Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > .NET Languages
You last visited: Today at 14:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Screenshot problem

Discussion on Screenshot problem within the .NET Languages forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Screenshot problem

Hi,

How the **** do I adjust screenshot? Or should I ask why is this not working?

I am trying to use a simple screenshot function:

Code:
Private Function take_screenshot(ByVal X As Integer, ByVal Y As Integer, ByVal Width As Integer, ByVal Height As Integer)
        Dim Img As New Bitmap(Width, Height)
        Dim g As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(Img)
        g.CopyFromScreen(X, Y, 0, 0, Img.Size)
        g.Dispose()

Return Img
    End Function
The goal is to make a small screenshot (< 50 x 50 pixels) of spesific area. To test this I have set global hotkey to take a screenshot and then show it in picturebox:

Code:
PictureBox1.Image = take_screenshot(Cursor.Position.X, Cursor.Position.Y, 100, 100)
However this does not take screenshot in the area I want to :O

With more testing I tried to capture full screen and the result can be found in (also attachements but there much smaller)
How to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screens.jpg (19.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 12/20/2016, 14:51   #2

elite*gold: 238
Received Thanks: 1,164
You can try to take the fullscreen Screenshot and than copy the area you want:
Old 12/20/2016, 19:36   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapc View Post
You can try to take the fullscreen Screenshot and than copy the area you want:
This is not a solution.
Firstly I cannot take a full screen screenshot because it now somehow zooms in and leaves bottom and right parts of the screen out. (see the image in 1st post).

Also full screen screenshot is too slow for what I need. That is the reason the goal is to make small screenshots.