Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 00:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Please help in modding NFS World

Discussion on Please help in modding NFS World within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 06/15/2016, 20:39   #16

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdk View Post

Sparki999 said:
- I also swapped the bodies of some cop cars for my own amusement, now the Undercover Cop GTO replaces the dark grey muscle cops in Team Escapes like "Underground" and Cop Cross the normal corvettes in tier 3 team escapes.

Any short tut for that? I tried that sometime ago, failed miserably. I'm looking at the bin file now but didn't seem to find anything with a quick scan.

And if you actually manage to make a nfscfg file for every "mod" that would be sweet! I would use your bin but I already have a ton of stuff in there...
Personally I would use the sounds and that car fixes, nothing else.

Keep up the good work
I will help you @, it works this way:
1.- Open VLT-Edit, then go to "pvehicle"

2.-

Look for the car you want to change, for example I will show you how I replaced the muscle cars from tier 4 team escapes, changing them to undercover gtos. These are named "copcarmus08gh_escape" and "copgtoghost".

3.-

Here comes the critical part, look for "copgtoghost" (or the car you're going to replace the other with), go to "MODEL" and then copy both the values in "Hash32" and "Offset", nothing else.

4.- Finally, go to "copcarmus08gh_escape" (car to be replaced), then MODEL and then paste both values in their correspondent offsets. Click save and you're done.

5.- That's it, here are images of the results

But don't worry, in case you have trouble, I have done a .nfscfg for this mod, wheel fixes and drivetrain fix ones, all of this was quicker to do than I expected hehe . The problem is doing a .nfscfg for the sound mod, it will take me a lot of time since I changed quite a lot of sounds and I don't have that much free time now for that.

Fixed MX5 body:
Attached Files
File Type: zip My own fixes and changes for NFS World with VLT ed.zip (1.9 KB, 20 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/15/2016, 21:06   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisztriz View Post

I didn't even thought that there were people that are doing this before I started my mod You did some really good job
But I will stick to my own mod since I worked so much on this Plus I want the cars in my mod to stay at the original performance

And I have a question to all of you guys: do you know what value should I edit to make a car much more "revvy"? Because I found the perfect sound for a car but it sounds like it's redline is at 5000 rpm :\

Oh and one more thing guys. Do you know any hack or cheat that can record my car's movement? I need this to make a trailer video That way I could control the camera with camera hack while my car is moving.
I understand you don't want to replace your hard worked files, it's completely fine and I would do the same . You can use my attributes.bin to see what sound offsets I've used and to compare them with yours for example, without replacing your files (using the 1.1 version of VLT-Ed.).

About your first question, it's something related to how the game uses the pitch of the sound offsets. I mean, it's possible to lower the pitch of a sound offset with another which is lower, but I couldn't increase the pitch of that sound because the game chooses the lower one always.

For example, we want to increase the pitch of the sound "toy_supra_a", which is a high pitched sound, and "nis_sky_a" is a little bit higher pitched, so it would be perfect. However, when we put both sounds in the same car with VLT ED, the game then uses both but always chooses the lower pitched one, so the result is a mix of "nis_sky_a" with the pitch of the "toy_supra_a".

I hope I explained that well, I admit that is kind of difficult to understand, my english is not that advanced sorry

About the second, I don't know, maybe the GMZ hack which has a "drunk driver" (your car driven by IA) option could be useful to you
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2016, 21:09   #18

elite*gold: 0
@ Do you have any idea on how to make customized ai cars? Like when I join a race it's so boring to see those stock cars as opponents XD I wouldn't mind if any car has only one option so every Scirocco for example would look totally same but they could have some bodykit and vinyls even if it's the same for all of them. Or something like random colours for the opponents It would be so great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparki999 View Post
I understand you don't want to replace your hard worked files, it's completely fine and I would do the same . You can use my attributes.bin to see what sound offsets I've used and to compare them with yours for example, without replacing your files (using the 1.1 version of VLT-Ed.).

About your question, it's something related to how the game uses the pitch of the sound offsets. I mean, it's possible to lower the pitch of a sound offset with another which is lower, but I couldn't increase the pitch of that sound because the game chooses the lower one always.

For example, we want to increase the pitch of the sound "toy_supra_a", which is a high pitched sound, and "nis_sky_a" is a little bit higher pitched, so it would be perfect. However, when we put both sounds in the same car with VLT ED, the game then uses both but always chooses the lower pitched one, so the result is a mix of "nis_sky_a" with the pitch of the "toy_supra_a".

