Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Create new Skill

Discussion on Create new Skill within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Create new Skill

Could somebody explain me how i could create a new skill ?
Old 10/11/2013, 14:34   #2

Received Thanks: 2,458

Forewarning: Creating skills is not a "beginner" task and can require very heavy adjustment and thorough knowledge of how skills work!

The following db/rdb are involved in the process:

SkillJPResource
SkillResource
SkillStage
SkillTreeDisplay (players only)
SkillTreeResource (players + pets) [Pets dont have an actual "SKILL TREE" to be displayed

(For all beginners I recommend making duplicates of skills that already exist)

WARNING!!!

The skill_id can not exceed 5 digits (E.g. 10000) if it does the quest will show but will not function, I have tested this several times.

Creating a new skill correctly WILL require a RDB to save every db mentioned above else you mind as-well quit now.

1. Open dbo.SkillResource and find the entry you want to duplicate
2. Copy that entry and paste it changing the id to an id who doesn't exist e,g, 50122 to 51122
3. Open dbo.SkillJPResource and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
4. Open dbo.SkillStage and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
5. Open dbo.SkillTreeResource and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
6. SkillTreeDisplay (this is really ONLY to assign existing skills to player skill trees)
7. Edit the duplicate skill entries across the tables to your liking
8. Use any RDB Tool capable of saving all a-fore mentioned rdb's to your clients epic
9. Hash in updated resources
10. Restart client + Server
11. If you did all right you have a newly working skill
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/11/2013, 14:36   #3

well i can help in two things
1/ use the help thread
2/ try to focus on the columns in skills tables
Old 10/11/2013, 20:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post

Forewarning: Creating skills is not a "beginner" task and can require very heavy adjustment and thorough knowledge of how skills work!

The following db/rdb are involved in the process:

SkillJPResource
SkillResource
SkillStage
SkillTreeDisplay (players only)
SkillTreeResource (players + pets) [Pets dont have an actual "SKILL TREE" to be displayed

(For all beginners I recommend making duplicates of skills that already exist)

WARNING!!!

The skill_id can not exceed 5 digits (E.g. 10000) if it does the quest will show but will not function, I have tested this several times.

Creating a new skill correctly WILL require a RDB to save every db mentioned above else you mind as-well quit now.

1. Open dbo.SkillResource and find the entry you want to duplicate
2. Copy that entry and paste it changing the id to an id who doesn't exist e,g, 50122 to 51122
3. Open dbo.SkillJPResource and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
4. Open dbo.SkillStage and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
5. Open dbo.SkillTreeResource and duplicate the original id's entry changing the id to the duplicated skill id
6. SkillTreeDisplay (this is really ONLY to assign existing skills to player skill trees)
7. Edit the duplicate skill entries across the tables to your liking
8. Use any RDB Tool capable of saving all a-fore mentioned rdb's to your clients epic
9. Hash in updated resources
10. Restart client + Server
11. If you did all right you have a newly working skill

Thx, it works
Closed Thread