Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 14:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFSW private server project

Discussion on NFSW private server project within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 07/21/2016, 00:53   #451

elite*gold: 0
nilzao one question: But jdk8, apache maven and mySQL need for COMPILE the github server or it's required for LAUNCHING AND FIX the synch problem of STANDALONE? Because i get the standalone working only with hamachi and the ipv4 in the same network room and idk if i need this 3 programs for launch the standalone better.
Old 07/21/2016, 02:41   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
nilzao one question: But jdk8, apache maven and mySQL need for COMPILE the github server or it's required for LAUNCHING AND FIX the synch problem of STANDALONE? Because i get the standalone working only with hamachi and the ipv4 in the same network room and idk if i need this 3 programs for launch the standalone better.
Jdk8, maven and mysql are only to compile and run the github server. You don't need all this to run standalone version.

The github version have more features, but nothing related to udp races sync.

If you got working on hamashi, you are lucky, sync still a huge problem.

I think the sync problem is related to similar hardware, the actual udp server is too dumb to handle it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/21/2016, 08:57   #453

Just needed to know that do we need the offline version of Berkay to make this work or can we do it with the original Nfsw files? Cuz I still have them.
Old 07/21/2016, 11:26   #454

@ thx for this information, but i think the hardware is not the problem. Because we not have a similar hardware and his connection is more faster than mine, but it works perfectly LOL. I think hamachi fix the fix problem with the ipv4 connection, if we are in the same network room.
Old 07/21/2016, 12:18   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippumanasa View Post
Just needed to know that do we need the offline version of Berkay to make this work or can we do it with the original Nfsw files? Cuz I still have them.
You don't need offline version to run or build github soapbox-race vversion.

Need soapbox.exe (nfsw.exe cracked version) to work multiplayer.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/22/2016, 03:46   #456

Quote:
Turkey
I'm not sure why, but a Turkish based Hamachi server is/was one of the most popular servers for Underground 2 via in game LAN and Hamachi for VPN (server name is/was something like turnuva).

Quote:
UDP
A lot of the older games used P2P during a race. Using Underground 2 in LAN mode as an example, once players joined a lobby and started the first race, the "server" could go away, but that group of players could continue to race, return to the lobby after the race completed, the host could select a new track, and begin another race with all of the players in a lobby, being able to run a series of races without any server involvement.

World could have worked in a similar manner, but EA chose to require a server handshake on every powerup used rather than catching up on these post race, perhaps to make it harder to use powerup hacks. This is why powerup response was sometimes delayed (or completely lost) back when World was running online. Even if powerups are not used, it seems that there was still some server handshaking going on during a race, but I don't know what those other server handshakes are used for.
Old 07/22/2016, 05:40   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstdmy View Post
A lot of the older games used P2P during a race. Using Underground 2 in LAN mode as an example, once players joined a lobby and started the first race, the "server" could go away, but that group of players could continue to race, return to the lobby after the race completed, the host could select a new track, and begin another race with all of the players in a lobby, being able to run a series of races without any server involvement.
Underground2 have embedded server inside the client, so the client is the server, there is a server involvement.
Quote:
World could have worked in a similar manner, but EA chose to require a server handshake on every powerup used rather than catching up on these post race, perhaps to make it harder to use powerup hacks.
Nfs World was 100% online, there is no point in making a embedded server inside the client, too many problems with routes, latency, package loss to handle, central udp server was the best way to do that.
Udp races have nothing to do with these "handshakes".
Quote:
This is why powerup response was sometimes delayed (or completely lost) back when World was running online. Even if powerups are not used, it seems that there was still some server handshaking going on during a race,
Indeed, attempt to avoid hacks and compute -1 powerup inside database.
Quote:
but I don't know what those other server handshakes are used for.
The name handshake is used to the first connection, powerups packets are just validation.

Handshake is just like cli to server:
cli -> Hi server
srv-> Hi client
cli -> can we talk?
srv -> sure, what language?
cli-> english
srv -> ok, credentials?
cli-> username joe, password secret
srv -> ok, handshake done.

We still need udp hackers to help us with the udp server project, nothing to do with the "handshakes".
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/23/2016, 20:26   #458

How those servers will work? Like normal NFS:W ones, where do you creators host servers (like Project Paradise for TDU) and we play on it? Because LAN/Hamachi/Tunngle/whateverothershit wouldn't work so well for me, however if it's also a option then okay... Explanation, please.
Old 08/04/2016, 16:08   #459

Nilzao the server of game will be made just like the Counter Strike server?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2016, 17:31   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlyab View Post
Nilzao the server of game will be made just like the Counter Strike server?
I don't know what that mean.
Old 08/04/2016, 20:57   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
I don't know what that mean.
And you played Counter Strike?
Old 08/04/2016, 21:55   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlyab View Post
And you played Counter Strike?
1.6 and csgo.

I can't understand what you want to bring from counter strike servers to nfsw.
Old 08/05/2016, 08:01   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
I can't understand what you want to bring from counter strike servers to nfsw.
Yes, I thought that the nfs server will be similar to the server from CS, you also makes a team and you drives with them. All right don't think of it. Thanks for your work.
Old 08/05/2016, 21:53   #464

@ NFSW has no concept of "teams", at least not as far as I'm aware. The closest thing is having chat groups and then sticking together with the other people while driving.
Old 08/06/2016, 07:37   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorblx View Post
@ NFSW has no concept of "teams", at least not as far as I'm aware. The closest thing is having chat groups and then sticking together with the other people while driving.
So far the server on 2 pilots is very similar to the server from CS. One player, conditionally telling admin creates game to which another is connected and together drive. If there is no synchronization, then and will remain, can players will it is possible to invite more.