Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > Planetside
You last visited: Today at 01:38

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


What hacks are possible?

Reply
 
Old 07/02/2006, 17:09   #16
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16
Received Thanks: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Itburnz+Jul 2 2006, 15:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Itburnz @ Jul 2 2006, 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Damnstraight@Jul 1 2006, 13:39
My good lord, that would be an awesome hack. Permanent Interlink

Heres some that I thought would amuse me.

Infil for any armour
Damage values changed for different weapons (flail power repeater anyone?)
You got that wrong. Enemy Freeze means that the movement of enemies are frozen. Which leads to the next level of hacking by teleporting all enemies the z-axis of your character. So you can warp below a Spawnpoint with a TR Dual Cycler, freeze Enemy Movement and after a minute or 3 shoot the hell out of everyone.



I reached a point where i doubt that SOE will be able to ever sort out the hacks since - at least from my experience so far - the client give you so many cheating opportunaties that they would need a huge amount of code-reviewers and they don&#39;t even seem to have the ressources for the easy things.

I won&#39;t release that version of the tool since you can imagine it cause even greater frustration than the teleporter did. Releasing a CoF hack or an AB is okay since most people won&#39;t even realize. Even before any hack was public people cried "cheater" - so something like that is nothing critical to bother about. Enemy Freeze however would affect every friggen player on the continent you play on and they would all die just over and over. Thats just too hardcore. I think we all could agree here that cheating doesnt make sense anymore at a certain point. I wouldn&#39;t call it cheating anymore, it&#39;s griefing since you dont really play the game anymore at the point and just piss off everyone. Same with the gen-blowing teleports which is why there won&#39;t be any new teleporter release by me.

- I. [/b][/quote]
Basically, why this does is exploit CSHD to shoot people who aren&#39;t there anymore? Good thing not to release it, I wouldn&#39;t trust myself with that.

Was anybody on this forum using the hack to blow gens/break everybody&#39;s fun or was it just silent kiddies?



MagicProphet is offline  
Old 07/02/2006, 18:50   #17
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8
Received Thanks: 1
Neg, I never used the teleport/warpy hack, I use the CoF hack for some hilarious &#39;Beamer/Repeater&#39; moments, and the afterburn hack just to get from A to B quicker.


Damnstraight is offline  
Old 07/02/2006, 21:52   #18
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Received Thanks: 0
I actualy only read here so i know what i&#39;m up against
Seem to be some speed hacking again lately, seeing less of the hacks released by redb00mers, dunno think the &#39;hype&#39; is actually dieing (thank ***).
mrLost is offline  
Old 07/02/2006, 22:03   #19
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 2
The only thing I still see are snipers using the CoF hack. I really enjoy turning Planetside into a Counter-Strike AWP playground...

For me personally, I have yet to see an abusive teleporter.


FreeJPA is offline  
Old 07/03/2006, 10:37   #20
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18
Received Thanks: 3
I see teleporters all the time. Lots of cloakers are using it to plant a boomer and then dissapear. Stand outside the twr, press 3, ur in the spawns, plant a boomer, press 9, boom.
ilovedro is offline  
Old 07/03/2006, 23:03   #21
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 163
Received Thanks: 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Itburnz+Jul 2 2006, 15:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Itburnz @ Jul 2 2006, 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Damnstraight@Jul 1 2006, 13:39
My good lord, that would be an awesome hack. Permanent Interlink

Heres some that I thought would amuse me.

Infil for any armour
Damage values changed for different weapons (flail power repeater anyone?)
You got that wrong. Enemy Freeze means that the movement of enemies are frozen. Which leads to the next level of hacking by teleporting all enemies the z-axis of your character. So you can warp below a Spawnpoint with a TR Dual Cycler, freeze Enemy Movement and after a minute or 3 shoot the hell out of everyone.



I reached a point where i doubt that SOE will be able to ever sort out the hacks since - at least from my experience so far - the client give you so many cheating opportunaties that they would need a huge amount of code-reviewers and they don&#39;t even seem to have the ressources for the easy things.

I won&#39;t release that version of the tool since you can imagine it cause even greater frustration than the teleporter did. Releasing a CoF hack or an AB is okay since most people won&#39;t even realize. Even before any hack was public people cried "cheater" - so something like that is nothing critical to bother about. Enemy Freeze however would affect every friggen player on the continent you play on and they would all die just over and over. Thats just too hardcore. I think we all could agree here that cheating doesnt make sense anymore at a certain point. I wouldn&#39;t call it cheating anymore, it&#39;s griefing since you dont really play the game anymore at the point and just piss off everyone. Same with the gen-blowing teleports which is why there won&#39;t be any new teleporter release by me.

- I. [/b][/quote]
My G.O.D. I would kill for that. :?
Skylos is offline  
Old 07/04/2006, 09:21   #22
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Skylos@Jul 3 2006, 17:03

My G.O.D. I would kill for that. :?
But if I were to use it on you, constantly forcing you to respawn infront of me and having me mow you down, without you ever being able to retaliate...

How long would you endure it before you went "F-this, I&#39;m outta here?"

There&#39;s always a line drawn between idle fun hacking and hardcore griefing.

