Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 12:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Please help in modding NFS World

Discussion on Please help in modding NFS World within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Please help in modding NFS World

Hi everybody! This is my first thread

A few days ago I had a thought that a bunch of cars in the game sounds really inaccurate compared to the real world. Then I found NFS-VltEd and I started fixing a few sounds with success.

BUT I found out that (I assume) every value that the game uses to calculate acceleration and find out which car uses which model is in the files that this app can edit. So the first thing came to my mind was that since the game reads these things from this file we could actually add back the removed cars to the game. (But I have to find a way to modify the files that the editor extracts so I could edit some of the texts and import them back because there are things that this editor blocks me from editing)

Now that we a slight possibility to have extra things in the game the only thing missing is to add these cars or parts to the server so these new things could be accessible. But I don't know how to get the hashes for these to add the to the store or straight to my cars.

Now that I wrote this "little" backstory now we can get to my question:
How can I get the hashes for the new stuff? Do I need something to do with the server or do something with the game? And also do somebody know how to edit these .nfscfg files?

Any help or info would be appreciated

EDIT: I have released my Go check it out if you are interested
Old 06/14/2016, 07:17   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisztriz View Post
So the first thing came to my mind was that since the game reads these things from this file we could actually add back the removed cars to the game. (But I have to find a way to modify the files that the editor extracts so I could edit some of the texts and import them back because there are things that this editor blocks me from editing)
The function for editing this has been locked, just in case if editing these values gone wrong. Btw many people, before you, tried to introduce those old cars into the game ( I presume that you came for the 918 RSR, the Dodge Charger 2013 , the old BMW M3 GTR, the stock Renault Megane and many others ).
Most of all aren't finished / fully working, and the file that permits the display of those models has been cleaned of every beta/non-added cars. The thing that still remains is the PhysicsProfileHash that you can use in the Save editor in the Offline server.
Other tip : try to find a earlier version of the game, when it had the 918 RSR in it. The game does work with it but the Dodge Charger 2013 is bugged.

Quote:
Now that we a slight possibility to have extra things in the game the only thing missing is to add these cars or parts to the server so these new things could be accessible. But I don't know how to get the hashes for these to add the to the store or straight to my cars.
It seems that we will have to wait until the NFS : Modding Toolkit comes out. :/

Quote:
How can I get the hashes for the new stuff? Do I need something to do with the server or do something with the game? And also do somebody know how to edit these .nfscfg files?

Any help or info would be appreciated
You need to edit both. You can't only edit the server. As for the game, it would require a more advanced debugging and cracking to find the right hashes. One thing that I didn't tried is swapping car bodies, I noticed that in the "frontend" section, there is a line related to the car model, if edited correctly, it could be interesting to see what we can come with.

About the nfscfg files, you must import them if you want to edit it. If you can't import them that means only one thing : update the program. The current version is the v.2.1 and that's the only one I use.
Old 06/14/2016, 12:25   #3

if we download the beta we can find these files of the older cars?
Old 06/14/2016, 18:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago5189723 View Post
The function for editing this has been locked, just in case if editing these values gone wrong. Btw many people, before you, tried to introduce those old cars into the game ( I presume that you came for the 918 RSR, the Dodge Charger 2013 , the old BMW M3 GTR, the stock Renault Megane and many others ).
Most of all aren't finished / fully working, and the file that permits the display of those models has been cleaned of every beta/non-added cars. The thing that still remains is the PhysicsProfileHash that you can use in the Save editor in the Offline server.
Other tip : try to find a earlier version of the game, when it had the 918 RSR in it. The game does work with it but the Dodge Charger 2013 is bugged.

It seems that we will have to wait until the NFS : Modding Toolkit comes out. :/

You need to edit both. You can't only edit the server. As for the game, it would require a more advanced debugging and cracking to find the right hashes. One thing that I didn't tried is swapping car bodies, I noticed that in the "frontend" section, there is a line related to the car model, if edited correctly, it could be interesting to see what we can come with.

