Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
You last visited: Today at 01:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Improve FPS - Minor Exploits and more

Discussion on Improve FPS - Minor Exploits and more within the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Improve FPS - Minor Exploits and more

Improve your FPS

1. Launch options
Go to steam -> Library -> Right click on PUBG -> Properties -> Launch options.
Paste in Launch options: (maxMem, depending on your memory)
Quote:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -maxMem=8000
2. User Settings:
  • 1. GameUserSettings.ini settings:
    Code:
    [/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
    bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ResolutionQuality=70.000000
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=0
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0
    sg.ShadowQuality=0
    sg.PostProcessQuality=0
    sg.TextureQuality=0
    sg.EffectsQuality=0
    sg.FoliageQuality=0
  • 2. Scalability.ini settings:
    Code:
    [TextureQuality@0]
    r.Streaming.MipBias=16
    r.MaxAnisotropy=8
    r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
3. (Optional) Resolution and Frequency
NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Change Resolution -> Check your available resolutions and look if some of them have a higher frequency

4. (Optional) NVIDIA 3D Settings - Thanks to VampireDiarrhea
NVIDIA Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Select 'TslGame.exe' or add it
  • 1. 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' to 1
  • 2. 'Triple Buffering' off
  • 3. 'Threaded optimization' on
  • 4. 'Power Management Mode' to max. performance
  • Optional: 'Texture Filtering - Quality' to performance or high performance

All of these settings will decrease your graphics, the game will probably look like a pile of garbage but it runs smooth.

ReShade

What is ReShade?

ReShade is a post-processing injector. In short, it basically aims to improve the overall look of the game itself by giving sharper and brighter visuals. Specifically, it removes focus blur and will allow you to adjust different shades and color pallets, which, in-turn with the extra clarity, could potentially mean life or death in a gunfight.

Example:

How to Install and use ReShade

Before we begin -- yes, this is perfectly legal and okay to use in multiplayer, as the developers themselves have given the green flag on Twitter regarding the use of ReShade.

• 1. First up and most obvious, you'll want to and begin installing it.
  • 2. Locate the game on your computer.
    Steam > SteamApps > common > PUBG > TslGame > Binaries > Win64 > Tslgame.exe
  • 3. Select your rendering API, in most cases you'll wanna select Direct 3D 10+ or OpenGL.
  • 4. Once prompted “Do you wish to download a collection of standard effect from -- reply yes.
  • 5. Click “Uncheck All” on the list of shaders.
  • 6. From here you can select which settings you prefer, but I'll list my recommended settings.
  • 7. AdaptiveSharpen.fx (This will essentially sharpen the games visuals and make them less blurry.)
  • 8. HDR.fx (This will make the game over all more bright and depending on your monitor, give you a better colour range.)
  • 9. Technicolor2.fx (This will give you a more vibrant less saturated colour pallet.)

Other potential plugins you may want to use or try:
    Vibrance.fx (Once again, this will give you a much brighter more vibrant color pallet)
    LumaSharpen.fx (This will also sharpen the image, I only recommend using this or AdaptiveSharpen.fx, not both at the same time as too much sharpening may just ruin the image. Experiment with which you prefer)
    Clarity.fx (This also aims to add sharper/clearer visuals, and once again, I'd only recommend using this and maybe LumaSharpen.fx or AdaptiveSharpen.fx)

Finishing Touch
  • 1. Start up PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
  • 2. Open ReShade by pressing Shift + F2.
  • 3. If you wish, go through the quick user interface tutorial.
  • 4. Once that's done, click the plus icon on the top right under Home to create a new profile and create a name for it.
  • 5. At the bottom collapse the Adaptive Sharpen window.
  • 6. Double click on Strength under Technicolor 2 and adjust to 0.500 (If you selected this setting earlier that is. You can also fiddle with the other plugins you selected earlier here as well.)
  • 7. You may also want to set up your toggle key options and assign keys to your plugins if you wish to enable or disable them on the fly, I would recommend just using the numpad keys.
  • 8. Next, go to the Settings Tab.
  • 9. You'll wanna look for “Usage Mode” and then change this to “Performance” (You can adjust this later if you wanna experiment.)
  • 10. Press Reload and exit.

And you are set! Enjoy the improved visuals and good luck getting to the top!

Render Exploit
  • Method 1: FAST AS FUCK BOII

Requirements:
    • 1. A relative bad or decent computer
    • 2. A car or preferably a motorbike
    • 3. Lots of patience

This is no confirmed exploit but I was able to reproduce it many times. If your hard drive is occupied and you are driving with full speed into another part of the map it may happen that your game fails to render houses, maybe you have seen this bug by the streamer destiny. With this you will be able to drive trough houses and shoot trough walls.
  • Method 2: Restart and Pray

Whenever I start the game for the first time my houses fail to render for the first 20 seconds, when you walk into ANY bunker in these seconds you will eventually fall trough the ground. Under the map is water and you are not affected by the zone. You can simply win the game from down there without getting any damage.
  • Method 3: Dead Man Watching

Requirements:
    • 1. A squad
    • 2. At least two living people and one dead guy

You need to have your people to be split up around the map, whenever you switch the player you currently spectate and they are far away from each other your game fails to render the houses for a short amount of time, keep switching between the players and tell them where the next enemy is coming from.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/17/2017, 03:43   #2

elite*gold: 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by zǝro View Post
ReShade
Or just use Nvidia Digital Vibrance.. (which is integrated in nvidea settings)[Any1 who uses other gpu's than nvidia should khs]
Old 08/17/2017, 04:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eX.pLos[!]ve View Post
Or just use Nvidia Digital Vibrance.. (which is integrated in nvidea settings)[Any1 who uses other gpu's than nvidia should khs]
That would also work on AMD. And besides that ReShade offers far more options and tweaks than "Nvidia Digital Vibrance"
Old 08/17/2017, 13:31   #4

elite*gold: 20
1. Launch options:
-sm4 doesn't work anymore
-malloc=system never did anything for PUBG and is completely useless
(I'd recommend using none at all actually)

2. User settings:
You can just put in 0 as 0.01 is being recognized as 0.

3. If you are short on FPS I'd recommend using LumaSharpen instead of AdaptiveSharpen. In my experience AdaptiveSharpen costs a small amount of FPS whereas LumaSharpen costs almost nothing. (This is purely personal experience, you might as well just try out what works better)

4. In regards to fps improvement you could add more, e.g. Nvidia Control Panel tweaks:
- set 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' to 1
- turn 'Triple Buffering' off
- turn 'Threaded optimization' on
- set 'Power Management Mode' to max. performance
(if you are on a low end system you could additionally set 'Texture Filtering - Quality' to performance or high performance)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/17/2017, 13:54   #5

Thanks for your corrections and ideas for improvements, will add them to the thread
Old 08/23/2017, 23:59   #6

you think adding these setting to the scalibility.ini folder makes it harder to spot out people cause i notice it messes with the rendering of trees and foliage?
Old 08/24/2017, 00:07   #7

elite*gold: 59
Solid tips gained at least 15+ frames from this guide.
Thanks
1 User