Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[PROJECT] Rappelz Server Emulator need C# DEV

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[PROJECT] Rappelz Server Emulator need C# DEV

Hello,

I'm here to recruit REAL developers in C# to continue Rappelz Emulator Project, the project was start by Pyrok.
I don't need other dev like lua or sql.

What I have :
- auth emu server with sources
- game emu server with sources
- a tool which capture and decrypt tcp data with sources

The tool decrypt :
- client to auth
- client to game
- auth to client
- game to client

At this time, auth emu is 100%, game server is maybe 30 or 35% of 7.3 official function but the main function already works.

It supports 7.3 database structure currently but need to be extend to support 8.1, same for 8.1 client and the new functions.

So there is a lot's of work to do and it's too much work for me.

If some people here are interesting in this project let me know by PM.
If enough people (i repeat but only real dev) are interested in, i will build a private forum to work and share files.

The goal of the project : opensource release when finished

I can post some screenies and code snippet for those who don't believe but this thread is only to know who is interesting in.

And sorry for bad English ....

Old   #2

Call me crazy but what's the purpose of an emulator when there are full 7.3 and 7.4 server files?

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinSHowdown View Post
Call me crazy but what's the purpose of an emulator when there are full 7.3 and 7.4 server files?
errrrr.....

It supports 7.3 database structure currently but need to be extend to support 8.1, same for 8.1 client and the new functions.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinSHowdown View Post
If we had an emulator not only would we not need someone to hack the official files every time there was a new installment, but, we would have the ability to add new features.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Correct me if i'm wrong but rappelz now run 8.1 and as far as i know nobody have 8.1 full files.
So you have two solutions : wait a hacker steals full files or build an emulator.
Old   #6

Moreover in the EMU the most work is to do/update the new structure(from 7.1/7.3 to 8.1) and new feature of rappelz
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

I see fair enough , I knew there were more groups out there trying to work on an emulator I just figured they killed the thought because of the released files. Apologies
Old   #8

the motivation to do an emu should not to have a (full) 8.1 server, a 6.1/7.1 server without bugs is enough to be a goal (but if you have many devs, it could be possible to have a 8.1 full server within a year (or 2 years), but these devs have to have free time to do that)

i already begun a client, but unfortunately i don't have the time now to do something like that (work takes too much time )

(and if one day the emu is finished, devs will have to maintain and update it then, all that works should belong to a company like ... gala ? although they seems to have difficulty to maintain and add features to their codebase)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

I think its good to work with real devs, but theres always a thing... they want to be better or know better than some wich causes issues. you should let developers having a test and do their thing in their own sections and than later on let them join it together or fusing it with an function.

no offense, but it broke ncarbon before. what makes you thinking this wouldent?