Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 22:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need For Speed Universe [Pre-Alpha]

Discussion on Need For Speed Universe [Pre-Alpha] within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 04/06/2017, 01:44   #16

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation

Another Update: Underground Selection screen finished.

Progression as followed will be in this order:

Underground 1, Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover.

May add tracks from ProStreet and Shift if requested.

If anyone wants their car from any nfs game or mod, please mention this post and I'll add it as soon as i can.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/06/2017, 09:46   #17

So far I'm seeing an UE4 project using EA's logo and assets.

As others have pointed out, the chances of this getting released are very low since you're setting yourself up to being c&d by EA's lawyers.

I suggest you change car names at the very least, and area names too. I'd perform a couple swaps of models and textures, too. (Barriers, for instance, don't have to be yellow, you could make them red or something).

Constructive feedback: the wheels seem to be very weird at least visually in the dev build video.

The car select screen looks great to me, this is one where it isn't obvious you used existing assets.
Old 04/06/2017, 13:16   #18

Not bad for now... You look like good developer. Good luck, ignore others and keep that game in development, it will be great game I know. But, remove EA logo and other things from the game. P.S UE4 is awesome...
Old 04/06/2017, 14:49   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001101 0100010 View Post
3 Reasons why this will fail

1. Developing a hole game will Need a lot of free unpaid time
2. We dont Need another offline game
3. You are using EA Content wich means a final Game will never be released (nobody want to face EA Lawyer Team)

You are using Car manifacture licence withut any rights (this Lawyer Team is even harder then EA)
missing one more reason, this guy doesn't want to make a team and let it opensource to let other developers/designers help.

i'm impressed what this kid done in a month alone in his free time only.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/06/2017, 18:00   #20

@ I think that you should improve NFSW... You have great skills ^^
Old 04/06/2017, 18:02   #21

Everyone, and @, Please read this carefully.

In my opinion, all project are great, just because you have the idea of it.

"The game looks bad, 19' graphics."
Yes, but it's better than much much games.

"The game have bugs, tires look bad, game is bad !"
Alpha. the game is an alpha, and he work alone, so, It's good, and I think he see the tire bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSWORLDLIVESON View Post
Honestly, it looks awful. Transparency issues on the menu and vehicle parts, incomplete texture mapping, low poly cars, etc...

And even then, why are you posting this here? Not only is it hilariously incomplete and unpolished, it has nothing to do with the board's topic.

This board isn't for promoting your fan game. It's for Need for Speed World.
ALPHA, PRE ALPHA FOOTAGE, And it's "Unreal Engine 4" did you expect graphics like Watch Dogs 2, Need For Speed 2015 ??
Bugs, on Need For Speed 2015 you fall down the map, so tire bug is nothing. it's a funny bug.

"This board isn't for promoting your fan game. It's for Need for Speed World."
Well, It's true BUT, the game have Need For Speed World parts.

Next:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001101 0100010 View Post
3 Reasons why this will fail

1. Developing a hole game will Need a lot of free unpaid time
2. We dont Need another offline game
3. You are using EA Content wich means a final Game will never be released (nobody want to face EA Lawyer Team)

You are using Car manifacture licence withut any rights (this Lawyer Team is even harder then EA)
1. It's true, but he is not creating a GTA !

2. WE, nope, YOU ! YOU don't want an offline game but I'm sure they are some guys who like the project.

3. Totally agree with you for the:
"You are using Car manifacture licence withut any rights"
This is dangerous to take Licence without any right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
missing one more reason, this guy doesn't want to make a team and let it opensource to let other developers/designers help.

i'm impressed what this kid done in a month alone in his free time only.
This is true, You are not a professional, and the game look already good for one month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSUniverse View Post
Alright guys, i get it. You don't like me here. Now I will make my leave.

My sole purpose of posting this is because need for speed world is DEAD it's never coming back. Rather you like it or not;

I thought maybe developing a new game proceeding world would be an idea people may want to see, but all i see is complaining. This video in no shape or form is even close to a final product.

Goodbye.
Don't give up ! You are sharing the project, you have the right to not share ! You see these guys ? You see what they say ?

"This is bad, look 19' graphics, it's buggy, omg you are n00b."

Useless Post. Why ? Because it's not helping you.

When you critic something, you critic AND you give solutions.

When you like, you give precision.

The End.