About the nfscfg files, you must import them if you want to edit it. If you can't import them that means only one thing : update the program. The current version is the v.2.1 and that's the only one I use.
Thanks for the infos Then I will finish my sound mod since I can't add cars. If I'm done with the sounds I will make a trailer for it too and a thread here so people could have normal sounds in the game

I know that the VltEd uses the nfscfg files but I need to edit them without the VltEd so I could import things that I can't edit inside the editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
if we download the beta we can find these files of the older cars?
Well I have the 2010 and 2011 beta and some of these cars are there in the folders. Well mostly the 2011 beta has a few of the missing cars. But I think they will not work in the newer versions. But who knows?
Old 06/14/2016, 19:14   #5

Quote:
I know that the VltEd uses the nfscfg files but I need to edit them without the VltEd so I could import things that I can't edit inside the editor
What kind of entries you want to edit? Also, if you somehow manage to edit (or even add) something in the nfscfg file that doesn't exist in VltEd as an entry it will just say that the file is corrupted and won't load.

Quote:
Well I have the 2010 and 2011 beta and some of these cars are there in the folders. Well mostly the 2011 beta has a few of the missing cars. But I think they will not work in the newer versions. But who knows?
Tried already. I already released something so you can try the Porsche 918 RSR (The Charger crashes the game 99/100 times, managed to load it once and instead of taking pics, I rushed in free roam...) but that's it, just replaced a couple of files from an older game build. I also got all folders from the removed cars but without file editing they can't be restored. If you replace their PhysicsProfileHash (for some reason they exist in the latest game build) it will just give a police cruiser with no doors (lol) in garage and a blue VW R32 in free roam.

Looking forward to your sound mod, as that recycled sound thing that many cars have in NFSW really ruined the game back in it's online days.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/14/2016, 22:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdk View Post
What kind of entries you want to edit? Also, if you somehow manage to edit (or even add) something in the nfscfg file that doesn't exist in VltEd as an entry it will just say that the file is corrupted and won't load.
Well I've edited the 0x9aed4ffe (engine sound) and 0xb3186761 (exhaust sound) inside caraudio for some of the cars. These are the main sound "packs". For example: for the Focus RS (which have a 5-cyl volvo engine IRL) I replaced the mit_evo9_a_eng in 0x9aed4ffe to dod_vip_f_eng inside the focusst folder. Now the engine sounds Viper-ish I have to replace the exhaust too but without "_eng". And I'm trying with different sounds and watching videos on youtube to get a matched sound. It's really easy but it's really time consuming.

Quote:
Tried already. I already released something so you can try the Porsche 918 RSR (The Charger crashes the game 99/100 times, managed to load it once and instead of taking pics, I rushed in free roam...) but that's it, just replaced a couple of files from an older game build. I also got all folders from the removed cars but without file editing they can't be restored. If you replace their PhysicsProfileHash (for some reason they exist in the latest game build) it will just give a police cruiser with no doors (lol) in garage and a blue VW R32 in free roam.

Looking forward to your sound mod, as that recycled sound thing that many cars have in NFSW really ruined the game back in it's online days.
Thanks I'm trying my best And I will take a look at that BTW some people really don't care about the sounds but I'm trying to make the game a bit better with this simple mod And I'm using my creativity too like when some car is maxed they have a "bigger" engine's sound like when you do an engine swap. Here's a
of the Focus The video is a bit quiet sorry :\
Old 06/15/2016, 00:50   #7

I was creating a mod With similar performance to reality incluiding "sounds reals". Just as some people have my confidence and a video of They did my project, in all I have edited almost 45 cars of 250. With This, I dont know if I Should return my project. If you want send me a PM... maybe we can work together... but my english no is good because I speak spanish.
Old 06/15/2016, 01:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZ2 View Post
I was creating a mod With similar performance to reality incluiding "sounds reals". Just as some people have my confidence and a video of They did my project, in all I have edited almost 45 cars of 250. With This, I dont know if I Should return my project. If you want send me a PM... maybe we can work together... but my english no is good because I speak spanish.
Nice I don't know how much cars I fixed to be honest. But it's a bit caotic Maybe we could help eachother. I'll send you a pm later when I'm going to edit again And don't worry my english isn't perfect too since my mother language is hungarian.
Old 06/15/2016, 10:50   #9

