Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleroyBoch
"Therefore we can lay to rest the overall tuning theory, the color tuning theory was correct!"
So you mean the World Garage guide and such were correct?
|
Well, they were not correct (and they differed quite a lot between authors), but they were better than people tuning on basis of the overall/HAT scores.
For instance, LamboGTR recommended the following for Mazda RX-08
R/G engine, R/Y induction, B transmission, B suspension, Y brakes, Y tires
Nexuo recommended
R engine, Y induction, G/R transmission, B suspension, R brakes, R tires
Based on the data, I would recommend:
engine - whichever you want, but is gonna have the most effect on the performance. I don't understand the torque data, but B is for accel, R seems the middle way and G is for top speed
R induction (Y does nothing) - curious, for this car the relationship is exactly the other way round than for the 370z I checked yesterday (h being superior to t and a)
transmission based on what you want (B for accel, R for middle ground, G for top speed)
R suspension (G/B are identical), R brakes (no listing for Y parts suggests they do nothing and G/B are identical), R tires (G/B are identical)
Actually R-R-R seems the way to go for suspension-brakes-tires for all cars (unless you've got a lazybones devs car like 300c, where it matters less)
---
I am going to do some testing today, but everything points to the parent node being untuned, and yellow parts not affecting real performance in any way.
Part stage (street/race/pro/uber/elite) seems not to matter either, based on the data in the database (or rather complete absence of any references to them apart from partcollections, which only refer to HAT). I guess their only function is to increase HAT further, bumping you into higher car classes.
---
So, I picked a VW Scirocco as the test car.
Edited the commerce.bin to make almost all perf parts have 0 influence on H/A/T hence overall. Or at least I tried to, I seem to have missed some entries

The car's overall is 213.
Untuned Scirocco = 211 km/h top
Yellow * engine = 211 km/h top
Green * engine = 213 km/h top
Blue * engine = 211 km/h (but noticeably better acceleration)
Green * engine yellow rarity = 213 km/h top
Yellow *** engine = 211 km/h
Green **** engine = 213 km/h top
EDIT: Actually that 213 km/h seems to have been a dip in the terrain.
B engine, G induction, B transmission, B suspension, B brakes, B tires come out to the same 211 km/h.
Driving is affected, as is gearbox, but top speed remains the same.
When I accidentally used red parts, which retain the HAT effects, the overall went up and so did the top speed.
So to sum up, top speed seems determined by the overall score (as someone theorized when the game was still online)
... But all the rest (gearbox, grip, stiffness) works according to the database entries. Part rarity or stage do not matter when it comes to the performance.
And yellow parts seem to be the ultimate dummies when you take out the HAT=overall=top speed effect.