Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE] rShrink

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE] rShrink

Recently I had a revelation about the ways your average client dumpers works (this also applies to client packers) and I decided to make a little test program to see if an idea I had would indeed make it faster.

Grimoire (see signature) can dump a client on a non-ssd hard drive in around 15-20 minutes depending on read/write speed of the hdd'(s) it is operating on. It does a rebuild in roughly 30-40 minutes.

This has to do with the way it manages data.xxx files during the import/export processes, rShrink uses an entirely new method of management and can dump a 9.1 client in 6 minutes and rebuild it in 11 minutes, a dramatic performance increase.

rShrink is named that because while it rebuilds the client it makes it smaller (unless you add much bigger files during the pause between exporting/importing) in current tests a 6.2 client goes from 4.24 to 3.77GB and a 9.1 client goes from 6.34 to 5.19GB

Shrinking Explination

rShrink is simple, take it and plop it inside your client root (where sframe.exe sits) and launch it. It will immediately index data.000 and begin dumping, once it has completed the dumping process it will ask you if you are ready to rebuild. Take this time to make any file alterations to the dumped files located in (client/output/data001-data008) then type y or yes and press enter.

I am not releasing the source as this new method will come with Grimoire v2 and a new DataCore.dll that will be what is powering Grimoire v2 and will be more easily integrated into 3rd party .NET projects.

Note:

If you don't trusted an app from iSmokeDrow simply don't download it

You will need .NET 4.5.1 (Vista/7/8/8.1/10)
Attached Files
File Type: rar rShrink.rar (7.6 KB, 85 views)

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #2

Thank you, for your work for the community

Old   #3

good job