Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Patch server source (not tested)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Patch server source (not tested)

hello folks.. well, i've coded this simple patch server, its not tested on a host yet and im releasing source since no one's willing to help me testing it, hopefully any other programmer who's got a host for testing would finish it (if it has bugs) and make sure to keep some credits :P

I tested it on my pc, all works, but as i said, didnt test it publicly.

how does it work?
well, launcher (client) connects to the server on X IP and Y port (tcp), launcher sends "Connected,z" (z = version of launcher) , server receives message, opens the patches folder (which u place patches inside, must be files not a .rar (e.g. resource files) folders must be named in numbers, the number of the version, and also, the launcher's version is no longer x.x.x.x , its just a number) so, as i said, patch server gets all folders in main patch folder, and if the name of each is bigger than the version sent by launcher, it sends the files,hashes,download links in a message back to launcher.
you must edit the "message" to be sent back to launcher, edit the download link (ftp recommended) to fit ur method.

server source :
client example (must be included in launchers) :

P.S : there are some unimportant stuff in client source, ignore them, and also, if any programmer got the ability to test it and improve it, i can help.
im mostly on at my skype vand.ralaus

have fun!

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

client side is missing u reposted the same link 2 times nice release tho

might want to look into this error tho
A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
seems as tho it cant bind to any port i enter and i know its not used gives different error if its a port being used

Old   #3

oh my bad xD stupid mediafire buggy button, ill update link, and im not sure about that error, usually waiting a bit or changing to a high un-used port solves it