Quote:
Well I've edited the 0x9aed4ffe (engine sound) and 0xb3186761 (exhaust sound) inside caraudio for some of the cars. These are the main sound "packs". For example: for the Focus RS (which have a 5-cyl volvo engine IRL) I replaced the mit_evo9_a_eng in 0x9aed4ffe to dod_vip_f_eng inside the focusst folder. Now the engine sounds Viper-ish I have to replace the exhaust too but without "_eng". And I'm trying with different sounds and watching videos on youtube to get a matched sound. It's really easy but it's really time consuming.

Thanks I'm trying my best And I will take a look at that BTW some people really don't care about the sounds but I'm trying to make the game a bit better with this simple mod And I'm using my creativity too like when some car is maxed they have a "bigger" engine's sound like when you do an engine swap. Here's a
of the Focus The video is a bit quiet sorry :\
From what I saw, all these values can easily be edited. What I originally asked is what you want to edit outside the editor and import as a nfscfg file. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06/15/2016, 16:07   #10

elite*gold: 100
Wow, it looks like I wasn't the only one who was working on fixing sounds of cars, that's a very good thing, you have my support

I've been also fixing sounds, wheel positions and drivetrains of some cars for some time now, and I'm still far from finishing everything hehe.
I will leave my attributes.bin here for you, use it how you want. I know I should have done a nfscfg file, but I don't have much time for that now, sorry.
Here's a quick list of what it is in my attributes.bin:

1.-Changed quite a bunch of car sounds, some I watched videos of real ones to change them, like R8 V10, SLR, Golf R32, Audi A3, almost all BMW cars, FORD GT modern, jaguars, some lamborghinis; and some to my personal taste, like the Cobalt (now the stock sound is the tuned sound), the Alfa Romeo, some Porsches, the R8 V8 when tuned (I brought back its beta sound), the RTRX, some Dodges and the Corvettes. There are more I've changed, but I don't remember now, sorry about that.
(The most difficult ones for me have been M3 E30 and Bentley GT, I had trouble finding nice sounds for them)

2.- Miscellaneous (it's sort of offtopic yes, but since I will upload the whole attributes.bin I want you to know other things I've added or fixed):

-Strong nos for all cars included.

-Fixed wheel positions for one of Mazda MX5 bodykit, Cop Corvettes and Cop Cross. I also changed wheel size of Cop Pontiac GTOs to match the Vauxhall Monaro wheel size.

- Fixed drivetrains for the following cars: Panamera Turbo is now AWD and the Scirocco is FWD as they should have been. Also fixed the bug where the Chevrolet Cobalt SS became RWD when tuned, now it's a proper FWD car.

- There's a hidden "player_cop_gto", which it's a leftover from the corvette cop used in NFS Carbon online. I swapped the body to what It should have been according to the name, a cop pontiac gto.

- I also swapped the bodies of some cop cars for my own amusement, now the Undercover Cop GTO replaces the dark grey muscle cops in Team Escapes like "Underground" and Cop Cross the normal corvettes in tier 3 team escapes.

- More things I probably forgot to mention.

-EDIT.: I updated the file, please check page 2
Attached Files
File Type: zip attributes.zip (652.6 KB, 34 views)
Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/15/2016, 16:28   #11

Quote:
I've been also fixing sounds, wheel positions and drivetrains of some cars for some time now, and I'm still far from finishing everything hehe.
I will leave my attributes.bin here for you, use it how you want. I know I should have done a nfscfg file, but I don't have much time for that now, sorry.
Here's a quick list of what it is in my attributes.bin:

1.-Changed quite a bunch of car sounds, some I watched videos of real ones to change them, like R8 V10, SLR, Golf R32, Audi A3, almost all BMW cars, FORD GT modern, jaguars, some lamborghinis; and some to my personal taste, like the Cobalt (now the stock sound is the tuned sound), the Alfa Romeo, some Porsches, the R8 V8 when tuned (I brought back its beta sound), the RTRX, some Dodges and the Corvettes. There are more I've changed, but I don't remember now, sorry about that.
(The most difficult ones for me have been M3 E30 and Bentley GT, I had trouble finding nice sounds for them)
Sweet! I will certainly use that!

