Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale > Nostale PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 07:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[International] NosWings - The best Nostale private server is back !

Discussion on [International] NosWings - The best Nostale private server is back ! within the Nostale PServer Advertising forum part of the Nostale category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/16/2021, 15:20   #466

elite*gold: 0
Sadly, I have come to the point where I feel more negatively about the server than positive. Now let me get this out first, the groundwork that the devs have done is solid. Everything feels as if you're playing an official server. The QoL and some improvements , like FPS unlock and Red Mage, are very welcome.
But now that the excitement for these things have died off, the server does not deliver in the same ingenuity as the aforementioned. The addition of Lunar is cool, but I would have much more preferred it to be an actual event that has more impact but a limited time. Now it just feels like whatever.

There is apparently a huge disconnect on what the game should deliver and what makes the game fun for many people. A new act is nice, but when there's nothing around it the act is just another EQ grind, nothing more.
It is sad to see a lot of potential wasted. Also, why even announce a PvP event when you mention A5.2 in the same sentence? Who will even participate/shell their EQ if A5.2 is just around the corner? In 1 month of server uptime you already made us upgrade two sets of equipment? Makes no sense tbh

I personally can't resonate with people who don't want to grind. NosTale has always been a grindy game at its core and it was mentioned before the server started that this won't be a high-rate server. I do have a problem with this grind actually meaning something though. Why would I grind my *** off and waste precious time on this game when people get +10 for free due to a bug and get to keep it? What about the +14 incident? These are unacceptable things and things you should fix and apologize for. Otherwise I , as many others, can't see myself playing this server. I have always tried to be positive and give constructive feedback, but this is the last straw for me.

Fix your ****.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 06/17/2021, 01:37   #467

elite*gold: 100
The Black Market: 269/0/0
I am going to copy our latest discord announcement.

It has been a long time since we made such an announcement.

Firstly, we would like to make a statement about the "upgrade bug" that affected some people.
The thing is some people had 5% more chance to upgrade their stuff under unusual circumstances, which affected mainly some upgrade tries on a certain channel. The bug was not global and it did get fixed in a short time, some lucky people had that chance and upgraded their stuff to +9 and +10 with it, because these are the ones that could satisfy these weird scenarios that caused the bug.
We lacked reaction speed, that's a fact and we can not deny it. We can only apologize for it. Our main concern was to put the server online as soon as possible, sadly, checking who is affected by a bug is not an easy task, it could take several hours, especially when the bug is tricky and was spotted so late in the day.
Affected people weren't as many as people said recently in the chat.
3 people got affected on upgrading stuffs to +10, and 13 people got affected upgrading their stuff to +9. We got the exact list of affected people. They will get their stuff reverted, and the materials used for upgrade completely refunded. This is a late answer, but we believe that it's a fair one.

Secondly, I wanted to make things clear about the "Blowa is boosting people" rumor that has spread recently among the community.
To make things clear, it started when a player (Pitt) just said in-game that he was really unlucky about upgrading his SP. He had made hundreds of tries to get his +14, in fact, he also said he was getting his budget to upgrade from NWC.
After I got aware of the amount of tries, 115, I felt bad for him spending all that money and get really unlucky. I decided to try by myself to get the upgrade, much faster, since because I can use no delay as an admin. I succeed to put his SP not just to +14, but also to +15, then I reverted it to +14. I gave him the SP back as +14, in front of everyone. I had nothing to hide, and I still have nothing to hide. After some justified complaints from players, I reverted Pitt's SP to +13 and admitted my fault.
That was my fault. Instead of being generous towards him only, I should have brought something that would be fairly generous for everyone.
This is where the Upgrade Pity System is introduced.

You're already familiar with the pity system from our random boxes. It is for ensuring that even the unluckiest players get to succeed after a certain amount of tries. The same now will apply with SP and equipment upgrades. The pity counters are balanced in a way that only less than unluckiest 5% of people will need it. For example, upgrading your SP to +10 has a success rate of 20%. Based on this rate, we set its pity counter to 15. This means that while 96 out of 100 people can already manage to upgrade their SP to +10 with less than 15 attempts, the pity system will save the other 4 people from losing more money than they already have. Remember that this rate is never above 5%, and it only saves those who have spent a LOT of resources on a single upgrade, much more than an average player would have. This pity system will also be for all upgrade levels, and just for really low chance ones. This update is retroactive, meaning that if you had enough fails on an upgrade in the past, you can open a ticket about it and we will upgrade that item for you.

