Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

JW988's STEP BY STEP GUIDE

Discussion on JW988's STEP BY STEP GUIDE within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/24/2011, 00:13   #76

elite*gold: 0
i owe a major thanks to EliteLotus for helping me get mine working
Old 05/24/2011, 17:21   #77

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
guys ar you 100% sure u gave authority over files to sa? go back to guide and make sure u did its the part where u click auth>properties>files then put sa as owner
do the same to telecaster, and arcadia
also make sure the recource folder u copy the new map and scripts from game _bin and post them in aor resource so client server ratio is sync
thanx it worked now , but i had another problome [ in the game when i login as admin - pass : admin ]

it says : [ could not connect to login server ]

help !!?
Old 05/24/2011, 20:22   #78

you have to type
start_service
set game.open_external 1

in to auth server
Old 05/25/2011, 14:24   #79

hi i have a problem , it in the last step whene we must make a bat file. i can't make one why ? (i mean i can't change it to a bate file ! ) any help ? thx
Old 05/25/2011, 16:05   #80

make it whis notepat++ and change from .txt to .bat
Old 05/25/2011, 17:21   #81

Make sure you can view extensions in folders. Again if you don't know how to do that stop trying to make the server.
Old 05/26/2011, 19:30   #82

i have installed the mysql things....
but i have one question
where i can download rappelz epic 6.2 version?
Old 05/26/2011, 19:59   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohcene123 View Post
hi i have a problem , it in the last step whene we must make a bat file. i can't make one why ? (i mean i can't change it to a bate file ! ) any help ? thx
make sure u click save as then type load.bat
Old 05/30/2011, 22:33   #84

i get a error with the gg. anybody know y?
Old 05/30/2011, 23:06   #85

1. if you getting the GG you are using the wrong client

2. why do you wanna use 6.2 client? = wrong client

3. download AoR client and copy your (or make) load.bat file or whatever you decided to name it, into the AoR folder

4. to more experienced players, you can download the 7.1 client then just copy the Sframe from AoR folder into the 7.1 folder and create a load.bat into there and run it (still has some flaws)

5. credits to their respective owners, all this by using 2 minutes of my time to do a search
Old 05/30/2011, 23:12   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku801 View Post
1. if you getting the GG you are using the wrong client

2. why do you wanna use 6.2 client? = wrong client

3. download AoR client and copy your (or make) load.bat file or whatever you decided to name it, into the AoR folder

4. to more experienced players, you can download the 7.1 client then just copy the Sframe from AoR folder into the 7.1 folder and create a load.bat into there and run it (still has some flaws)

5. credits to their respective owners, all this by using 2 minutes of my time to do a search
the aor client have some trojanas in the exe files
Old 06/01/2011, 09:26   #87

Ugh, ok the search function on this site and google has failed me in an utterly massive way. So don't tell me to look somewhere else or search this page or any of that nonsense.

My problem is that I have it working. However, once I try to create a character it gives me the "You may not create this character" error. So any insight or perhaps a nice link to what I need to bypass it would be nice.

Thanks.
Old 06/01/2011, 16:51   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballu78 View Post
the aor client have some trojanas in the exe files
just use atleast 0.5% of your brains before going posting "herpa derp hurr durr" comments... it's been said countless times before why you get the trojan message, also been said countless (literally) times before to

Old 06/01/2011, 19:04   #89

Can anyone help me when I try to open the guide it says the adobe file is corrupted can anyone re-post the guide or something?

*Edit fixed i updated my adobe
Old 06/01/2011, 19:54   #90

This How-To is not completed yet. I will add the How-To in german later and add some little Tut's. Further I will make a little video if it gets sticked^^

How-To: Get a Rappelz Private Server running
How-To: Einen Rappelz Privatserver zum Laufen bringen

English version

This post tells you how to set up a Rappelz Private Server on a local machine! Because of this there is any focus on security! For public servers look at the bottom or at other topics.
What you generally need:
  • Windows 7 64-bit ServicePack 1
  • At least 4 GB RAM
  • Concentration
  • and a brain.

Step1: Installing the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (MSSQLS)
1. Download the MSSQLS from Microsoft
Download it from here: .
Firstly choose the language. You must choose the 64-bit version.
Pictures:

2. Run the downloaded file which you can find in your download folder.
Pictures:

3. Installing
Pictures and descriptions:

Step 2: Configure the SQL Server Configuration Manager

Step 3: Get the Rappelz Server files
You can use this guide for all Epics of Rappelz, for all releases. I will work with AL7roB_123's files.
Download them from here: .
Unzip them after downloading.
Also download this file: (Credits to GamePortal/).
Unzip it also.

In both downloads you will find these files:
  • Auth_GamePortal.bak
  • arcadia8.1.bak
  • Telecaster.bak

Step 4: Restore and configure the databases (and the user)
They are the database backups from Rappelz. You have to restore them. I will tell you how:

Step 5: Get the servers running
Now look into the previously downloaded folder "Files8.1_By_AL7roB". You need to go into the folder "GameEngine".
There is all you need for running them.
You have multiple servers.
  • PrincessAuroraServer (in "Auth"-folder): For the authentification of the player (needs Auth database).
  • CaptainHerlockServer (in "GameEngine"-folder): Runs the game (needs Arcadia and Telecaster databases).
  • UploadServer (in "UploadServer"-folder; not needed)
  • LogServer (not there; not needed)
They all have *.OPT files in their folder. There are options which you can change. Now change them.

1. Configure your *.opt files
Text with < and > like "<yourname>" always stands for a value. You must not write the < and >.

You will find in ../GameEngine/Auth/ an "AuthServer.opt" file. Open it with a text editor.
Clear it and insert AND EDIT:

Example:

You will find in ../GameEngine/ a "GameServer.opt" file. Open it with a text editor.
Clear it and insert AND EDIT:

Example:

Because you run your Rappelz Private Server on your local Computer your external_ip must be 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

2. Compressing the *.OPT files
In the folder "GameEngine" is a "RappelzCompress_v2.exe".
Run this program and drag the "AuthServer.opt" onto the window.
Do the same with the "GameServer.opt".

You have to do this after each edit in the files.

3. Start the servers
Start the PrincessAuroraServer.exe.
Start the CaptainHerlockServer.exe.

Wait and hope for no error. It should look after a few seconds like this:

3. Type in commands
Type in PrincessAuroraServer "start_service" (Enter) and "set game.open_external 1" (Enter). Without quotes.

Step 6: Client
You can use the official 8.1 client of your language/country.
BUT you have to replace the "SFrame.exe" in your Client folder with a SFrame.exe from the Pillipines Client because it does not use GameGuard. Use e.g. this SFrame: .

Now you need to create an own "Launcher" because u must launch with a connection to your server, not to the official.

Create a *.BAT file with e.g. this content:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
START SFRAME /auth_ip:127.0.0.1 /auth_port:8841 /locale:ASCII /country:US /commercial_shop /cash
Move the Launcher.BAT into the Rappelz Client folder and doubleclick it after you started the servers.
Closed Thread