Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help].cob

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help].cob

Hello. Help me please open format .cob

Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
Received Thanks: 3,179
Currently there's no public tool to open those.

Old   #3

cobs files are part of the refrence files for models if you want to open those you would need to write a plug in for something like maya or Autodesk 3ds Max something like that it shouldnt be to hard if you find someone who could do it i mean having discussed this with others back in the day it seems pretty straightforward but if one was so inclined to build plugins for that say... i wanted to make my own maps,monsters,pets,etc theres a lot of extra information you would have to build as well cobs are packed and contain extensive information on Bone Models, coordinates,animated movement not to mention correctly making new tables for it while im not trying to detour you if this is your goal then i wish you success just realise the work needed in the undertaking.
but rappelz while completed is always growing every few yrs and in need of goal driven individuals
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

most of COB editors or viewers are made by TrueSpace standard. COB files in Rappelz are not TrueSpace objects.
idk about 1 proggie that also can edit COB - i know its name (Inquire Design) but i didnt find any version of this program - deleted or fake/dead links almost everywhere. Maybe this (or any else) program used to make "another" COBs that could be used in Rappelz. but i think no one found or "invent" it by himself... yet

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

cobs in rappelz are a custom formatting all there own same as all the mapfiles are nflavor standard
well like i mentioned i was talking to pyrok and Xijezu
when i mentioned it a yr ago its highly possable if inclined and had the knowledge to decode and recode you could actly always ask capt herlock if hes still around he knows most of the file layouts
as he and pyrok had quite a few conversations on that and at one point a map dumper was being built but never completed with the leak of 7.3 offical
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
cobs in rappelz are a custom formatting all there own same as all the mapfiles are nflavor standard
that could be too=)
but we dont know yet.
there was no editors for something like RDB but now it is.
btw there is too much files in rappelz client that could be read with many kinds of public tools - dds, tga etc. and i think if they use DDS images as objects textures - tool that made NOT by nflavor... hmm... lets think that it may be=) just hope or what.
anyway we just must keep working and trying=)
Rappelz needs new things.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

dds is a common file formate for mmorgs true but the reason the others are more complex and of custom design is tyo keep people from hacking back in early e3 everything changed when it was mostly client based now its server based with encrypted files and encrypted packets the reason the dds files and jpeg and etc are not encrypted when dumped is because theres simply no logical way to do this with out affecting rezz quality and speed so they packed them in the client sort of like a zipfile and as there needed there unzipped and rendered
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Received Thanks: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
that could be too=)
but we dont know yet.
We know it. Simply HEX theese files and take a look in them. There is an struct, but the main problem is the relationship to the nx3 files.

there was no editors for something like RDB but now it is.
rdb's are nothing compared to the model and mapfile's.

btw there is too much files in rappelz client that could be read with many kinds of public tools - dds, tga etc. and i think if they use DDS images as objects textures - tool that made NOT by nflavor... hmm... lets think that it may be=) just hope or what.

Editing the DDS/TGA Files is the easiest iv'e ever done while i was working with the rappelz **** in the 2 Year's.

anyway we just must keep working and trying=)

Let me correct this Sentence *cough* anyway we just must keep leeching and trying the real DEV's

Rappelz needs new things.

Rappelz need a completely new concept.
^
Old   #9

Troll *** ^ sorry for i have no faith for you, dont punish me. ill stand on right way right now
Old   #10

some thread talk about these files, i just figured out how data is saved for some cob/nx3/... files, but it seems that these files are in fact using the older format ...

Both files formats use the structure defined in *.tml files, that should help you to find out the data structure used in cob/nx3/... files.

And as it's just about 3D models, there is nothing in the server, you can find some information in the client, but I don't know if there is any .pdb file to help you digging in sframe

I think I already released a tool here that output the structure in txt format, but it does just that, and i don't have any sources about that anymore, no more time to find how it's structured :/.
Old   #11

if i rember correctly this is the layout basicly i mean theres alot more to it but this is the jist You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

elite*gold: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
most of COB editors or viewers are made by TrueSpace standard. COB files in Rappelz are not TrueSpace objects.
idk about 1 proggie that also can edit COB - i know its name (Inquire Design) but i didnt find any version of this program - deleted or fake/dead links almost everywhere. Maybe this (or any else) program used to make "another" COBs that could be used in Rappelz. but i think no one found or "invent" it by himself... yet
I have this Programm (Inquire Design) and this programm are not open the cob files, sorry