Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE]Quest-Editor BETA [Structorian]

Discussion on [RELEASE]Quest-Editor BETA [Structorian] within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
[RELEASE]Quest-Editor BETA [Structorian]

Information:

Today I am releasing this small rdb editor to whoever has a use for it. Before hand let me start with some info about the Quest RDB and why it has never been really tackled in the past.

As many developers here know RDB's were only figured out because of their similarities to their respective databases (e.g db_npcresource.rdb > dbo.NpcResource) since the RDB have no column names you have to compare the values you are seeing to that of a database and hope the respective database is very close to what's in the rdb. I spoke to Xijezu about a Quest Editor and he told me he only had tried once and did not finish due to a great difference between the rdb and it's database counter-part.

After trying many different attempts at figuring out the structure by comparing it directly to it's database I decided to decode the hex as it came and I began to notice values that corresponded to entries of rows in the database and the more I translated the more I seen a big difference between the db and the rdb but yet many similarities.

After spending all day on decoding the structure I have been able to gather large amounts of useful data about questing such as the ability to alter: id, text_id, status_id, value1-12, exp, gold, jp, gen points, default and option rewards, quest requirements. Although I was unable to track the script_start/end_text field I recovered a number at the end of the row which is consistant throughout the rdb. (I do not think script_start/end_text exists in the 6.1/7.1 rdb)

As some final information there is a random segment of numbers that appear in the editor @ column 'unknown_field_1'

What do I need?

You will need the following rar, simply download extract to where-ever, load up structorian (AS ADMIN) then click File > Load Structure File (Select the STRS Folder and Select questresource.strs then click File > Load Data File and select the db_quest.rdb

UPDATED -- [I have cleaned up the table by hiding some of the spacers that were used]

Once the rdb has been loaded a window will appear and the will contain two items, click QuestResource_Header_Row_Count and the window will vanish and a window behind it will remain, on the left hand tree you will now see +QuestResource_Header_Row_Count, double click it and it will preload all entries, now just click on the first entry and it will be in table view.

To edit an entry simply highlight the field you wish to edit and type in the value, after your value has been entered press enter and up/down/left/right keys to navigate to another field. To save the file press File > Save Data File > Name it as:

w&b-q40J2m-;^!2csTgSr

!!! US CLIENT HASH ONLY !!!

Warnings:
* This editor will ONLY function for 7.1 clients [No outside help given]
* This editor will ONLY support 3 option quest prizes (not the native 7.1 6 rewards)
* EXP/JP/gP/Gold must be edited in both the RDB and the DB
* Mob Requirement must be edited in both RDB and the DB

Screenshots: -- UPDATED

Virus:

If you think it's a virus don't download it, but for those with a brain I assure you it has no virus.

Bug Reporting/Fixing:

If you are able to figure out some of the unknown fields please update the strs and share it as a post in this thread, thank you.

Download Link:

p.s I accidentally left my NPCRESOURCE editor for 7.3 in their (7.3 ONLY!!!)
Thanks
10 Users
Old 11/19/2012, 15:48   #2

-bump-
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/19/2012, 18:10   #3

elite*gold: 1
Nice, glad to see some one actually soing something
Good job smoke&marek
Old 11/26/2012, 16:31   #4

shabump
Old 11/26/2012, 16:58   #5

Lol so make a new quests for lvl 155+

Good job ~ كفوووووو
Old 11/29/2012, 15:23   #6

elite*gold: 30
GREAT WORK!
but dont u think...
i think that releasing great things is a really mad work.
first. there is so much concurrence between pservers and between pserver and offserver.
so many problems with officials that can solve not everyone. i think rappelz isn't lineage or minecraft.
rappelz pserver industry is a natural selection of the best devs.
second. as i said about natural selection, i think releasing of things that dont take much time but takes a lot of brain work and knowledges - wrong choice to "be a good dev" for other ppl. wrong because u can work more and more for it and as result u will have everything but everyone will have what u have and its some stupid to think that they will send u respect as i do for u now and that they dont set their "rights" for your releases and dont need u to **** off because THEY ARE GOOD DEVS.
my experience says that i wont release anymore.
sending u respect again if ure just kind person that needs to make rappelz pserver industry better because i understand it as well as you do. but i will still think that spoonfeeding is thing that can create more concurrence and its wrong to be a concurrents when whe have a bigger problem - officials.
Old 09/25/2016, 07:35   #7

structorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
-bump-
can you upload structorian program sir? all links are dead.
Old 09/25/2016, 18:36   #8

elite*gold: 99
This is only 4 years old thread. Good job, lol.
Old 09/25/2016, 20:58   #9

Hi Fyben! Are you on any Rappelz servers atm?
Old 09/26/2016, 15:06   #10

Nah I won't. Program is insanely old and very limited in the terms of what it can do. I'd recommend you just using glandu's rdb editor. Super easy to make new dll for it and it's fast. I've only seen one way that's faster but trust me when I say you're not willing to go that far :P
Old 09/26/2016, 15:08   #11

Old 09/27/2016, 17:39   #12

elite*gold: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph87293 View Post
Hi Fyben! Are you on any Rappelz servers atm?
No, not at the given time.
Closed Thread