The old quote, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
FreeJPA is offline  
Old 07/04/2006, 23:42   #23
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Received Thanks: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by FreeJPA@Jul 4 2006, 09:21
There&#39;s always a line drawn between idle fun hacking and hardcore griefing.
This is why we haven&#39;t released this :P

I have to admit though, when I made a more simple version of this which only stopped the enemies movement, it was tons of fun knifing everyone
redb00mer is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 00:26   #24
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20
Received Thanks: 3
I am one who is against hacks I use it once and a while to (AB) to get from point A to B. But I definitely agree with itburnz, for the reason that giving every other player hell for your own amusement. I mean in the real world would you kill a person or two just to see how it feels and continue doing it from there, I doubt it.
I know its just a game but if you think about it, there are some relationships in there.

the only hacks i think you should continue making are harmless fun ones, like AB or CoF maybe newer ones that it will alow.
PSuser is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 04:24   #25
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 2
Most "elite hackers" usually have a sense of responsibility in regards to what they find / discover.

Take the harmless AB hack. It&#39;s simple, most people can do it with basic memory editors and a little nop - it&#39;s great to travel quickly and get into the fray of battle.

But when you use that AB hack to escape from the enemy... Or keep the other player from ever managing a decent target on your vehicle due to the hack (cause you&#39;re flying around at 280kph constantly), would it be that different from a "freeze enemy hack"?

I&#39;ll admit that I&#39;d be a hypocrite if I said I wouldn&#39;t do it... But when do "harmless" hacks like that turn into something far worse?
FreeJPA is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 05:38   #26
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20
Received Thanks: 3
Well I can not aim my mossie nose weapon to well standing still, so I doubt I can aim it at 280, may get a few shots in there but other then that no harmful damage. One thing I definitely use it for is getting away from those NC &#39;AA&#39; weapons, they are a *****, they lock on fire and walk away wile missiles track you threw trees and mountains.
I have heard they lock onto the bottom of your plane so if you land they will explode harmlessly onto the ground, have yet to figure out what angle I must be at with the ground.
PSuser is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 07:55   #27
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 695
Received Thanks: 251
Quote:
Originally posted by FreeJPA@Jul 5 2006, 04:24
Most "elite hackers" usually have a sense of responsibility in regards to what they find / discover.

Take the harmless AB hack. It&#39;s simple, most people can do it with basic memory editors and a little nop - it&#39;s great to travel quickly and get into the fray of battle.

But when you use that AB hack to escape from the enemy... Or keep the other player from ever managing a decent target on your vehicle due to the hack (cause you&#39;re flying around at 280kph constantly), would it be that different from a "freeze enemy hack"?

I&#39;ll admit that I&#39;d be a hypocrite if I said I wouldn&#39;t do it... But when do "harmless" hacks like that turn into something far worse?
The difference is that with the AB hack you might **** off one person at time. With enemy freeze you **** off ALL players ALL the time. When i release this tool there just needs to be one person on each other who keeps using this and the game will be dead within days.

Look at the official forums. They almost act like there are no cheats again (community). There is barely any hacking topic.

- I.
Itburnz is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 07:59   #28
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Received Thanks: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by PSuser@Jul 5 2006, 05:38
Well I can not aim my mossie nose weapon to well standing still, so I doubt I can aim it at 280, may get a few shots in there but other then that no harmful damage. One thing I definitely use it for is getting away from those NC &#39;AA&#39; weapons, they are a *****, they lock on fire and walk away wile missiles track you threw trees and mountains.
I have heard they lock onto the bottom of your plane so if you land they will explode harmlessly onto the ground, have yet to figure out what angle I must be at with the ground.
You just have to bounce off the ground.
redb00mer is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 08:49   #29
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 19
Received Thanks: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Itburnz@Jul 5 2006, 07:55
The difference is that with the AB hack you might **** off one person at time. With enemy freeze you **** off ALL players ALL the time. When i release this tool there just needs to be one person on each other who keeps using this and the game will be dead within days.

Look at the official forums. They almost act like there are no cheats again (community). There is barely any hacking topic.

- I.
Burnz,

Thats standard fare for SOE, always has been. Along with looking the other way while their servers are exploited. Those cheaters give them money, and make no mistake, money is what they care about. Not some stupid game or community. They care when the bottom line is in jeopardy.

Matter of fact, this is nothing new, I give them a little credit they are better now, about "cleansing" the forums than they used to be. They posted a while back again, and told everyone that any cheating, hacking thread would be deleted.

Might scare off a few paying customers you know.

Used to be they allowed known cheaters to get on and taunt everyone else, basically rub the community&#39;s nose in it.

At least you guys have a conscience.

W
whatpulse is offline  
Old 07/05/2006, 11:02   #30
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally posted by PSuser@Jul 4 2006, 23:38
...so I doubt I can aim it at 280
I mean for the other guy that&#39;s trying to get a lock on you

But like what Burnz said, the trainer/hack right now only affects a small number of people - those that you actually target (the teleporter being the exception - and Burnz already said he&#39;s done releasing public versions of that).


FreeJPA is offline  
Reply



« Planetside stuff | Running One Account w/ 2 connections? »



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.