Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Perfect World
You last visited: Today at 02:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions about hacks/hacking

Discussion on Questions about hacks/hacking within the Perfect World forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Questions about hacks/hacking

Okay, so I've been scouting the forums for a few weeks now, and I've noticed something; All of the "hacks", or at least the large majority of them are all just bots for leveling. That's fine and all, but is there really nothing else besides that?

I know there's the injection thing (can't remember exactly what it's called), but the whole process for that was very confusing to me, even when I read through the "tutorial", which didn't seem all that helpful. Maybe because I just wasn't understanding it well enough.

I'm not really asking anyone to make new hacks, such as a dupe hack (though that would be awesome and if anyone knows of a working one, please let me know). But for , I was very confused. I didn't understand how to get everything setup to begin sending packets, or everything that I'd be able to do once I got to that point. So if at all possible, could someone please clarify things for me and help me get everything setup so I may begin doing this for myself?

Thank you in advance to everyone that's able to assist me.
Old 12/18/2011, 23:19   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArekkusu View Post
Okay, so I've been scouting the forums for a few weeks now, and I've noticed something; All of the "hacks", or at least the large majority of them are all just bots for leveling. That's fine and all, but is there really nothing else besides that?

I know there's the injection thing (can't remember exactly what it's called), but the whole process for that was very confusing to me, even when I read through the "tutorial", which didn't seem all that helpful. Maybe because I just wasn't understanding it well enough.

I'm not really asking anyone to make new hacks, such as a dupe hack (though that would be awesome and if anyone knows of a working one, please let me know). But for , I was very confused. I didn't understand how to get everything setup to begin sending packets, or everything that I'd be able to do once I got to that point. So if at all possible, could someone please clarify things for me and help me get everything setup so I may begin doing this for myself?

Thank you in advance to everyone that's able to assist me.

The sending packets thread is mostly a reference for others to use in their programs. It's not exactly a stand-alone program as such, although the AutoIt part can be very easily converted into a working program to send some packets, provided you have the correct base address and packet address.

The way packets can be used for anything besides botting are for example:
-moving through (thin) walls and floors with movement packets
-unequipping your charm by sending a drop equip packet
-used in any tool besides bot tools, such as auto potters. With sendPacket function you only need to locate the address of a single function to perform a myriad of functions.

But I'm personally not too interested in hacking and am more focused on the botting side of things. I am against dupe hacks in particular as they ruin a large part of the game. Most hacks are prevented by server side checking (rubber banding in case of speed and wall hacks), or simply everything being done server side (your client doesn't perform any type of attack speed or damage calculations that are usable to modify those, you simply tell the server you want to attack after which the server tells you the performed damage etc )
Old 12/18/2011, 23:38   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interest07 View Post
The sending packets thread is mostly a reference for others to use in their programs. It's not exactly a stand-alone program as such, although the AutoIt part can be very easily converted into a working program to send some packets, provided you have the correct base address and packet address.

The way packets can be used for anything besides botting are for example:
-moving through (thin) walls and floors with movement packets
-unequipping your charm by sending a drop equip packet
-used in any tool besides bot tools, such as auto potters. With sendPacket function you only need to locate the address of a single function to perform a myriad of functions.

But I'm personally not too interested in hacking and am more focused on the botting side of things. I am against dupe hacks in particular as they ruin a large part of the game. Most hacks are prevented by server side checking (rubber banding in case of speed and wall hacks), or simply everything being done server side (your client doesn't perform any type of attack speed or damage calculations that are usable to modify those, you simply tell the server you want to attack after which the server tells you the performed damage etc )
So would it be possible to change the attack rate of a weapon by sending packets with AutoIt or a similar program? Also, you mentioned that the rubber banding prevents speed and wall hacks, but does that work in this case as well, or is there a way to get around that?
Old 12/19/2011, 00:24   #4

elite*gold: 10
Nearly everything that might seem useful to exploit, e.g., dupe, speed, attack rate, attack power etc are checked server side and are therefore pretty much unexploitable. Apart from the occasional screw-ups by PWE (see: DQ rewards / Blessings page exploit that has now been patched) there is no way to get free stuff or give yourself a huge advantage.
You can however, do a sort-of wallhack but only through thin walls. It's more of a teleport really, but the server does check that you haven't jumped long distances and that you're not inside walls and things so it can rubberband you if you push it.
I'm sure there are some other big holes in th game somewhere, but it's just a case of if and when people find them. But as Interest said, some things would be generally frowned upon anyway as they could potentially ruin the game, so if people know things like these, they generally don't make it widely known - Possibly to retain some integrity of the game, possibly to keep it to themselves.
Interests's sending packets AutoIt example is actually an almost completely working standalone testbed for playing with packets. You'd just need to update the base address and sendPacket function address - Oh and change the name of the function call near the beginning of the program - I think it's deselectTarget() or something - just take a look through the code and you should be able to recognise which function it should be calling :P
Old 12/19/2011, 09:04   #5

Quote:
So would it be possible to change the attack rate of a weapon by sending packets with AutoIt or a similar program? Also, you mentioned that the rubber banding prevents speed and wall hacks, but does that work in this case as well, or is there a way to get around that?
no, you can't change the attack rate of a weapon, as you only tell the server to start attacking. After you tell the server you want to start attacking, it will then use the attack rate value in the server to determine the amount of hits you do per second. It will then keep attacking until you either tell it to stop, or you're interrupted. You don't send a continuous stream of attack packets, so that's not gonna be changable.

The only way to get around the rubber banding is that you can extend the time between movement packets from 500 ms to 1000 ms, and using holy path to increase your movement speed, to 'teleport' with a max range of 15 meters. You can make 2 of these jumps without being knocked back to your original position, providing neither of these jumps end up inside a wall.
Old 12/20/2011, 08:59   #6

Ah, alright. Thank you both. Also, I read something that Smurfin posted about sending a packet to drop one coin every step they took. I'm sure that was just editing a packet to drop a coin from the inventory and not just drop a random coin from nowhere, correct?

I apologize for all the questions, just trying to understand all this a bit better.
Old 12/20/2011, 09:54   #7

Quote:
Ah, alright. Thank you both. Also, I read something that Smurfin posted about sending a packet to drop one coin every step they took. I'm sure that was just editing a packet to drop a coin from the inventory and not just drop a random coin from nowhere, correct?

I apologize for all the questions, just trying to understand all this a bit better.
yeah, that's just sending the 'drop coin' packet to drop from your inventory. That's just for fun lol
Old 12/20/2011, 15:59   #8

elite*gold: 10
Hehe I can just picture a huge trail of breadcrumbs accross the map :P

I wonder what happens to the nearby items list once there's more than 768 separate coins dropped on the floor?
Old 12/21/2011, 22:50   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfck View Post
Hehe I can just picture a huge trail of breadcrumbs accross the map :P

I wonder what happens to the nearby items list once there's more than 768 separate coins dropped on the floor?
Lolz, that could be fun to test out.