Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > Planetside
You last visited: Today at 12:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Idea: Block the "hacker reports"?

Discussion on Idea: Block the "hacker reports"? within the Planetside forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
This is just an idea I had a few mins ago.

I currently use a program called Peerguardian 2 to block a load of anti-p2p companies from sending/receiving packets from/to me and when I installed it blocked all the PS IPs by default.

I unblocked them all one by one so I could login then play on the 3 different servers.

My idea is, what if I had just unblocked the IP to login and then say the IP for werner...

I'm thinking that the "hacker reports" might be sent to a specific IP, probably one of the US IPs. After I connect to say werner I could block the login IP so the only Sony IP my PC can connect to is the IP for werner. Then if I was to try the COF hack the "hacker report" would be sent but what if it didn't go via the werner server, if it tried to go straight to another IP (other than the IP for werner) it would be blocked by Peerguardian 2 and SOE would never get the report.

That's probably not how it works but it might... any comments?

Old 08/02/2006, 03:51   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Tetak@Aug 2 2006, 03:46
This is just an idea I had a few mins ago.

I currently use a program called Peerguardian 2 to block a load of anti-p2p companies from sending/receiving packets from/to me and when I installed it blocked all the PS IPs by default.

I unblocked them all one by one so I could login then play on the 3 different servers.

My idea is, what if I had just unblocked the IP to login and then say the IP for werner...

I'm thinking that the "hacker reports" might be sent to a specific IP, probably one of the US IPs. After I connect to say werner I could block the login IP so the only Sony IP my PC can connect to is the IP for werner. Then if I was to try the COF hack the "hacker report" would be sent but what if it didn't go via the werner server, if it tried to go straight to another IP (other than the IP for werner) it would be blocked by Peerguardian 2 and SOE would never get the report.

That's probably not how it works but it might... any comments?
Eh.

I think we lose. SoE wins.

lol

Old 11/06/2006, 23:03   #3

I dont want to bring back old topics but what if this could work?
Old 11/06/2006, 23:53   #4

I highly doubt that the gameclient opens up a new connection to some special server. It is much easier for a programmer to use the current iostream of an existing connection and just pipe a byte through that flags you as a cheater.

- I.

Old 11/12/2006, 05:30   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Itburnz@Nov 6 2006, 14:53
I highly doubt that the gameclient opens up a new connection to some special server. It is much easier for a programmer to use the current iostream of an existing connection and just pipe a byte through that flags you as a cheater.

- I.
Agreed.

« Any new Exploits we dont know about? | help meh here »