The pity system will have the following values:

Thirdly, we wanted to apologize for our recent lack of transparency.
A lot of different things happened, and as most of you already know, our IRL goes first, and we didn't have enough time to focus on the project. (Especially me, so you can blame me for that.)
NosWings has always been transparent, it's a part of our culture, and it will stay like that.
Being transparent also means that we need to make things clear about our ambition, we will publicly disclose our roadmap in the following days, so you guys understand what we are working on, and what you can expect in the near future.
Also, we wanted to do a survey, to understand better what our community expects from our project. It would be unrealistic to say that NosWings is the perfect server that suits for everyone, however, we are confident to say that NosWings has an amazing potential, is already outstanding, and we can continue improving it to continue expanding our community.
Transparency is also important with the maintenances and the shop rotations, all that was being done unsettled, and in hurry.
We took the time to make things how it should have been done since the beginning, a more detailed announcement about the shop rotation and the UX improvements we brought to the shop can be expected to be released soon.

Last point, probably the most important one: game balancing.
We know about the problems that NosWings is currently facing. I want you to understand that we can not fix and handle all your complaints.
That's why we took the decision to create an Insiders team, this team will help us improving NosWings, review our balance changes, and get more structured feedbacks.
Until recently, NosWings only had one server running, now we also got our testing server, which is closed to public and can only be accessed by chosen few, and it will be helping us test new changes before release.
I would like to remind people that we are not game professionals, however, we work every day to improve our way of work and to keep improving this project.
Many people thought that we completely ignored the suggestions you guys have been suggesting, we did not, and will never do that. You just have to understand that, even though we try our best, we were not prepared to handle that much suggestions/comments in a very short time, and thus, it was affecting the review process. We recently took the time to review a lot of our internall processes, and will continue to improve it.

Thank you for supporting our work,
NosWings Team
Thanks
7 Users
Old 06/17/2021, 12:59   #468

Credit where credit is due - this does make me more confident for the future of the server.
I am glad you apologized for it.
It would have been better to get this out sooner, and I would have liked to hear something along the lines of "I will never boost a player again", but it is how it is.
At least there is some meaningful communication.
Now maybe get Nico to make videos again?
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/19/2021, 15:04   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravos View Post
I am going to copy our latest discord announcement.

It has been a long time since we made such an announcement.

Firstly, we would like to make a statement about the "upgrade bug" that affected some people.
The thing is some people had 5% more chance to upgrade their stuff under unusual circumstances, which affected mainly some upgrade tries on a certain channel. The bug was not global and it did get fixed in a short time, some lucky people had that chance and upgraded their stuff to +9 and +10 with it, because these are the ones that could satisfy these weird scenarios that caused the bug.
We lacked reaction speed, that's a fact and we can not deny it. We can only apologize for it. Our main concern was to put the server online as soon as possible, sadly, checking who is affected by a bug is not an easy task, it could take several hours, especially when the bug is tricky and was spotted so late in the day.
Affected people weren't as many as people said recently in the chat.
3 people got affected on upgrading stuffs to +10, and 13 people got affected upgrading their stuff to +9. We got the exact list of affected people. They will get their stuff reverted, and the materials used for upgrade completely refunded. This is a late answer, but we believe that it's a fair one.

Secondly, I wanted to make things clear about the "Blowa is boosting people" rumor that has spread recently among the community.
To make things clear, it started when a player (Pitt) just said in-game that he was really unlucky about upgrading his SP. He had made hundreds of tries to get his +14, in fact, he also said he was getting his budget to upgrade from NWC.
After I got aware of the amount of tries, 115, I felt bad for him spending all that money and get really unlucky. I decided to try by myself to get the upgrade, much faster, since because I can use no delay as an admin. I succeed to put his SP not just to +14, but also to +15, then I reverted it to +14. I gave him the SP back as +14, in front of everyone. I had nothing to hide, and I still have nothing to hide. After some justified complaints from players, I reverted Pitt's SP to +13 and admitted my fault.
That was my fault. Instead of being generous towards him only, I should have brought something that would be fairly generous for everyone.
This is where the Upgrade Pity System is introduced.

You're already familiar with the pity system from our random boxes. It is for ensuring that even the unluckiest players get to succeed after a certain amount of tries. The same now will apply with SP and equipment upgrades. The pity counters are balanced in a way that only less than unluckiest 5% of people will need it. For example, upgrading your SP to +10 has a success rate of 20%. Based on this rate, we set its pity counter to 15. This means that while 96 out of 100 people can already manage to upgrade their SP to +10 with less than 15 attempts, the pity system will save the other 4 people from losing more money than they already have. Remember that this rate is never above 5%, and it only saves those who have spent a LOT of resources on a single upgrade, much more than an average player would have. This pity system will also be for all upgrade levels, and just for really low chance ones. This update is retroactive, meaning that if you had enough fails on an upgrade in the past, you can open a ticket about it and we will upgrade that item for you.

