Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:48

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Tragic future for rappelz ?

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 259
Received Thanks: 19
Question Tragic future for rappelz ?

Hello,

Long time I am not coming in this forum, I come here for speaking to the future of Rappelz...

The private servers Rappelz died and the official Rappelz too some combination of server in English and french server, the official Rappelz is soon dying I think 1 years and Gpotato-Webzen close the all server Rappelz same sevencore.

So what's the future of Rappelz ?

I think it's a nice question. The all communauty of rappelz can post a new reply.



darckistyle is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 2
Yes its good questions and i would thank you for posting this

I Think that the main and maybe the only reason of being servers lame and few months later dead is Gala net.
Most Admins or teams who create dedicated servers give up once Gala shut it down, Well i don't know if this is possible or not but, why don't they set it up again ?
I mean taking a rollback every week may protect the data and its easy to set up an other server with the same databases.

The future of Rappelz is that we will keep making private servers and keep having fun even few months of creating our server, and Gala will keep killing our talents and players and also they will keep making boring and weird updates for official rappelz.

Thanks for this question i would know what people think about it also.


Nada92 is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 36
Received Thanks: 1
once gala net is dead it just means the private servers will get a larger player base bad news for gala net good news for private servers the only question is who can make a server that everyone wants to play on who can level rappelz beyond what it has become
kodiaktommy616 is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
Received Thanks: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada92 View Post
Most Admins or teams who create dedicated servers give up once Gala shut it down,
Hum what server?
All the people who say Gala shut down her server is false... really false GALA DO NOTHING again the private server... But it's most easy to say Gala shut down and all naab will say hoooo is not a problem good luck than to assume the real reason of the end of the private server and listen all naab say WHYYY You are SO GOOOD...


gr4ph0s is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 77
Received Thanks: 12
Epic 8.3 on the move and the next epic is on its way too.

Galanet and other publishers may do not be the best for the game but honestly those "Rappelz will die" things were up since epic 4 came around. Rappelz is still getting them loads of money so i doubt they will shut it down.

Most private servers shut down since there are no people playing it as well as publishers and devs who do not know what to do with problems or how to fix them.
nintynice is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 277
Received Thanks: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
Hum what server?
All the people who say Gala shut down her server is false... really false GALA DO NOTHING again the private server... But it's most easy to say Gala shut down and all naab will say hoooo is not a problem good luck than to assume the real reason of the end of the private server and listen all naab say WHYYY You are SO GOOOD...
DarknessFight and Hyperion were cited as being given 'cease to exist' notices from gala lawyers, or so it seems, I'm sure of this because they had no other reason to close, they were well populated and hurting official in their day.
merryploughbhoy is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
Received Thanks: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryploughbhoy View Post
DarknessFight and Hyperion were cited as being given 'cease to exist' notices from gala lawyers, or so it seems.
DF closed because Xijezu don't want to work on rappelz anymore...
Hyperion closed because the server ask too much money and the root can't pay it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryploughbhoy View Post
I'm sure of this because they had no other reason to close, they were well populated and hurting official in their day.
As I say is easier to say Gala close my server than say I don't want to do it anymore...
Moreover what give you the popularity on internet?

Just look when the DF are DDOS the number of post spam who say "WHY??? DO A THING PLLLZZZZ" or "PLLZZZ come back"..


For exemple if Gpotato (the editor of rappelz in some country), just say I don't want to work on rappelz so I close it because I just don't love it anymore.
People will cry for long time...
But if he say rappelz don't won enought money I closed rappelz...
People will cry 1 months and after they will say, ok it's normal they can handle a server without money it's sad...
gr4ph0s is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23
Received Thanks: 6
1 - Rappelz won't die before they release the 3 new races
2 - Private servers die because of the teams that made them
3 - Gala Net and Gpotato don't do anything against private server (I made a private server with virtual players once and reported it to Gpotato US and FR never had any problem I closed it 6 months later since I saw there was no reaction)
4 - DDOS attacks are only possible if we didn't secure our server and didn't take a real server host (loads of teams lease servers from nofficial things and in final they aren't dedicated servers but shared servers, and since one of them got attacked all of the structure is hurt)
5 - The far future day where Rapplz will close, will be the day where P-servers will have the more success, take as exemple DO online (martial heroes)
dkamel is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 16
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 373
Received Thanks: 70
would be great if any time starts a really good pserver, atm there is no 1
xxSleiderxx is online now  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23
Received Thanks: 6
A really good server is BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE a really good team.

Unfortunatly almost teams sucks because of one or both of the following reasons :
- They open server for their own fun
- They open server for making money

So 1 : There is no professional team doing things just for the pleasure of giving fun without asking/waiting for return (of any type).