Quote:
-Fixed wheel positions for one of Mazda MX5 bodykit, Cop Corvettes and Cop Cross. I also changed wheel size of Cop Pontiac GTOs to match the Vauxhall Monaro wheel size.

- Fixed drivetrains for the following cars: Panamera Turbo is now AWD and the Scirocco is FWD as they should have been. Also fixed the bug where the Chevrolet Cobalt SS became RWD when tuned, now it's a proper FWD car.
I was never aware of these, good job

Quote:
- There's a hidden "player_cop_gto", which it's a leftover from the corvette cop used in NFS Carbon online. I swapped the body to what It should have been according to the name, a cop pontiac gto.
This confirmed my thought/way to change car models, thank you.

Quote:
- I also swapped the bodies of some cop cars for my own amusement, now the Undercover Cop GTO replaces the dark grey muscle cops in Team Escapes like "Underground" and Cop Cross the normal corvettes in tier 3 team escapes.
Any short tut for that? I tried that sometime ago, failed miserably. I'm looking at the bin file now but didn't seem to find anything with a quick scan.

And if you actually manage to make a nfscfg file for every "mod" that would be sweet! I would use your bin but I already have a ton of stuff in there...
Personally I would use the sounds and that car fixes, nothing else.

Keep up the good work
Old 06/15/2016, 17:16   #12

@: Wow, great man. A very big "thanks" to you. Really awesome sounds. Can't believe that this is possible.
Old 06/15/2016, 18:16   #13

Quote:
From what I saw, all these values can easily be edited. What I originally asked is what you want to edit outside the editor and import as a nfscfg file. Hope that makes sense.
Oh sorry I was really tired XD I tried to go to acu_integ_a in engineaudio_ng and edit the value under tmx_filename but it's grayed out and it doesn't letting me to type in anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparki999 View Post
Wow, it looks like I wasn't the only one who was working on fixing sounds of cars, that's a very good thing, you have my support
I didn't even thought that there were people that are doing this before I started my mod You did some really good job
But I will stick to my own mod since I worked so much on this Plus I want the cars in my mod to stay at the original performance

And I have a question to all of you guys: do you know what value should I edit to make a car much more "revvy"? Because I found the perfect sound for a car but it sounds like it's redline is at 5000 rpm :\

Oh and one more thing guys. Do you know any hack or cheat that can record my car's movement? I need this to make a trailer video That way I could control the camera with camera hack while my car is moving.
Old 06/15/2016, 18:48   #14

Quote:
Oh sorry I was really tired XD I tried to go to acu_integ_a in engineaudio_ng and edit the value under tmx_filename but it's grayed out and it doesn't letting me to type in anything.
Depending on what you want to change it, you can change the Hash32 and the Offset entries. If done correctly, once you reload the editor the value you want will change. This way you replace the value with any other value on the engineaudio_ng folder. So you can replace the acu_integ_a hashes from the ast_db9_a for example and both of them will have the same values. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06/15/2016, 20:12   #15

Quote:
Depending on what you want to change it, you can change the Hash32 and the Offset entries. If done correctly, once you reload the editor the value you want will change. This way you replace the value with any other value on the engineaudio_ng folder. So you can replace the acu_integ_a hashes from the ast_db9_a for example and both of them will have the same values. Hope that makes sense.
Now I understand it But the only problem I have now is that I don't know the hashes for these XD Because I thought I could add old sound files from the beta and replace the values for them in useless souds which are not working in this version. But if I add a sound I will not know the hash for it.

Tags
modding, nfsw