The pity system will have the following values:

Thirdly, we wanted to apologize for our recent lack of transparency.
A lot of different things happened, and as most of you already know, our IRL goes first, and we didn't have enough time to focus on the project. (Especially me, so you can blame me for that.)
NosWings has always been transparent, it's a part of our culture, and it will stay like that.
Being transparent also means that we need to make things clear about our ambition, we will publicly disclose our roadmap in the following days, so you guys understand what we are working on, and what you can expect in the near future.
Also, we wanted to do a survey, to understand better what our community expects from our project. It would be unrealistic to say that NosWings is the perfect server that suits for everyone, however, we are confident to say that NosWings has an amazing potential, is already outstanding, and we can continue improving it to continue expanding our community.
Transparency is also important with the maintenances and the shop rotations, all that was being done unsettled, and in hurry.
We took the time to make things how it should have been done since the beginning, a more detailed announcement about the shop rotation and the UX improvements we brought to the shop can be expected to be released soon.

Last point, probably the most important one: game balancing.
We know about the problems that NosWings is currently facing. I want you to understand that we can not fix and handle all your complaints.
That's why we took the decision to create an Insiders team, this team will help us improving NosWings, review our balance changes, and get more structured feedbacks.
Until recently, NosWings only had one server running, now we also got our testing server, which is closed to public and can only be accessed by chosen few, and it will be helping us test new changes before release.
I would like to remind people that we are not game professionals, however, we work every day to improve our way of work and to keep improving this project.
Many people thought that we completely ignored the suggestions you guys have been suggesting, we did not, and will never do that. You just have to understand that, even though we try our best, we were not prepared to handle that much suggestions/comments in a very short time, and thus, it was affecting the review process. We recently took the time to review a lot of our internall processes, and will continue to improve it.

Thank you for supporting our work,
NosWings Team
There is so much wrong stuff here I don't even know how you can post this and think it'll solve anything so far.

1)I'm no expert when it comes to MMO management, but one thing I know : a bad, quick answer will always be better than a "late but fair" type of answer. Why ? Cause you can always listen to feedback and fix it ASAP (take PoE for example, they make changes everytime, often based on community feedback, they push changes even if they are bad so they can improve). Not answering fast an issue affecting gameplay is a red flag to me.

2)On every game I played, if a player was caught being boosted by an admin (which is the case), they get their account wiped. Or banned. Since one player got away with being boosted, it is safe to assume others might have received the same treatment behind the curtains.
Also your "pity system" is horrible. Even on official servers, there is no way in hell you will reach 100 fails for +14 and 300 for +15. The most unlucky guy I met got his +15 at 150 fails. And for equipment... 600 for +10 ? LOL You could make your whole set +10 with 600 tries. Unless... You edited the rates and not for the better. I'll assume you did considering you jump from 60 to 300 to 600.

3)That's the biggest issue IMO. Reflects poor management. You don't say anything, especially on zeref being a first-class homophobe. You don't take action, you brush it under the carpet. Simply put : you don't care as long the money flows. And now the money stops flowing, you go full damage control to make up for the accumulating mistakes. Typical of greedy companies to say "we're sorry" after screwing over customers, in hopes to get them to spend more soon enough. That's how I understand it, especially when you bring up the shop at the end of the part.

4)tl;dr : sorry we don't know what we're doing so we did nothing. Get a7.2 out before attempting to balance stuff.

I still had hopes for your server, but your attempt at damage control just wiped them.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/20/2021, 00:39   #470

Less players on the server everyday... I feel discouraged to play.
If you need help pm me
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/22/2021, 22:53   #471

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxst! View Post
Funny thing about money is, blowa was trying to lie and say that the money he receives doesn't go in his own pocket but goes back into the server, so then he was asked, if you make $10,000 in 1 month (which is quite possible considering 1 player spends in the thousands), what happens with the left over money?
To be fair, even if he's taking all the money, the hours spend to create this project could never be covered no matter how much he's putting in his own pocket. Their Teams is full of competent developers. If they'd have worked as freelancer or whatever instead of coding the source, they'd have gotten 5x the money.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/23/2021, 12:54   #472

elite*gold: 150
#closed
Thanks
15 Users
Closed Thread

Tags
best nostale source, nostale private server, nostale server, noswings