Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[TAKE IT]PVP Arena Multileveling Bugfix

Discussion on [TAKE IT]PVP Arena Multileveling Bugfix within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 30
[TAKE IT]PVP Arena Multileveling Bugfix

never
leech
again
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/05/2013, 17:33   #2

elite*gold: 0
is that possible on pvp only?
Old 07/05/2013, 17:48   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster1200 View Post
is that possible on pvp only?
its possible on every pvp server with standard pvp arena
i dont really sure this bug works on pve servers
Old 07/08/2013, 12:44   #4

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
Hey.

From what should I start...

Some people who dont even know about this bug, just dont give a CARE about it while players didnt find it, another people either just closes their servers in panic or disable PVP Arena from game at all (like Steel PVP & Block Production, sorry guys for bad things i told about you but it made me rly laughing )

About bug...
2 characters (damager and multiplier with good count of immoral points, what is important) goes outside PVP arena for a while (whle turning on PK )
Multiplier gets sweet smacks from damager to get very low HP count, then final smack gets multiplier dying slowly (fireball or whatever). Multiplier has enough time to walk inside arena area and die there.
Guess what then Multiplier dies and DONT LOSE EXP. But when he wake up with GMFB, he GETS EXP.
Let's return to history: bug was fixed by officials AFTER releasing of 8.1 files on EPVP. Some players even used this bug on officials to levelup more than to max level (it's possible on most private servers even now) So everyone who uses leeched files (dont except me ) have to fix this bug or DIE

Okay, lets take a solution.
First, we must change the most useful character dying handle script - on_player_dead.lua
We must check if character has died inside PVP Arena.
I made it some noob way, just by coordinates
So thats it
Code:
function dead_on_arena()
           if (gv("x")>117750 and gv("x")<121050 and gv("y")>52950 and gv("y")<55950) 
	or (gv("x")>150320 and gv("x")<153213 and gv("y")>71780 and gv("y")<75266) 
	or (gv("x")>119200 and gv("x")<121250 and gv("y")>139620 and gv("y")<142300) 
	or (gv("x")>125720 and gv("x")<130000 and gv("y")>108000 and gv("y")<113000) 

then
		return true
	else
		return false
	end
end
Okay, it returns boolean represents if character diead inside arena area (but near too)
What we need to do then - make character losing EXP anyway, if character dies on arena (answering question "but if character dies really in PVP?" - he dont lose exp then).
We need to put inside on_player_dead function:
Code:
if dead_on_arena() == true then
    sv("exp",gv("exp") - lost_exp)
end
WARNING!
My way of checking arena area has problem - if character dies NEAR the arena, he will lose EXP TWICE but it will return ONCE! So if you can do it another way, do it. Another way, make your players paying attention dying near the PVP arena.

Sorry to some guys who dont appreciate what i done now. I dont really need you to trust me. I leave Rappelz.

Good luck for your projects guys. Even if Rappelz FS will never change...
Only a question because i never checked it...what will happen if you die normally in the battle arena? If the GS will fill the lost_exp variable you will lose exp everytime you die in the battle area.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/08/2013, 15:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Only a question because i never checked it...what will happen if you die normally in the battle arena? If the GS will fill the lost_exp variable you will lose exp everytime you die in the battle area.
i would not release it if i didnt test it=)
if you die normally in PVP arena (its not battle arena, means arena near towns), your lost_exp (argument in function on_player_dead() ) will set to 0 and you won't lose exp, so there is nothing to lose when died and nothing to return when wake up.
Old 07/08/2013, 15:24   #6

what about changing the location type .... easy and simple ...
Old 07/08/2013, 15:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuperKiller View Post
what about changing the location type .... easy and simple ...
and to disable PVP arena from game at all
someone needs to have a PVP arena especially for PVP tournaments/events etc
Thanks
1 User