I hope I explained that well, I admit that is kind of difficult to understand, my english is not that advanced sorry
Oh you made this post before mine LOL Anyways thanks I will compare the two to see the difference And I know that the game mixes the sounds but I was curious if I could make them sound a bit higher Thanks for the infos And your english is fine

Quote:
About the second, I don't know, maybe the GMZ hack which has a "drunk driver" (your car driven by IA) option could be useful to you
I will try that maybe that could help Oh I remember in the old days on my unused profile I trolled my friend so much with that drunk driver XD Good times
Old 06/15/2016, 21:41   #19

Quote:
Do you have any idea on how to make customized ai cars? Like when I join a race it's so boring to see those stock cars as opponents XD I wouldn't mind if any car has only one option so every Scirocco for example would look totally same but they could have some bodykit and vinyls even if it's the same for all of them. Or something like random colours for the opponents It would be so great

Oh you made this post before mine LOL Anyways thanks I will compare the two to see the difference And I know that the game mixes the sounds but I was curious if I could make them sound a bit higher Thanks for the infos And your english is fine
You're welcome, I'm glad you understood that hehe, the game just prefers the lower pitched sounds when it mixes them, I'm sure that with programming skills that could be changed.
About that question, I tried that already long time ago changing one offset I don't remember the name, but turned out to be a leftover unused offset from nfs carbon, so nothing happened. I don't know how to do that for ai racers, but if you replace traffic cars with normal ones from the game ("trafficpattern"->"default"->"vehicles) that idea you posted should work, at least for traffic cars. But I didn't test that.

Quote:
I will try that maybe that could help Oh I remember in the old days on my unused profile I trolled my friend so much with that drunk driver XD Good times
Hehehe, I also remember using that with traffic cars and IA Cops, so much fun bumping and flying around XD
Old 06/15/2016, 22:13   #20

I tried the gmz hack and it does work as I needed but the only problem is that when I go to the camera the tires are making those sounds when you are breaking XD Do you know what should I modify to get rid of the entire sound effect? If I could turn the tire volume down that would work fine for me and I could make my video I just need that temporarily

Quote:
I don't know how to do that for ai racers, but if you replace traffic cars with normal ones from the game ("trafficpattern"->"default"->"vehicles) that idea you posted should work, at least for traffic cars. But I didn't test that.
Oh I will try this This sounds fun ^^
Old 06/19/2016, 23:36   #21

Quote:
Wow, it looks like I wasn't the only one who was working on fixing sounds of cars, that's a very good thing, you have my support

I've been also fixing sounds, wheel positions and drivetrains of some cars for some time now, and I'm still far from finishing everything hehe.
I will leave my attributes.bin here for you, use it how you want. I know I should have done a nfscfg file, but I don't have much time for that now, sorry.
Here's a quick list of what it is in my attributes.bin:

1.-Changed quite a bunch of car sounds, some I watched videos of real ones to change them, like R8 V10, SLR, Golf R32, Audi A3, almost all BMW cars, FORD GT modern, jaguars, some lamborghinis; and some to my personal taste, like the Cobalt (now the stock sound is the tuned sound), the Alfa Romeo, some Porsches, the R8 V8 when tuned (I brought back its beta sound), the RTRX, some Dodges and the Corvettes. There are more I've changed, but I don't remember now, sorry about that.
(The most difficult ones for me have been M3 E30 and Bentley GT, I had trouble finding nice sounds for them)

2.- Miscellaneous (it's sort of offtopic yes, but since I will upload the whole attributes.bin I want you to know other things I've added or fixed):

-Strong nos for all cars included.

-Fixed wheel positions for one of Mazda MX5 bodykit, Cop Corvettes and Cop Cross. I also changed wheel size of Cop Pontiac GTOs to match the Vauxhall Monaro wheel size.

- Fixed drivetrains for the following cars: Panamera Turbo is now AWD and the Scirocco is FWD as they should have been. Also fixed the bug where the Chevrolet Cobalt SS became RWD when tuned, now it's a proper FWD car.

- There's a hidden "player_cop_gto", which it's a leftover from the corvette cop used in NFS Carbon online. I swapped the body to what It should have been according to the name, a cop pontiac gto.

- I also swapped the bodies of some cop cars for my own amusement, now the Undercover Cop GTO replaces the dark grey muscle cops in Team Escapes like "Underground" and Cop Cross the normal corvettes in tier 3 team escapes.

