Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Suggestions

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Suggestions

So EPVP reminds us moderators that the forums are here for the players and members of the forums and to try and encourage communication between the members rather than discourage it because after all EPVP is here for you.

Having said that I am trying to get some feed back on what you members would like to see as far as our forum organization goes.

Ill start with a couple of opinions of my own.

I could kind of do without having the conglomerated help thread. I grow tired of telling people who are new to this forum that they should use it, and many people who are new to the forum section overlook it.

If we could find some better way to organize release threads, then members new to the forum asking for genuine help pushing releases deeper into the forums would not matter as much because we could still find the important releases.

This forum is yours and I am here with some influence that I can help organize it a little better. In return I may ask some of you to help me with some German translations.

So how do you think you would like to see things.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
I could kind of do without having the conglomerated help thread. I grow tired of telling people who are new to this forum that they should use it, and many people who are new to the forum section overlook it.
I honestly can't remember who or why the thread got sticked at all, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't me.
However, I completely agree with that, having the help thread causes more problems than solving those.
"Just use the search dude", ever tried finding something specific in the help thread? A pain. Still better than the reddit search tho. /s

Quote:
If we could find some better way to organize release threads, then members new to the forum asking for genuine help pushing releases deeper into the forums would not matter as much because we could still find the important releases.
Here we have the problem of keeping the list up2date again.
Back then I made a thread myself, got outdated after a while, then ciphers thread got sticked, got outdated, too, and yeah. Not much we can do, tho, besides trying to keeping those up2date.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
As far as releases and general tutorial/info write-ups go. I suggest any interested members help in the creation/maintenance of a wiki. We could allow people to apply to be maintainers and/or contributors. That way such releases or information could be stored and updated by a group of people instead of relying on one specific person which as Xijezu has pointed out typically fails.

This wiki could then be written about in a stickied topic, that explains the wiki, why it is exists, what can be found, how to apply to be contributor/maintainer and the link.

Just a thought.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom View Post
As far as releases and general tutorial/info write-ups go. I suggest any interested members help in the creation/maintenance of a wiki. We could allow people to apply to be maintainers and/or contributors. That way such releases or information could be stored and updated by a group of people instead of relying on one specific person which as Xijezu has pointed out typically fails.

This wiki could then be written about in a stickied topic, that explains the wiki, why it is exists, what can be found, how to apply to be contributor/maintainer and the link.

Just a thought.
I also had that idea, however, this probably isn't in the interest of e*pvp.
Of course they'd like to keep the guides and releases on their own site to get clicks, views and therefore new members and money.
If we'd keep linking users to a Rappelz-Dev-only Wiki, why should they come here anyway?

I may be wrong with that thought, but it'd surprise me if I would be mistaken.

@ Ich nehme mal an, ich liege mit meiner Annahme richtig, von daher: Wie weit könnten wir uns mit sowas von e*pvp abkapseln, ohne dass es Probleme mit der Verlinking gäbe?

Old   #5

I wonder if it could be done if it not only back linked but if it were EPVP themed.
Old   #6

Is it possible to have a post on epvp editable by everyone ?
Maybe also set a minimal thanks count or epvp level to allow someone editing the post.

So the post could be updated by anyone (like a stackoverflow community contributed question or answer)
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
Is it possible to have a post on epvp editable by everyone ?
Maybe also set a minimal thanks count or epvp level to allow someone editing the post.

So the post could be updated by anyone (like a stackoverflow community contributed question or answer)
I think only the original topic creator and forum levels higher than the original poster can have edit permissions on the topic, but I will have to check with administration if somehow a wiki like topic can be created.
Old   #8

What would be nice would be like a thread that is being maintained by x,y & z (not everyone since that will get chaotic very fast) and with bullet points in the first post as an index like:

post 33 = how to make serverwide buffs that includes pets as well every 10 minutes - by editing server_bin\Game_bin\Resource\Script\xyz.ela
post 34 = how to add HV return pass every 59 minutes - by editing server_bin\Game_bin\Resource\Script\xyz.ela
post 54 = how to update your 9.1 Server installation with following downloads to 9.3/9.4
post 77 = how to import 9.4 pets into you 9.1 server
post 78 = how to import 9.4 dungeons into you 9.1 server
etc.

that way you don't have to leave epvpers (and it is done that way on xda for example)

(btw examples 1&2 are something i want to have again after my fubar with my raid and lost my old server xD )
Old   #9

Another way is to have a sub forum for releases.
Everything that is not a release would be moved to the current forum.

I'm not sure if this would work, that is, if newcomers would create a question thread on the current forum or the release forum (if it means a lot of thread moves from release subforum to current one, then its maybe not worth)

The advantage of this is that all releases are kept available in a reasonable number of forum pages. Actually the EPVP search feature only search in the last year of activity, so releases too old get lost forever (unless someone walks on every pages to find them)

Also, if this is possible, restrict the thread creation on the release subforum to a special group of "releasers" where everyone in the group can invite everyone so it doesn't require a moderator to manage this. Maybe even keep the group open as newcomers probably won't make the effort of joining the group just to post in the release subforum instead of the current forum.
=> a sort of rappelz forum internal moderation
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

Quote:

I'm not sure if this would work, that is, if newcomers would create a question thread on the current forum or the release forum.
I like this idea. Maybe even a couple more sub forums. I wouldn't mind moving a few threads.

Quote:
Actually the EPVP search feature only search in the last year of activity, so releases too old get lost forever
That's why I could not find my moderator application.

Quote:
Also, if this is possible, restrict the thread creation on the release subforum to a special group of "releasers" where everyone in the group can invite everyone so it doesn't require a moderator to manage this. Maybe even keep the group open as newcomers probably won't make the effort of joining the group just to post in the release subforum instead of the current forum.
=> a sort of rappelz forum internal moderation
Maybe it could be a read only sub forum.

You can create posts in release threads once they are there so discussion could still be had about the release but you could not create new topics.

I could just move release topics into the sub forum.

If there is no active moderator developers can just ask global moderators to move their threads in there.
Old   #11

Quote:
Quote:
I like this idea. Maybe even a couple more sub forums. I wouldn't mind moving a few threads.
The idea itself is good, however, the chance of getting more subforums is around zero.
We're too small and inactive. The fight for a subforum was always a pain, even with bigger sections.

Let me give you 2 examples:
, the largest MMO section in the MMORPG categorie (so excluding forums like FlyFF & co, since they have their own forum-category), with over 20k threads it's twice as big as the Rappelz section.
Apparentely as dead as Rappelz by now, but has the same section-setup as us. Why don't they have a release section?

- maybe not an MMO but still has PServers and it's a section with over 20k posts. They don't even have sub-sections. They only have that one which is used for Bots, PServer Advertising, releases and co.

There are 2 sections with a PServer release subforum:
and .
The difference between them and us?
The activity in those sections. I can't speak for the CO2 section because I've never been there, however, the FlyFF section, especially the pserver scene, has been active for years. With the source leaked you can expect a shit ton of releases and stuff. Their release section contains over 1.500 threads. How many releases do we have? I honestly doubt we'll even hit over 150.
Just another thought: Even the most active MMO section in this forum, the Metin2 section, does not have a release section (their source is leaked by now, too, however, that happened "recently", around 2013?). Same goes for the WoW section.

tl;dr: We're too small for a section to have more sub-forums. We don't even have real activity in this subforum and literally no activity in the parent section.
Old   #12
Trade Restricted

The Black Market: 424/0/9
Very good idea i wish u luck |<