS and GS->client packets bridge.

Installation

The bridge is a standalone application which recieves Rappelz packets from both client and server, decodes it using RC4Cipher, shows it in log window and passes through.

To make bridge dumping packets, you should open it on same port your auth/game server binds. Also you have to open a game server on addressort accessible only for a bridge. Its possible using a domain defined in Hosts file or a virtual machine.

Examples:

Tips

This tool only shows raw data of packets which are decoded themselves by RC4Cipher. That means the actual packets content you see in logs is different from one that is passed through network, as well as all packets are encoded with this cipher.

This tool also shows packets content including header which describes ther IDs and length (see TS_MESSAGE packet structure).

Credits

I am really proud of working with Glandu2 last time, again, discussing ideas and taking tons of helpful information, as always. So, credits on this tool are shared with him.

Development and support

Most likely, this tool will never meet a world as naked open source, so, for now its only a tool which allows to dump packets and observe its contents in an easy and comfortable way.

Same, i think it will not have a development support in the future. The program is basically developed as a tool for own purposes, but anyways, released as might be helpful for someone.

Download

With a shame, i can only say that VirusTotal recognized the actual tool as malicious using a bunch of weird algorhytms i have never even seen before.

So, its 4/60 but i have no time to google a description of those types of malwares it found and fix code parts which could be a cause of such analysis.

Simply saying: no trust - no DL.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RappelzPacketBridge.zip (21.8 KB, 31 views)

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
thanks

Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
Good work but what useful this tool
Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ProGramer]sFa7 View Post
Good work but what useful this tool
this tool is useful for dumping packets to see which packets are sent by client and server on any action, see contents of packets and compare with values given in game. this data can be usefuul to collect for creating game server or game client emulation software