Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[WIP]NaviQuest v2

Discussion on [WIP]NaviQuest v2 within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
[WIP]NaviQuest v2

Introducing

NaviQuest v2

Awhile back due to over-whelming requests via EPVP and on my personal skype I decided to start working on a fully fledged quest-editor. It has been some time since that initial post I made in the Help Thread regarding NaviQuest v2 and so I thought I would give everyone a little taste of what NaviQuest v2 will be bringing to the table and also give everyone a chance to weigh in on things they might like to see in NaviQuest v2.

So let's keep it short and sweet almost all the info you need can be found in the Alpha 3 preview below:

(sorry for lower quality but was in a rush)

But just in-case you missed it:

Thanks
8 Users
Old 10/21/2013, 20:32   #2

F-in nice !! that didnt take you all that long .....
Old 10/22/2013, 02:20   #3

Nice job Smoke It's seem you have changed a bit is not a very hard application but is great

Try to find more document about the MVC pattern and your code will be more easy editable for people who want to help you and for you in the future ^^
Old 10/22/2013, 02:55   #4

Thanks, just trying to make things easier for people.

Weirdly enough without having ever even heard of MVC it was the direction I was really going for with the NaviQuest code. As further builds come out I will be aiming to further modularize the code and really divi up the form, functions and user interactions.

If anyone has any idea's or thoughts on NaviQuests current/future features/direction please leave a comment here or contact me via pm/email

p.s. @ Gr4ph0s:

Regarding MVC I am reading this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E...0%93controller

I will be looking more into the concept to refine my own technique, got any good links for info you wanna share?
Old 10/22/2013, 03:41   #5

MVC is a pattern who is a little bit hard to setup and to understand but after when you understand it you code is very modular and if you want to edit/add a thing you can make it in less than 2sec ^^.

Old 10/22/2013, 15:23   #6

I think I understand the basic concept of MVC:

You have three parts:

- Form (Waits for Function output)
- User Input (Accepts user info on form and passes to functions)
- Functions (Accepts User Input, processes and send output to the Form)

While I may not have a professional grade MVC pattern in place, I do have a very similar method going. So I don't think it will be a stretch to implement the pattern.
Old 10/22/2013, 15:42   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post

- Form (Waits for Function output) (The View)
- User Input (Accepts user info on form and passes to functions and update view) (The Controller)
- Functions (Accepts ONLY CONTROLER INPUT, processes and send output to the Controller) (The Model)
View do USER => CONTROLER => USER
Controller do getMessageFromView => Check what we want to do => Use the right function in MODEL => getModelReturn => UpdateView
Model => Just the function
Old 10/23/2013, 01:38   #8

When you use winforms with visual studio (toolbox), you already use MVC. Visual studio separates the model, view and controller for you.

I didn't take alook to your app, but if you already use VS and place forms using toolbox then the only thing you can do to improve your code is to write it in full OOP (so no calling to a function but instead instanciating an object and calling a method). But I'm not sure this is really efficient in a small project like this.
Old 10/27/2013, 02:41   #9

Updates

Ok I have made some progress with the project since this thread was first posted and I've come to deliver some updates and screenshots for those who are interested.

I've cleaned up a lot of the core functions again in this build (v2.0.4.11) I've been focusing on inter-function communication to relay detailed information throughout the program making it easier for me to issue log messages during program actions.

The Log menu will prove very useful when problems are encountered in the program and will hopefully cut down on disorganized "WHY NO WORK MENZ" posts.

The settings menu tab has been done away with and several log message triggers added, speaking of the Log Menu the ability to save and clear the log menu has been added.

On a final note, the primary layout for all the tabs has been established, please feel free to weigh in with your opinions!

Screenshots:

Finalized alpha layout for Objectives Menu (Functionality in-progress)

Finalized alpha layout for Rewards Menu

Log Menu 1

Log Menu 2

Log Menu 3

I know it's taking awhile just hang in there, I have a wikia to write up and a life to live at the same time. (2 year old son keeps me busy a lot ) I hope you're all excited about the NaviQuest v2 beta coming in the next month or so.

I plan to release the first beta around version 2.0.6.5

So if you want your idea heard before then make sure to say something.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/27/2013, 10:17   #10

Keep going drow, iam really proud of you.

-D
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2014, 01:55   #11

Just to tag on at the end of this thread, I have taken over the development of NaviQuest (now on version 3). Any questions or suggestions can be freely directed at me as iSmokeDrow is deeply involved in another project (The end-all of GM tools as you know it).
Old 07/14/2014, 23:50   #12

You are a man of impressive work!
Please up download link
Old 09/16/2014, 06:17   #13

Cool tools for creating quests
Can you put the download link please?
Old 09/16/2014, 13:23   #14

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sensi View Post
Cool tools for creating quests
Can you put the download link please?
Check the spoiler in his signature in the first post.

Old 09/16/2014, 18:50   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Check the spoiler in his signature in the first post.

Check yourself, there is no download: /
Google closed the option.