Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > Shooter Trading > Overwatch Trading
You last visited: Today at 16:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to avoid scams - Flowchart for new users.

Discussion on How to avoid scams - Flowchart for new users. within the Overwatch Trading forum part of the Shooter Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to avoid scams - Flowchart for new users.

Note: Tips and flowchart are referring to buying Overwatch beta accounts only.

Got scammed 3 times trying to buy overwatch account here and I was very careful. So I made a flowchart that will probably save you from being scammed. Link to the flowchart is below:

Click here to view flowchart

Additional tips:
  • Don't get desperate to make payment when user tells you the account will be sold soon.
  • User rep, feedback, black market score, proof of Overwatch ownership, account age, verification status, professionalism and your instinct means NOTHING. Do not take any of these into consideration. Treat all sellers as new profile.
  • Remember if you buy an account without the matching ID, seller may go to Blizzard support with ID verification and regain access to account claiming it was hacked. Your different IP will serve as evidence.
  • Don't give percentage payments for limited/timed access when your original intention was to buy the account. Scammers will just take the lower payment and not respond.
  • Experienced Scammers will not initially reject middle man, but find reasons to get you to trade without them. Tactics used:

- Using middleman during first trade but go AFK or cancel trade and wait for another time where you forget about using a middleman or feel mm is a hassle.

- Only accepts highly selective/non-existent middleman, making you search for a long time and feel frustrated. (Ex requirements: 1000+ successful trades, protects against chargeback, native English speaker, "must be online right now or I am going to sell".

- Claims he knows the middle man and do not trust the middleman.

Whatever you do, if you originally wanted to deal with a middle man, don't let anyone talk you out of it.
  • Ultimate verdict = You going first without middle man with prepaid code / Skrill / bitcoin is 90% scam.

if you find this helpful, bump it for others to see.

if you find this useful, bump it for others to see.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 02/17/2016, 10:45   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Dude, if i would have seen this yesterday i wouldn't have gotten scamazed. ._.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2016, 10:56   #3 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

The Black Market: 335/0/0
Greetings!
Good job on the the information collected here.
I agree on most of those that you have written and i am in the Market scene for long time and i can understand who is scammer and who is not.

I would also like to include something more:

If the Original Owner is an actual scammer and wants to take his account back, he can do it anytime, even like 1 month later. So you are never 100% sure of a safe trade.
When you "Make a Ticket" to Blizzard, they ask you a photo of your "ID" on a daily newspaper or a daily document.
So even if you have a screenshot of the owner's ID you wont be able to do that in the future.
Cause the original owner always holds his real ID and not a screenshot.

That's why i stopped looking for a beta account, cause that already happened to a friend of mine.

I had also made a same kind of thread and it is currently sticky till beta ends.
It includes Info/Tips and the process of Requesting Trade through the Black Market and you can find it here :

"P.S. I even know who are the scammers with high reputation in this section but i can't point fingers due to the forum's rules."

Be careful everyone or just wait for more Beta Waves or Game release like i am going to do.
Cheers!

*Edit: Also be cautious with users that make New thread to sell an Overwatch Account and they intantly close the thread, so users cannot write replies and want only to communicate with Skype..The reason is obvious!*
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/17/2016, 16:14   #4 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Very useful! Thank you.

Bump.

Bump

Bump

Bump
Old 02/20/2016, 01:12   #5 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Le bump
Old 02/21/2016, 08:21   #6 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Bump
Old 02/21/2016, 18:56   #7 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

I don't get it. If you guys are so jaded about buying/renting accounts here, and think everyone is a scammer, then why even post. It's like an ostrich, you are safer just keeping your head in the sand. It's a pretty broad brush to paint everyone with when there are legit people out there.
Old 02/25/2016, 01:05   #8 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Bump.
Old 02/26/2016, 05:14   #9 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

bump
Old 02/27/2016, 20:56   #10 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

BUMP
Old 03/03/2016, 03:27   #11 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Scammers everywhere!
Old 03/03/2016, 21:56   #12 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Useful stuff, should also mention in there to basically ignore PM's from people who haven't contacted via a thread reply directly, i.e , complete scammer who should have his account banned.
Old 03/04/2016, 05:32   #13 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

So many scammers in the front page currently. Don't trust people who only takes codes/prepaid/skill/Bitcoin. There is no way people would have more than 5+ accounts.