- More things I probably forgot to mention.
Hey dude, countach sound is wrong... No sound :I
Old 06/20/2016, 22:19   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero215 View Post
Hey dude, countach sound is wrong... No sound :I
Thank you for noticing It's fixed now. If you want download this attributes.bin I just uploaded, I changed some sounds for a couple of cars more, like the golf mk1 and scion TC. Be aware that this is a work in progress and that, when I finish it, it will be converted into a .nfscfg file for you not to lose your previous modifications on these files

-Miscellaneous things I added:
There's a hidden drivable cop, called "copcharger" ( the physicsprofilehash is: 3360673018 if you want to have it in your persona, it can also be driven with Vitaycv car changer) that has asigned a body which doesn't exist.
Since there are already drivable versions for the Tier 1 cop charger ("player_cop"), for the Tier 5 cop corvette ("player_cop_corvette"), for both RHINOs thanks to my file (heavy RHINO is "player_cop_suv" and light RHINO is "cop_copsuv") and for Team escapes Pontiac GTO also did by myself (it is the "player_cop_gto", check physicsprofilehash:2500824978), there's just one missing cop car which hasn't any drivable version, without counting the undercover variants.
It is the COPCARMUS08, the Tier 3 generic muscle cop, and I used its body for the "copcharger", making it a useful drivable car. The handling is among the worst ones though but now every cop has a drivable version if you use my file
Attached Files
File Type: zip attributes.zip (652.6 KB, 14 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/22/2016, 03:18   #23

Quote:
Thank you for noticing It's fixed now. If you want download this attributes.bin I just uploaded, I changed some sounds for a couple of cars more, like the golf mk1 and scion TC. Be aware that this is a work in progress and that, when I finish it, it will be converted into a .nfscfg file for you not to lose your previous modifications on these files

-Miscellaneous things I added:
There's a hidden drivable cop, called "copcharger" ( the physicsprofilehash is: 3360673018 if you want to have it in your persona, it can also be driven with Vitaycv car changer) that has asigned a body which doesn't exist.
Since there are already drivable versions for the Tier 1 cop charger ("player_cop"), for the Tier 5 cop corvette ("player_cop_corvette"), for both RHINOs thanks to my file (heavy RHINO is "player_cop_suv" and light RHINO is "cop_copsuv") and for Team escapes Pontiac GTO also did by myself (it is the "player_cop_gto", check physicsprofilehash:2500824978), there's just one missing cop car which hasn't any drivable version, without counting the undercover variants.
It is the COPCARMUS08, the Tier 3 generic muscle cop, and I used its body for the "copcharger", making it a useful drivable car. The handling is among the worst ones though but now every cop has a drivable version if you use my file
Thanks , another question; this version works in lan server?
Old 06/22/2016, 09:57   #24

Drivable cop cars sound awesome, are they destructible or not?
Old 06/22/2016, 10:04   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero215 View Post
Thanks , another question; this version works in lan server?
This is just a file from the GLOBAL folder from the latest version of the game. It should work fine with that server, but I suggest you that both players download this file to get the same experience (but most impotantly because the strong nos for all cars is included).
Still, when i'm finished with sounds for all cars you will have each separated mod in .nfscfg so you can choose what you want to install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaratha View Post
Drivable cop cars sound awesome, are they destructible or not?
The drivable cop cars work the same as the drivable cops in nfs carbon and mw05 (you can damage them if you put "visual damage" option on but they cannot be disabled in any way). Except for one car: cop_copsuv. This car can be disabled after some strong crashes, just like the normal AI Rhino, but the most curious thing is that it has working stats, its performance can be modified and it has working sounds for when it is stock and modified, just like every other playable car. It is really interesting as it combines features from AI and playable cars at the same time . There are some downsides though, the stock top speed is low (226 kmh) and the handling is sluggish.
I will put the Physicsprofilehash later if you want to have it in your persona
EDIT.: That hash is: 2705562036
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/23/2016, 00:07   #26

Quote:
This car can be disabled after some strong crashes, just like the normal AI Rhino
I tried that rhino and it's really weird that it doesn't let you move after some crashes LOL
Old 06/23/2016, 19:47   #27

Quote:
I tried that rhino and it's really weird that it doesn't let you move after some crashes LOL
Yes, that's the weirdest thing of it. It just disables as an AI cop car, but not visually. Definetly one of its kind
Thanks
1 User

Tags
modding, nfsw