Then 2 : We have the "devs". Today anyone following the tutoril "how to make a pserv" claims he is a dev and leads the whole team to disaster.

Go to 3 : since the low level teamates (gm, mod, anim,...) are rarely well chosen, they often screw up everything (cheating, acting wierd with players, down the server while testing gm commands,...).

And 4 : a team should :
- be well organised (herarchy, methods, tools,...)
- cover as many timezones as possible, and handle few languages
- ...

Enough talking about team. There is a need of a real dedicated server, with anti-ddos offer inclued, hosted by a legal company.

But there is something we should to forget, the rappelz community orths less and less that we work for heir pleasure.
dkamel is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
Received Thanks: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamel View Post
So 1 : There is no professional team doing things just for the pleasure of giving fun without asking/waiting for return (of any type).

Then 2 : We have the "devs". Today anyone following the tutoril "how to make a pserv" claims he is a dev and leads the whole team to disaster.

Go to 3 : since the low level teamates (gm, mod, anim,...) are rarely well chosen, they often screw up everything (cheating, acting wierd with players, down the server while testing gm commands,...).

And 4 : a team should :
- be well organised (herarchy, methods, tools,...)
- cover as many timezones as possible, and handle few languages
- ...

1) Equation ask nothing...
2) lol? Equation again... xD
3) Equation fire his admin because he avantage some peoples...
4) Equation support answerd in less than 1day...

BUT WE Are only french !! :3
gr4ph0s is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23
Received Thanks: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
1) Equation ask nothing...
2) lol? Equation again... xD
3) Equation fire his admin because he avantage some peoples...
4) Equation support answerd in less than 1day...

BUT WE Are only french !! :3
Equation is one server, It can't handle a whole community.
dkamel is offline  
Old   #13


 
elite*gold: 30
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,795
Received Thanks: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ph0s View Post
DF closed because Xijezu don't want to work on rappelz anymore...
Sorry to disappoint you again, but you're wrong. You keep saying this and I keep proving you wrong, but well, here again:
DF got closed by Gala, believe it or not.
You actually should remember that we got an offer for a new host when the DDoS attacks began. We were able to host there for free, that's also the reason why we haven't had a CS at the end.
Due to the change to the new host (which actually was in a different country) and our popularity (1k Players at weekends, more than retail had at that time [basing on DE]) we were an easy target. They saw the opportunity and they took it.
They won.

Edit:
>because Xijezu don't want to work on rappelz anymore.
Back in the time where DF was still up, I had fun working with it. Since the shutdown I'm not interested in it, because I don't see any reason for me to do anything. Except for a Mapreader & Modeleditor (not sure if it's finished yet) you've got everything you need, and that's something I keep being too lazy for doing that. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintynice View Post
Most private servers shut down since there are no people playing it as well as publishers and devs who do not know what to do with problems or how to fix them.
When retail finally gets closed, a huge amount of new player & server will rise.
There are still people out which are playing on retail, but if it doesn't exist anymore, people are looking for something similar. They will find the PServer scene, they will join.
If you've got a server, prepare for this day. If you are prepared enough, you'll be able to make huge success.
Xijezu is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Received Thanks: 60
Just saying Rappelz official servers will take a while to shutdown because they're actually not able to shutdown until they have less than 100 players online daily...

Although Rappelz Official can just STOP by just stopping Updates and leaving the game the same and pretty much just paying for it to be hosted until it dies...

Also... Rappelz.gpotato recently was bought... So I highly doubt it will close anytime soon.
Rappelz-Zesua is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Received Thanks: 2
The future is very unknown, making it sound like there is an official statement is not right. Rappelz has been around for a long time, survived over a very critical financial situation by its distributors and such.

However, there still a development going on from their official developers. Which means players should get an updates as their final attempt to revive Rappelz and up-scale it to live up to their player's expectations.

By assuming Official Rappelz closed, well, it's the market for P-server. We already have few successful p-servers. Aside from their problems or restrictions such as language or specific race. But they have been around for a long time with a good dev team to add features once they come in the future. So you can almost get an identical experience when it comes to items/gears/pets and such, furthermore you will get the costume items and pets developers added. So after all it's depends on the player-base and how good is the development team for that p-server.

My personal experience, most of the private servers I've played were just amazing. ALOT of fun that I've never had on official, with limitless resources and active players from all over the world. And such fun will was never an option on the official.

Our only hope as players if the game died is to keep playing it on p-servers to have fun, and at some point it should be part of our past. Developers can't stay enhancing an ancient game just to keep their players, they also want to have fun while they are working. To me working on a game as a developer will prevent them from having fun while they play it, so keep that in mind


KTS Newbie is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
WoW: A Tragic Romance
Weis nicht obs schonmal hier war ... WoW: A Tragic Romance
3 Replies - WoW Main - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.