Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE+SOURCE] C# QPF Editor

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,412
As far as the tree's go they are in a simple .SPT (SpeedTree) plugin, oddly enough UDK can use a SpeedTree plugin (you can load spt models directly into him) the DDS for the bark/leaves are also in the client. (Pretty sure)

As to light I'm pretty sure the Rappelz NFM contains references to lighting as-well, but I can't verify this.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #17

Yes, today I loaded a 3d object with many vertex for blender (read 100k) and it was somewhat laggy. But my PC isn't very fast too (but UT2004 run fine)

So blender will be just for modeling nx3 files. I will try to make an export plugin using python and using my program as a DLL (yes I love DLL : D)

Ogre would be the right solution to manage rappelz files without so much need for conversion. Language binding is Ok but rather annoying ... (and I never written anything in python before that ...)

Unity would need conversion as it's a game engine like UDK ? At least, UDK use it's very own format and you have to use UnrealEd to make maps and levels. With Ogre we can use the rappelz format directly (and we can even read directly from data.00x files). In fact, it's either a job of creating an rappelz engine over Ogre, or managing conversion and interfacing with another game engine, and as far as I know, both are a non trivial task (blender can be used as a small level editor, but well, python knowledge is rather needed ... and it's not like a C based language)

Anyway, from now, every thing (tools) that can be needed in another program are much better implemented as a DLL or a modular thing like that. I have already RDB, BTRF (I can write a BTRF file now, I just need to implement the python part and the DLL binding) and reading/writing/adding files to data.00x as DLLs, so that will be easier than rewriting all that code for every new project that use the same feature.

But if I make a map editor with 3d models, I plan also to use the code for a more evolved client that just the chat part ^^

But yes, that's a very very big project and if by the end of the month I have a working blender => BTRF exporter and a RDB editor supporting LUA, that would be great.

PS: for the friend that use UDK, I think you think about someone else as I am not in a gaming school nor I know someone that make a client in UDK ^^ (and in skype, I didn't found something talking about that ^^) But I already made a small chat-only + movement & skill commands client. But it need some work to support the new auth system (and I was also able to crash the retail server xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
As far as the tree's go they are in a simple .SPT (SpeedTree) plugin, oddly enough UDK can use a SpeedTree plugin (you can load spt models directly into him) the DDS for the bark/leaves are also in the client. (Pretty sure)

As to light I'm pretty sure the Rappelz NFM contains references to lighting as-well, but I can't verify this.
speedtree is just for generating trees in a way that they look realistics, BSP is for binary space partitioning, it's used to optimize the rendering time of static meshes and for collision purpose. These things are implemented specifically for Unreal, and trying to convert a rappelz map to a Unreal map may be more difficult than just creating a map editor (as Unreal's format is not documented at all, maybe less than what we know now about rappelz's files)

Old   #18

nice editor