Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Local Server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Local Server

Hi I'm wondering how can I open a private server without SQL data base
my objective is to open a private server where I can play on It alone only from my PC or using LAN .
Anyone knows how ?

Old   #2

elite*gold: 1
The game servers are SQL servers.

You need SQL installed on the computer running the server.

You can install SQL on anything running Windows 7 64 bit, For a LAN server it should have at least a dual core processor, and at least 4 GB of ram.

I recommend a quad core, and 8 GB of ram.

I run the servers on a quad core 8GB laptop just for LAN usage and it runs just fine, yet I do have to run MSSQL on the laptop.

You can do this on some other database manager, but you do need to run a database manager and in order to do it on something other than MSSQL which it is set up for you would need to migrate the database back up media over to the other manager.

Probably also would need to do some other things in the game server and auth server executable files.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
You still have very low specs, I currently run my GS on a virtual machine with XP x64, 512 MB of RAM. Using virtual machine, I also see that windows xp is far faster than windows 7 (and 8)

I have a sql server on a 1GB windows 8 machine x86 (also in a VM) (which could have less maybe, as it does not lag at all even with ms sql management studio open)

Of course these specs are for local server which I am the only one to use. (As you can expect the windows xp is swapping a bit at start, but that does not cause lags ingame, the GS use 2GB of memory at once at start but does not seems to use it with a small amount of players, so that unused memory stay in swap file)

The GS also run using 256MB of ram (but even the screensaver will swap xD, ingame it does not cause lag, a bit sometimes when using a teleporter) (also, I was only running a fresh install of windows xp x64 + the GS, not the auth, but the auth should not use more than 8MB of ram at most)

I think windows xp x64 with 4GB of ram can run both sql and GS without swapping (if you just run that, not the client) (but maybe sql server 2012 does not support windows xp ...)