--------------------------

Quote:
If anyone wants their car from any nfs game or mod, please mention this post and I'll add it as soon as i can.
I have a whish List, I will send it when It's done

Good luck @ I'm with you, the project is reallly great, and don't listen the others mad guys. (PS: I'm not insulting nobody)

I will follow this, and be carefull:
You use Lisence without any right, It's really recommand to modify names.
GOOD LUCK !
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/06/2017, 18:08   #22

Quote:

My sole purpose of posting this is because need for speed world is DEAD it's never coming back. Rather you like it or not;

I thought maybe developing a new game proceeding world would be an idea people may want to see, but all i see is complaining. This video in no shape or form is even close to a final product.

Goodbye.
NFSW arent dead... Nilzao its working in it. He released a project only for beta testers for test his server... It work good... You can found the page project in Facebook "Soapbox Race World" ^~^
I think that you and Nilzao should work together... It will be a good alliance ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/06/2017, 22:09   #23

Quote:

Goodbye.
You're pathetic. Instead of taking your anger out on us, find the reason why we disliked it. We don't need people like you disturbing the peace and publishing not-even-close-to-finished unfinished fangames on these boards. This is NFS World (which is actually very close to coming back, thanks to the unbelieveable work of Nilzao and berkay as well as a whole lot more of people).

And if you even WANTED to post your fangame, post it when it is near completion, in about a few years. Honestly, I totally support you on this project (because who doesn't want new games? ). But if this project skyrockets, you'll have EA banging on your door, which you don't want AT ALL. What would be good is that you talk with Nilzao and get into a partership with him, Berkay, World Return, and the rest of the fellas. You can be a HUGE help to them.

Old 04/07/2017, 19:50   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORX50 View Post
What would be good is that you talk with Nilzao and get into a partership with him, Berkay, World Return, and the rest of the fellas. You can be a HUGE help to them.
Nilzao and I have contacted eachother but he seemed more interested in my project. I would be free to help him with the server, if he'd wish. He just needs to contact me again.

I am not making my project opensource for a few reasons. Nilzao's newer versions of his soapbox server are not opensource anymore for the same reason.

If designers or anyone wants to help me with my project, you can contact me on discord at Applez6#7818. If you wish to bug test, I will be uploading builds to this thread later.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/10/2017, 22:43   #25

Exclamation Update

Update:

P.S: I have yet to hear from Nilzao.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/11/2017, 05:47   #26

Quote:
Nilzao and I have contacted eachother but he seemed more interested in my project. I would be free to help him with the server, if he'd wish. He just needs to contact me again.
Sorry, i'm working in some random stuff, i will talk to you later...

Quote:
I am not making my project opensource for a few reasons. Nilzao's newer versions of his soapbox server are not opensource anymore for the same reason.
I don't know your reason, my reason is just about not getting help in code, so why share? to kids start projects saying nfsw will return, reborn, remake, ressurect, re-re-re-re-another project?

Quote:
Update:

P.S: I have yet to hear from Nilzao.
I'm thinking in start a game project using this:

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/11/2017, 10:19   #27

@, libgdx is awesome, I'm using it in my personal project.

NFSUniverse, mad props for getting the multiplayer working. I have tinkered with a UE4 project a couple months ago but had to put it aside due to having compilation problems with a plugin... are you using blueprints or cpp?
Old 04/13/2017, 08:22   #28

Quote:
I don't know your reason, my reason is just about not getting help in code, so why share? to kids start projects saying nfsw will return, reborn, remake, ressurect, re-re-re-re-another project?
Understandable, if you would like to discuss more about it just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaratha View Post
NFSUniverse, mad props for getting the multiplayer working. I have tinkered with a UE4 project a couple months ago but had to put it aside due to having compilation problems with a plugin... are you using blueprints or cpp?
Mostly C++, blueprints leave a lot of empty space when it comes to customizing some things, and in my experience can only take you so far.
Old 04/16/2017, 12:44   #29

Thumbs up

Just can say you @, that if you created that, keep going. Unreal Engine 4 is mooooooore powerfull engine than NFSW engine for sure. If you like map creation and etc, why not think on trying to expand NFSW map??? if you finaly find the way to create more map on the original NFSW map, you could finaly talk with Nilzao and maybe implement in soapbox raceworld¿?¿?¿? (wet dreams, but we cannot touch the original code of NSFW, but we could connect to a custom map on the server maybe? xDDDDD)

Quote:
Sorry, i'm working in some random stuff, i will talk to you later...

I'm thinking in start a game project using this:

waiit...... waitt.....

what???? what are you thinking about Nilzao??? xDDD Android controller backend?? is that a thought that you have to take soapbox to mobile? xD
Old 04/18/2017, 00:57   #30

Post Update 3

New car fully unlocked: Razor [Mustang GT]