Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 05:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SoapBox standalone installer 1.0.0

Discussion on SoapBox standalone installer 1.0.0 within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cool SoapBox standalone installer 1.0.0

Just download and install

This version have all-in-one package.

Installer create 2 icons in your desktop.

Get ip address automatically (fixed for who is behind router).

Need soapbox.exe and create the sortcuts with parameters:

use ipv4.

for player 1:
soapbox.exe US http://127.0.0.1:1337/soapbox/ a 1

for player 2:
soapbox.exe US http://127.0.0.1:1337/soapbox/ a 2

soapbox.exe
Thanks
22 Users
Old 06/04/2016, 06:59   #2

Where can I get soapbox.exe? Sorry if this was asked before
Old 06/04/2016, 11:04   #3

Updated with soapbox.exe link
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/04/2016, 11:14   #4

Ahh, I already found it somewhere else, But thank you very much! ^_^ Love your work!
Old 06/04/2016, 11:54   #5

I will test it when I arrive home!

Any suggestions for improve the sync between 2 PCs connected via LAN cable? The last version worked fine, but the lack of sync didnt let us race

As I read in the old thread, opening the additional UDP server in both PCs could help with this?
Old 06/04/2016, 12:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustingorriz View Post
Any suggestions for improve the sync between 2 PCs connected via LAN cable?
No... just two good computers, similar hardware.

Quote:
As I read in the old thread, opening the additional UDP server in both PCs could help with this?
No. Useless open udp server both pcs.

We need a super master udp hacker.

Like this guy:
http://gafferongames.com/
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/04/2016, 12:09   #7

@ but in the mega link there are the same file in the soapox standalone installer topic? if not i can't acces this file because i have the decryption key error. EDIT: I need MY IPv4 In the shortcut? EDITN°2: but when this private server is stable you insert all the features in the installer? i mean economy music achievements ecc
Old 06/04/2016, 14:45   #8

@ Is it possible to modify the UDP server to allow players to see each other in free roam? I imagine it wouldn't be that hard, considering that you got it to work for races.

I got the race thing to work and I was able to see my other car moving during the race. Pretty cool!
Old 06/04/2016, 15:01   #9

Allright. I just checked the LAN-connection and I can race with another player (via LAN only). This works. Just make sure to have 2 PC's or PC/Laptop with nearly the same specs. I will make more tests later this day.

About the connction to someone else (e.g. in another land), I just don't know, how other players made this to work.
Old 06/04/2016, 15:28   #10

Hmm, this is really weird. If I'm in an event, I can see the other player, and chat works. If I'm in freeroam, I can't see anyone else, the map doesn't show anyone else, and chat doesn't work.
@ Any plans to fix this in the future?
Old 06/04/2016, 15:55   #11

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorblx View Post
Hmm, this is really weird. If I'm in an event, I can see the other player, and chat works. If I'm in freeroam, I can't see anyone else, the map doesn't show anyone else, and chat doesn't work.
Really want freeroam UDP? Then crack the UDP freeroam packets, they were released publicly by Nilzao a few months ago. When you're done, tell us and we will push it in the repo. /s

There is a reason it took him about a year to be able to do 2players only racing. If you think it's easy, go ahead, we will be waiting eagerly.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/04/2016, 16:04   #12

ok guys i've found the problem of my ip... i get the lost connection or the server error code because when i ping in cmd my IP i see i lost all the packets...
Old 06/04/2016, 16:33   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
@ but in the mega link there are the same file in the soapox standalone installer topic?
Not the same file, this have ip detection fix, and less console output debug info.

Quote:
[MENTION=6470943]
I need MY IPv4 In the shortcut?
Probably, i never tested with ipv6, some ppl told not working with ipv6.

Quote:
[MENTION=6470943]
but when this private server is stable you insert all the features in the installer? i mean economy music achievements ecc
This server release is stable for what I want, reach udp hackers to easy debug and help.

All other missing features will be made in the master branch, and probably we will never release easy-install-full-compiled-all-in-one files, for who want full features, checkout master branch, compile project, and use launcher.

Quote:
@ Is it possible to modify the UDP server to allow players to see each other in free roam?
Yes, it's possible, or create a new udp project just for freeroam.
Quote:
[MENTION=6470943]
I imagine it wouldn't be that hard, considering that you got it to work for races.
It's "less hard" now, but will have sync problem like the races.

Quote:
I got the race thing to work and I was able to see my other car moving during the race. Pretty cool!
Need to play over LAN, or high speed internet without vpn, and computers need to be almost the same specs (processor, vga card, ram, s.o., etc), and the lobby creator must have lower persona id (it shows up in console when you enter freeroam first time)

Quote:
Hmm, this is really weird. If I'm in an event, I can see the other player, and chat works.
Chat and lobby are inside xmpp server, this version don't have freeroam chat implemented.
Quote:
If I'm in freeroam, I can't see anyone else, the map doesn't show anyone else, and chat doesn't work.
To see freeroam needs a new udp server, nobody did it yet.

Quote:
No, I don't have the skills (yet) to fix all the udp server problems.

Quote:
ok guys i've found the problem of my ip... i get the lost connection or the server error code because when i ping in cmd my IP i see i lost all the packets...
ping have nothing to do with it, ping is just a ICMP packet and can be blocked by firewall, you need to try telnet + port to check if can reach ip+port.
Old 06/06/2016, 11:09   #14

Let me be a little offtopic saying that finally here's my tutorial step by step Its in spanish, but you can follow the steps I do on my desktop easily:

After doing some tests and being answered my questions here, I give some advices while installing, making it even easier. I hope people find it useful!

Thanks very much to @ who told me to wait until the autoinstall version was released and @, who step-by-step guides really helped too
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/06/2016, 12:36   #15

Quote:
Let me be a little offtopic saying that finally here's my tutorial step by step Its in spanish, but you can follow the steps I do on my desktop easily:

After doing some tests and being answered my questions here, I give some advices while installing, making it even easier. I hope people find it useful!

Thanks very much to @ who told me to wait until the autoinstall version was released and @, who step-by-step guides really helped too
Nice job.

Some considerations...

Don't need offline version, just the nfsw game.

Don't need java to run the server it's inside the installer.

Don't need python from offline.

You can choose other path to install.

if you choose regular path, can run with regular user, don't need to be admin.