Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Some general questions about the emulator server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Some general questions about the emulator server

I was wondering

1.) if there was a certain reason why mssql server was chosen instead of mysql

2.) are the ancient chaos stone upgrades not implemented? I have searched the databases that I have (redemption 1.04 and arcadia 1.3) and cannot find them in either, by the way. thanks to smoke and his team for the documentation in the description fields of the database, made things much easier to find.

3.) I have also noticed that you cannot add items to an account while the char is logged in, I figure this is becouse the locking of the database once the char loggs out the items seem to appear.

4.) anyone have ideas on how to mod items base stats? any input would be appreciated.

now with those questions I'll say this. I am familiar with basic scripting and database querys including using and building stored functions as well as querying, updating and general database usage..

Thanks in advance

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 2,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge12 View Post
I was wondering

1.) if there was a certain reason why mssql server was chosen instead of mysql

-- This the format Rappelz was originally designed to handle and thus the most optimized.

2.) are the ancient chaos stone upgrades not implemented? I have searched the databases that I have (redemption 1.04 and arcadia 1.3) and cannot find them in either, by the way. thanks to smoke and his team for the documentation in the description fields of the database, made things much easier to find.

-- The Description Field is Redemptions addition not NCarbons, but that item does infact exist. Next time try using the StringResource db to find items, it's very easy.

3.) I have also noticed that you cannot add items to an account while the char is logged in, I figure this is becouse the locking of the database once the char loggs out the items seem to appear.

-- This is untrue, it is a simple procedure to add an item while the character is logged in. Use a GM tool or manually write the item line and connect it to the desired character. Most character faculties are periodically reloaded by the server.

4.) anyone have ideas on how to mod items base stats? any input would be appreciated.

-- Base stats and variables for any item can be found in the items entry in the ItemResource table.

now with those questions I'll say this. I am familiar with basic scripting and database querys including using and building stored functions as well as querying, updating and general database usage..

Thanks in advance
Hope I helped.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Received Thanks: 1,007
3620137 is the anicent chaos stone and you have to insert the entrys on your on. Im not sure if it work or not.

edit:

the ancient chaos is useless, the GS dont know what to do with it.

But you could handle it through LUA
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge12 View Post
If you want to put those items in the Itembox (like the way you would recieve them by using the cashshop) take a look at this:

Old   #5

They often use MSSQL in Korean games. It's considered the "professional" database management system.