Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

can i sue scammers ?

Discussion on can i sue scammers ? within the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
can i sue scammers ?

is it possible to contact with the local police or something ? i got scammed for 300$ yesterday by doncheats.com when i checked the information of their website it was Owner Address: 21 new street
Owner City: london
Owner Postcode: E18 9EW is it possible ?
Old 12/17/2017, 20:02   #2

I am sure that they entered false info.
Old 12/17/2017, 21:21   #3

you can try but highly unlikely you will get your money back, unless ALOT of people sue them too.

if you paid with paypal, charge it back, if you didnt, lesson learnt
Old 12/17/2017, 23:52   #4

No dude, forget that no lawyer is gonna take the case, forget the warrants you'd need to get some one's real identity. Forget the fact that you were trying to purchase something that violates the ToS of a game.

The massive hurdle would be the burden of proof you'd need to prove you never got sent what was agreed upon.
Old 12/18/2017, 00:08   #5
Trade Restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedinho1234 View Post
is it possible to contact with the local police or something ? i got scammed for 300$ yesterday by doncheats.com when i checked the information of their website it was Owner Address: 21 new street
Owner City: london
Owner Postcode: E18 9EW is it possible ?
go to police station that all what i can say. Peoples that got scammed have to do this otherwise this will never end here. Doesnt matter if Euro 1 or euro 1000īand doesnt matter if u will get Money back. As i know Police can Contact epvp and they will give IPīs to them. Correct me anyone if im wrong.
Old 12/19/2017, 09:32   #6

False from what i know most use fake information
Old 12/20/2017, 18:54   #7

elite*gold: 28
You could try but you’ll probably be left with nothing more than a headache.
Old 12/22/2017, 03:16   #8

In the end i really don't think its worth it
Old 12/26/2017, 01:41   #9

you can try instead of doing nothing. And if the case is filed get a copy on it and submit to paypal when you request a refund, I'm preetty sure you will have a strong chance to get your money back or PayPal will make such action to block the seller's paypal id.

Edit:
Sometimes PayPal will hear your request esp. when it looks convincing and even if you send your payments via family and friends (happened to me before and I get my money back).

$300 is not a small money, I hoep you get your money back.
Old 12/26/2017, 01:45   #10

creating cheat's is illegal in a lot of countries, so I don't think you can sue them for your money, but you can sue them for creating cheats maybe

--EDIT--
Nvm, they probably never even made a cheat, well, sorry to tell but your money is gone.
Old 12/26/2017, 01:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyrightWalrus View Post
creating cheat's is illegal in a lot of countries, so I don't think you can sue them for your money, but you can sue them for creating cheats maybe

--EDIT--
Nvm, they probably never even made a cheat, well, sorry to tell but your money is gone.
Cheat was not the problem here, it CAN be a problem in the latter case if this was brought into court.

Remember, the transactions happened between the buyer of the hax and the seller of the hax. Bluehole company is clearly outside to this. Believe me anything not related to the case will not be entertain esp. when you bring this up to the court.