Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

kal online pserver mysql 2005 help

Discussion on kal online pserver mysql 2005 help within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
kal online pserver mysql 2005 help

hi all, trying to make a kal online private server (first time) with mysql express edition 2005 on vista 32.

now i know it's a lot easier to do it with mysql 2000 on xp but this is what im working with and i dont wanna downgrade unless i have to.

i found a tutorial for it and im on the step listed in bold:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Open MSSQL Managemen Studio Express
Right click the database folder.
Click New Database.
Put in the name "kal_db".
Right click again database folder.
Click Restore Database.
Type in the column named "To database", put kal_db.
Click the circle named "From Device".
Locate kal_db - MSSQL 2005.bak. Go to Options tab.
Click the box named "Overwrite the existing database".
Click ok.
Note:Same procedure with kal_auth database.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when i try to find the file, i see the folder its in, but the contents of the folder wont show (as in the files inside the folder)

i gave myself full permisions via right click properties users full control and it still says
"the db engine service could not find th file, either the loc of file does not exist or the current login foes not have access to it. verify tht the file exists and tht the account has perm to it"

the file DOES exist because i see it in the folder when i check manually, but under mysql program the file does not show

im wondering if theres a solution to this or should i just downgrade to xp and dl mysql 2000 to save myself all the trouble, thanks.