Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Metin2 Patcher coming soon ...

Discussion on New Metin2 Patcher coming soon ... within the Metin2 Private Server forum part of the Metin2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Wink New Metin2 Patcher coming soon ...

Hello everybody.

Today I want to give you some information about my upcoming updater which I want to release in near future.

Current release features:
  • Easy configureable.
  • FTP accessibility.
  • Strong file encryption.
  • Selfupdate function included.
  • Error logging function included.
  • User Interface.
  • (BETA) Metin2.exe Stub.

I think I should explain better some of the points below.

Lets start with "HoTo configure it ?!":

- Well it's really easy. All you need to do is to open an application which is included in download package and put your FTP server information there.

At the end you will get an .xml file which should look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Server>
	<ServerIP>Encrypted</ServerIP>
	<ServerRoot>Encrypted</ServerRoot>
	<ServerList>Encrypted</ServerList>
	<ServerUser>Encrypted</ServerUser>
	<ServerPass>Encrypted</ServerPass>
</Server>
Where

<ServerIP> - Your FTP server address without "ftp://" prefix.
<ServerRoot> - This is your root update folder on your server.
<ServerList> - This is your update list. Here you store all the files you wan to update. This list should be placed in Root folder.
<ServerUser> - Well yah. Your username to FTP server.
<ServerPass> - Your password to FTP server.

Selfupdate function.

- I hope you know what it is. This little program will be embed in main Patcher application and if there is new version out it will run in memory and update main application.

Error logging.
- If something bad happens and Patcher crashes then it will generate a log file. This log file will include some of error information that can be usefull in order to fix this crash problem. This log file wont include any of your PC information or other private things.

Metin2 Stub ?
- Well you may now think: WTF is this ? In order to answer your question I better explain you where its needed. For example you don't want to let players start your client without of starting Patcher first, but some clever players know how to bypass your patcher and run your client without new updates or bug fixes ? Well now you can emb your Metin2.exe into my Pathcer. When my patcher finished updating, it will start your Metin2.exe from memory without of copying it on harddrive, so there will be no way to bypass my it. (There is But tricky to do.)

Well now you think why am I writing all this if I still not finished yet.
Thats easy! I am looking for people who are interested in testing this Patcher. I wont give it to everyone. Only people who have good root server running will get this software. So pm me if you are interested.
If someone of you has any features he/she want to see in this updater, then please let me know !

P.S: I wont include any of your pictures you want to see on this updater. Maybe i will implement this featuer in next versions where you will be able to change design of updater.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2011, 18:32   #2

elite*gold: 0
can i have it :P ?