Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How much does Rappelz Licence costs ?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 70
How much does Rappelz Licence costs ?

Hi there , It's been months if not a year already since I didn't come here nice to see you guys .

Anyway , just wanted to ask a quick question . Does anyone here know how much Rappelz Licence costs ? I mean to buy legit server files and run official server if that's possible .

Gracias

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
First of all:

No General Company sells their rights to distribute and host the Services of a game in the scale of rappelz to common People. You have to have experience, Hardware, a Team working with you with experience and a good reputation/Image in order to get the rights from the devs/owning companies.

I recall an article saying most gaming Portals/Hosters start with obeying to pretty much everything the owner says and get experience. After that they can move to be more independable and ask for more rights and such.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Also a little note: If you get a license for hosting you are NOT ALLOWED to make any changings to the game files, the server files or something else.
Everything you want to change has to be approved by the company which owns the game.
Old   #4

Understood , thank you guys . Both of you but I really thought it's possible to simply buy them
If anyone have more informations , feel free to post

Old   #5

elite*gold: 1
I am pretty sure they will sell the rights to host the game to just about anyone with the money to buy the rights.

I heard and this is just hearsay and rumor that an actual license to operate Rappelz went for about 12 to 15 thousand per year.

Your cash shop would have to pull in a little more than 1 thousand a month to make it worth running.

You would also need a market area that is not being covered by other publishers already.

And like Xijezu mentioned you would have pretty much zero rights to alter the software.
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
I am pretty sure they will sell the rights to host the game to just about anyone with the money to buy the rights.

I heard and this is just hearsay and rumor that an actual license to operate Rappelz went for about 12 to 15 thousand per year.

Your cash shop would have to pull in a little more than 1 thousand a month to make it worth running.

You would also need a market area that is not being covered by other publishers already.

And like Xijezu mentioned you would have pretty much zero rights to alter the software.

15k $ is nothing comparing to what gPotato was making and what Webzen is making right now , they are making shitload of profit then .

Still sounds interesting , I may contact Gala Lab hopefully I will get an answer . for making 1k $ it's sounds fair because on all private server I worked on, we was making double if not triple of that amount .

When you guys say modifying file it means what exactly ? I can't make my own NPC's and stuff ? why can't we .

I mean I've seen Rappelz MiddleEast doing some changes like making HV tradable like one year ago then Rappelz Europe did that till recently and a lot of other things . so I'am not sure what those changes are limited to

Not sure what "market area" is though .
Old   #7

Modifying means you can not change anything.

The developers change what markets ask for. The ME market got trade able HV passes because the developers made them for them. No you can not make your own NPCs.

You are paying for the rights to host the game only. You are paying to become a publisher.

Market area means you will not be able to compete in other market areas that are already being served.

Like the Middle East has a publisher you will not be able to provide services that conflict with that publisher.

Maybe you could become a publisher for South America or Africa. That is what I meant by market area. You need a location that you can provide the game for that is not already taken by another publisher.
Old   #8

You are not allowed to literally change anything.
Wanna up the exp rate? Not without permission of Gala.
Wanna fix a bug? Not without permission of Gala.

When you get a license you get the same rights webzen or w/e has - Getting the files and start the .exe. That's it. That's the only thing you're allowed to do.

So no, it is everything but worth it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #9

elite*gold: 44
I read some invoices from General manager email of gamepower7 to Gala-Lab for 9.1 full patches, tools ,etc.. its 135k $ *But gp7 take earnings from cashu only 7+k$ in In the week

The Gp7 profits from Rappelz from 2010 to 2011(or from 2009 to 2011 I do not remember) its $ 11 million.

i add some docs i take it from gala lab servers in attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Membership_management_eng.doc (48.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: doc -03.Operation_rules_eng.doc (107.5 KB, 34 views)
Old   #10

@Xijezu **** those restrictions are ****** , not even fixing a bug Xijezu ? what are you supposed to do ? let the bug and watch your self losing players and money ?

@thndr then I guess I have no problem on that matter because I live in North Africa (Algeria) but GamePower 7 = MiddleEast as far as I know or it's for all arabs in general also there is a lot of players from Algeria , Tunisia & Morroco on it , so I'am not that sure .

@Ghost Informatics , Interesting. I just upgraded to Windows 10 with a clean install so I don't have anything on my PC . I will read the documents once I install word ty
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BlackCat. View Post
@Xijezu **** those restrictions are ****** , not even fixing a bug Xijezu ? what are you supposed to do ? let the bug and watch your self losing players and money ?
Exactly.

I've been playing Aion for a while, hosted by Gameforge (EU) but owned by NCSoft.
Everytime there's a bug or anything you'll hear "we're already working on it with the guys from korea" or "we have to wait for korea to fix this".

If you own the license, you are basically only allowed to start and stop the server. Everything else is not permitted.

Wanna hear a fun story?
A few years ago, I think 2011 or 2012, Rappelz US had a ... "bug" in their Patchserver. They forgot to change the console password so it still was "genius". I was able to get access to that thanks to this and literally shut down their patch server (patch.working = 0 or something like this) so they weren't able to connect.
Their announcement was: "We're in contact with korea, stay patient please."
You can't even do such a small thing.
Old   #12

And you can't create cloak with an animal on it too
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
And you can't create cloak with an animal on it too
RIP bunny cloaks D=

I guess the only possible market would be RU, Australia, South America or Africa. But Im not sure if the business plan would lack some zeros for them to acknowledge someone as hoster/publisher.

Still one question remains: Why would someone (OP) try to get the rights to publish Rappelz? I mean if someone would get an official legacy server up with 6.2/5.2/4.2/3.X I guess that would be something which could attract old and new players.
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintynice View Post
Still one question remains: Why would someone (OP) try to get the rights to publish Rappelz? I mean if someone would get an official legacy server up with 6.2/5.2/4.2/3.X I guess that would be something which could attract old and new players.
There'd be 2 reasons:
  1. Staying up2date - Making tons of cash for having the most up2date "private server" out there.
  2. Getting access to the source code and/or getting support from Gala for modifications like adding new maps or something like this.
I'd do this if I could get the source - but you wont since you only get a license for HOSTING, not developing.
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Wanna hear a fun story?
A few years ago, I think 2011 or 2012, Rappelz US had a ... "bug" in their Patchserver. They forgot to change the console password so it still was "genius". I was able to get access to that thanks to this and literally shut down their patch server (patch.working = 0 or something like this) so they weren't able to connect.
Their announcement was: "We're in contact with korea, stay patient please."
You can't even do such a small thing.
Ha ha...That's "genius" (pun intended).

Thanks
1 User