Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 15:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can offline server be changed to use Java 7?

Discussion on Can offline server be changed to use Java 7? within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Can offline server be changed to use Java 7?

This would allow those few players still using Windows XP to run the offline server, since Win XP can't run Java 8.
Old 07/26/2015, 11:47   #2

berkay already told that he would never do anything for XP even Microsoft doesn't support XP.....
Old 07/26/2015, 11:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev1ous View Post
berkay already told that he would never do anything for XP
OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev1ous View Post
Microsoft doesn't support XP ...
Microsoft still supports XP for corporate customers. They pay a hefty annual fee for this, and the duration is on a case by case situation. For example what to do with over 400,000 ATM machines still running Windows XP? A side benefit of this is that the malicious software removal tool still gets updates for anyone still using Windows XP.
Old 07/26/2015, 13:12   #4

Old Java versions still launch server in Win XP
Old 07/26/2015, 15:00   #5

I run nfswsrv.jar in winxp with java8 no problem just a warning at java8 install.

Or you can compile nfsw.jar with jdk7 + maven.

Build instructions in udp sdk package.

To change compile version, change tags 1.8 versions to 1.7 in pom.xml