Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE+SOURCE] C# QPF Editor

Discussion on [RELEASE+SOURCE] C# QPF Editor within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
[RELEASE+SOURCE] C# QPF Editor

p.s. Sorry for crazy theme, I use Windows High Contrast Theme

I would like to release a simple tool to any developer who care's to use it, this tool is simply known as "QPF Editor V1"

It can Load/Modify and Save QPF Files (Tested from e5.2-8.2)

To start everything off just open QPF Editor V1 and press load, located the qpf you wish to view/modify and double click him. If you wish to add a new prop entry scroll to the very bottom and type in your row, then press enter (now the new entry has been added to the list) now just press save.

Note: He already knows the coordinate math, so he expected the X/Y of any new prop entries to be the in-game X/Y NOT qpf X/Y

Again it is a very simple tool and only has some simple error handling, if you find something I might have missed feel free to let me know.

Thanks to c1ph3r and Glandu2 for their assistance in the creation of the QPF Editor

WARNING a small bug was located in the coord math, if you have downloaded the exe/source before noticing this RED TEXT download him again!

The EXE and SOURCE are provided as attachments to this post.

If you do not trust this file is clean, do not use him.

For all else, enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: rar qpfEditor.rar (9.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: rar qpfEditorSOURCE.rar (69.0 KB, 278 views)
Thanks
17 Users
Old 08/10/2013, 22:43   #2

Next step is to make a tool where you can draw on the map and who create the file because it's hard to manage number without graphic...
Old 08/10/2013, 22:58   #3

elite*gold: 182
You can truncate the decimals on the x y and z since the rappelz coordinate system doesnt use decimals
Old 08/10/2013, 23:28   #4

Indeed, I don't think map files has ever changed, so it should not require changes every epics as for RDB files.

So do you have already tried to add a fieldprop in the game ?

And now, the tool you want Gr4ph0s : D
Thanks
7 Users
Old 08/11/2013, 00:29   #5

nice job guys
Old 08/11/2013, 00:29   #6

Thanks for useful release
Old 08/11/2013, 00:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
Indeed, I don't think map files has ever changed, so it should not require changes every epics as for RDB files.

this tool made from you glandu2 ?? it takes attention.
Old 08/11/2013, 01:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modamer9 View Post
this tool made from you glandu2 ?? it takes attention.
lol was gonna ask the same question
Old 08/11/2013, 01:19   #9

just waiting for Rappelz Game Maker :P
Old 08/11/2013, 01:31   #10

Received Thanks: 2,458
Quote:
I was away awhile after finishing him, I found a bug and corrected him and now I believe QPF Editor is working!

I really hope you release a 3d map editor, that would be very boss.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/11/2013, 02:18   #11

Very Good Job.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2013, 13:03   #12

Quote:
Hahaha render in UDK as I see your friend has worked on the client ^^. Now the only limit... GG x'). I'm sorry i don't have many time (it's for that i'm not often on skype)
Old 08/11/2013, 13:18   #13

looking good for me

Old 08/11/2013, 13:22   #14

What friend ? : o (**** that smiley icons : o is not è_é)

In fact that was just a joke huh, that is indeed UT2004 UnrealEd but I just modified the screen with one I made IG (The place where I took this screenshot is on a montain that was accessible on retail a while ago at least)

But well, it's the goal of what we should/would have to add content to rappelz ^^ But this would need at least to read/write model files correctly, and I am working on that.

If indeed I do a map editor like UnreadEd (with far less feature, for those who don't know Unreal Engine, it's a commercial feature-complete game engine.) i would use something like Ogre or blender + BTRF reader + terrain reader. That should help with 3d things. And add fieldprop and a property panel. But having a map editor like that will require many files to be there ... (if not the complete game). At least, I can reuse what I have done for BTRF & RDB (BTRF still need some work though)

Using the real UnreadEd to import rappelz's map is not possible as Unreal's maps contain more than just vertices and polygon, it contains also BSP tree, light information, path (for bots), and probably far more. These does not exist in rappelz, and the map format of Unreal is not known it seems (because UnrealEd is complete enough and there is no need to create something that deals with unreal maps)

So maybe one day we will have that program which is far more than just a tool (but for now, work has to be done to get this rappelz level editor)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2013, 19:18   #15

Hahaha because sometime ago you speak about your friend in Gaming school who try to make a client in udk .

But yes I agree for use ogre or blender or maybe unity who is very easy to use. But the problem with unity if you make it in C++ you need to make a DLL for use it as a plugin in unity. Blender use python if i'm right? It can be good but maybe slow?

But is a very big project x')