Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Frustrating

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Frustrating

I have tried so many time trying to get 8.1 running and 9.1 running and not successful.

Here is the setup for the server:

I input the 1433 for the port, and restarted the server.

After restarting I check the TCP/IP again and the port was changed to: 64932
Why is this happening?

For 8.1, im missing the proper auth.bak. For the auth.bak, i try the auth.bak from the 9.1, and I got the error message of:

Auth DB INIT ERROR: [DBNETLIB]{ConntionOpen(Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found.

For the 9.1, Im still struggling to even get server up and running. These files:

Rappelz Auth Emu - Admin Console
rzauth
rzbenchauth
rzgamereconnect

These file do not work or wont connect.

So at this point I dont know what to do, no matter how many times I try fresh reinstall nothing works.

Can someone plz help walk me through and dont point to some obvious help link since theres so many.

Please just help me get one working version of this *** forsakken game running.

Old   #2

Follow. The. *******. Tutorial.

You wont get a *** **** CONNECTION ERROR when using a "wrong" auth db. ANY auth db is good to go. You get a connection error because you are specifing wrong information in the configuration files. All of your problems lie with being ignorant.

There is no such things as "these files do not connect". That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Follow iSmokeDrows setup guide STEP BY STEP and you wont be having problems. If you think "oh hey **** this im taking a shortcut and skip this step" then please leave this board and never return.

You create multiple spam topics over and over again, yet we have a specific topic for these kinds of questions related to ignorance.

Quote:
Can someone plz help walk me through and dont point to some obvious help link since theres so many.
Hello? There's a ******* detailed guide for that.

Old   #3

I follow the fucken turtorial, and its not working, and if you dont want to help then keep your opinion to yourself, you haven't even offer a solid solution to any of my problem. And I follow the *** dam tutorial, I got every specific file that came with it and its not working, so if you wanna help then be more proactive about it.
Old   #4

elite*gold: 1
Follow the guide and when you have trouble use the help thread to ask your questions.

It will help if you are detailed about the step in the process that you are stuck on.

90% of the time when people are having a connecting issue it is a mis configured .opt file or not compressed .opt file.

Be prepared to post your .opt files and other information so that we may be able to help you.

Please, I overemphasize, please use the help thread to do this instead of creating multiple board threads just so we can help one person. It buries release threads in the forums and makes these boards messy.

Old   #5

Just because I really wanted to know if I'm overreacting to this stupidness I asked my 12 year old cousin, who knows nothing about Rappelz, to set up a server on his machine. He did it faster than I could finish my beer.