Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Someone is willing to play the real OLD Silkroad?

Discussion on Someone is willing to play the real OLD Silkroad? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Someone is willing to play the real OLD Silkroad?

Hello everyone! i was just asking if someone really wants to play the old Silkroad with no bots at all, cuz my sibling is willing to open a pretty old SRO server.
The server will have major changes, but the play style still the same, with new quests and events added and balancing china characters, etc ....
the game will be at first cap 90 then upgrading to 100, then to 110, and so on ....
Will this game have many players?
And thank you.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/01/2016, 19:58   #2

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,307
No bot -> no players
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2016, 20:07   #3

elite*gold: 77
It all depends on your luck, the reputation of the server owners and your friends (Yes, your friends. You gotta convince some famous guilds to join, because famous guilds bring other famous guilds in order to have a competition).
^That's my POV.
Old 07/01/2016, 23:30   #4

i like POV
Old 07/01/2016, 23:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by _HouseMusicx3 View Post
No bot -> no players
Can you please explain why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius* View Post
It all depends on your luck, the reputation of the server owners and your friends (Yes, your friends. You gotta convince some famous guilds to join, because famous guilds bring other famous guilds in order to have a competition).
^That's my POV.
Yes! and i know some friends who still play SRO, anyway i just meant if the system will be liked by players so the server stay alive.
Old 07/02/2016, 16:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _HouseMusicx3 View Post
No bot -> no players
Sad truth
Old 07/02/2016, 18:42   #7

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357159258456 View Post
Can you please explain why?

Because nobody has the time / patience to go through the grinding process, especially since the majority of the community left now have full time jobs / college work.
Old 07/02/2016, 18:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Because nobody has the time / patience to go through the grinding process, especially since the majority of the community left now have full time jobs / college work.
I'm sick of hearing this. You're saying it like it matters that you level up fast or not or like you MUST get everything in a week's time. Like you HAVE to level up fast or else you can't play. People are putting the same amount of time into silkroad regardless, so why does it matter if you're killing mobs or plussing gear or anything else in that time?

Nobody says you need to spend several hours/day if you can't but at least enjoy the **** game, don't bot your way through it so you can have everything so soon because then you'll just get bored fast.

Hell, we've got bots for everything nowadays. Bots for grinding, alchemy, fortress wars, pvp ... hell why do we even "play" the game then? For what? If all we get or do is through some third-party program, what's the point ? Just let the program play then.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/02/2016, 20:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
I'm sick of hearing this. You're saying it like it matters that you level up fast or not or like you MUST get everything in a week's time. Like you HAVE to level up fast or else you can't play. People are putting the same amount of time into silkroad regardless, so why does it matter if you're killing mobs or plussing gear or anything else in that time?

Nobody says you need to spend several hours/day if you can't but at least enjoy the **** game, don't bot your way through it so you can have everything so soon because then you'll just get bored fast.

Hell, we've got bots for everything nowadays. Bots for grinding, alchemy, fortress wars, pvp ... hell why do we even "play" the game then? For what? If all we get or do is through some third-party program, what's the point ? Just let the program play then.
i am agree with you
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/02/2016, 21:58   #10

No it won't. I'd say roughly 99 percent of the remaining Silkroad players are interested in the pvp aspects of the game, not the pve.
Old 07/03/2016, 02:10   #11

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
I would agree with the user above, the server probably won't get many players unless you can get some big guilds in your hand then ye sure but most likely not. Real Old School without customizations isn't needed nowadays.
Old 07/03/2016, 15:20   #12

I think old school SRO will success if it had a lot of good customizations? what if it had a system so that the players are forced to get in parties to fight? maybe develop a system that new players always find parties to plvl?
Old 07/04/2016, 14:26   #13

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:

Same argument goes for iSRO. If no bot existed, I can almost guarantee the game would've died out within the first few years. Who in their right mind wants to spend not just weeks, but months in order to just gain one level? Baring in mind that'll be 0 gap with premium active, the amount of XP needed to level up with 1x rates from even 100-101 is insane. Of course, I'm not saying hand-grinding can't be fun in parties because it can, but what about all the content in-between? Too many developers nowadays are too focused on end-game content instead of actually adding **** to participate in whilst attempting to reach the cap.

And in regards to your 'same amount of time invested' quote, it's not really true. With most bots including sBot, you can configure it, and leave it there running for days if you wish.
Old 07/04/2016, 15:27   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Same argument goes for iSRO. If no bot existed, I can almost guarantee the game would've died out within the first few years. Who in their right mind wants to spend not just weeks, but months in order to just gain one level? Baring in mind that'll be 0 gap with premium active, the amount of XP needed to level up with 1x rates from even 100-101 is insane. Of course, I'm not saying hand-grinding can't be fun in parties because it can, but what about all the content in-between? Too many developers nowadays are too focused on end-game content instead of actually adding **** to participate in whilst attempting to reach the cap.

And in regards to your 'same amount of time invested' quote, it's not really true. With most bots including sBot, you can configure it, and leave it there running for days if you wish.
Again, why does it matter if you spend 3 days leveling or 3 years? You will still get there eventually and oh boy will it be rewarding when you do!

"And in regards to your 'same amount of time invested' quote, it's not really true. With most bots including sBot, you can configure it, and leave it there running for days if you wish."

The same amount of time will be invested without bots. Be it you just login after work or you just stop your bot, you'll still spend x hours after that point. Same amount of time will be spent ACTUALLY PLAYING the game.
Old 07/04/2016, 16:54   #15

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,307
Quote:
Again, why does it matter if you spend 3 days leveling or 3 years? You will still get there eventually and oh boy will it be rewarding when you do!

"And in regards to your 'same amount of time invested' quote, it's not really true. With most bots including sBot, you can configure it, and leave it there running for days if you wish."

The same amount of time will be invested without bots. Be it you just login after work or you just stop your bot, you'll still spend x hours after that point. Same amount of time will be spent ACTUALLY PLAYING the game.
People are impatient why bother sitting hours and hours infront of your monitor when you can let a programm do all the dirty work ?

There is one to blame and that is joymax they never bothered helping to grind faster with new quests etc to this date I don't understand why there is a quest system in SRO anyways

Imagine trying to cap in isro with only 3 hours/day