Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 03:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can't use shells on Heroic Items

Discussion on Can't use shells on Heroic Items within the Nostale forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Can't use shells on Heroic Items

Hi everyone , can anyone help me about that , how can i change this situation ?

Thank you
Old 07/04/2018, 11:29   #2

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,726
It's not developed as is on OpenNos / NosWings' fork because on official, heroic items have their own shells at craft.
Old 07/04/2018, 11:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by val77 View Post
It's not developed as is on OpenNos / NosWings' fork because on official, heroic items have their own shells at craft.
Are you sure ? Because in some opennos servers heroic items are not like official
Old 07/04/2018, 12:19   #4

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Del View Post
Are you sure ? Because in some opennos servers heroic items are not like official
He is sure, he is one of the developers of those nostale sources xD
Old 07/04/2018, 13:28   #5

Quote:
Since I'm the one who added shells on OpenNos, yes, I know what I did .

And, I did this because we wanted to copy official behavior.

If I remind well, it's done in UseItem, you can simply remove the check "IsHeroic" to let your shells bind on Heroic stuffs.

However, on NosWings' fork of OpenNos, it's already implemented and once you generate an heroic Item, it's generating the shell based on stuff rarity.

To resume, all that "shells binding" checks are done in the code, you need to edit the code.
(You should search where EquipmentOptionDTO are used or where EquipmentOptionHelper is used with GenerateShellOptions)

Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/04/2018, 13:32   #6

Quote:
Since I'm the one who added shells on OpenNos, yes, I know what I did .

And, I did this because we wanted to copy official behavior.

If I remind well, it's done in UseItem, you can simply remove the check "IsHeroic" to let your shells bind on Heroic stuffs.

However, on NosWings' fork of OpenNos, it's already implemented and once you generate an heroic Item, it's generating the shell based on stuff rarity.

To resume, all that "shells binding" checks are done in the code, you need to edit the code.
(You should search where EquipmentOptionDTO are used or where EquipmentOptionHelper is used with GenerateShellOptions)

Thank you so much
Old 07/04/2018, 15:01   #7

Quote:
Thank you so much
Np, I don't mind helping if your question is at least thinked a bit before posting.

Actually, you wanted to know how (without asking for piece of code) you could achieve your attempts.
That's something I respect and I encourage.

Getting your own solution work, that's how you'll learn and how you will be reaching your goals, not like most of the leechers that are just using other people work and claiming it .
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2018, 16:38   #8

Quote:
Np, I don't mind helping if your question is at least thinked a bit before posting.

Actually, you wanted to know how (without asking for piece of code) you could achieve your attempts.
That's something I respect and I encourage.

Getting your own solution work, that's how you'll learn and how you will be reaching your goals, not like most of the leechers that are just using other people work and claiming it .
I didn't say this is my work or anything else. I'm just trying to make something. I should see , i should research , i should ask before learn something. Is that true?. I've respect to your works. I didn't think like your opinion. I'm not claiming someone's work. Thank you for answers.
Old 07/05/2018, 15:50   #9

Talking

What you also can do is:
By increasing the level of the Heroic Items, and set IsHeroic to false you can use normal Shells Level 1>255 on them.

But i would not recommend that
Old 07/07/2018, 04:24   #10

Quote:
I didn't say this is my work or anything else. I'm just trying to make something. I should see , i should research , i should ask before learn something. Is that true?. I've respect to your works. I didn't think like your opinion. I'm not claiming someone's work. Thank you for answers.
You didn't understand what he said, he literally said you're better than others XD