Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2
You last visited: Today at 08:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game

Python API and Deallocation

Discussion on Python API and Deallocation within the Metin2 forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Python API and Deallocation

Hi, im courrently making a bot just for fun in C++, althought for sake of compatibility, im calling the CFunctions that the client exports to the python interpreter.
But i can't understand if i need to do Py_DECREF after calling a function, or if there is somesort of garbage collector, i find this Python API a bit confusing.
This is my code:

Are this Py_DECREF really necessary?
And please note that im calling a CFunction not the python function from the interpreter, in those examples im calling these 2 functions:

Thanks in advance

Old 08/01/2019, 18:34   #2

elite*gold: 400
Received Thanks: 6,331
Not sure if this is an option for you: The exported python functions are just wrappers around C++ functions. You could call the inner C++ function instead, then you don't have to handle the unnecessary Python additions.

Old 08/01/2019, 20:54   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4uric3 View Post
Not sure if this is an option for you: The exported python functions are just wrappers around C++ functions. You could call the inner C++ function instead, then you don't have to handle the unnecessary Python additions.
Yes I know, the problem is that I want it to be compatible with most servers without the need to reverse every function again and some servers modify the code of some of those functions. I even have a system in my bot where it first try to search for each function using a pattern, and if not found, uses the python functionif there is one.
And on python documentation, it says nothing about how PyObject are created and deallocated, they just say that buffers need to be manually freed. I just would like to know if there is some connection between the PyObject and the interpreter where it takes care of freeing the PyObject. I just hate this API.

« M2bob | Metin2 Grafikbug nach ca 15 Minuten »