Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits & Macros
You last visited: Today at 15:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Source] PackDumper - Metin2 Resource Dumper/Extractor Tool

Discussion on [Source] PackDumper - Metin2 Resource Dumper/Extractor Tool within the Metin2 Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits & Macros forum part of the Metin2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile [Source] PackDumper - Metin2 Resource Dumper/Extractor Tool

PackDumper - Metin2 Resource Dumper/Extractor Tool

What is PackDumper?

PackDumper is a Metin2 Resource Dumper/Extractor Tool. With it you can dump 100% of the resources (all the pack folder) from almost any Metin2 Client in few minutes, except cythonized scripts.

It also has a script called PathListDumper. PathListDumper is a CheatEngine Lua Script used to get paths from ALL files inside the "pack" folder of your client in a fully automated way and in just few seconds! It works for every client you can imagine!

How I know it dumps 100% of the files from pack folder? Because I tested it in a client were I had the keys
Ok, since I don't want to lie, I need to say it dumped just 99,76% (yes, I calculated it. Not from my mind...) without any modification in the dumper or in the lua script. Lots of another clients were tested too and the dump percentage is always 100 or extremelly closer to it even with no special changes.

Btw, these 0,24% missing was just non used files and garbage, so... Perfectly Normal!

How Does PackDumper Work?

PackDumper has 2 ways of dumping and 3 modes you can choose by setting it inside a PackDumperCfg.txt file:

- Dump by PathList - [BEST]
- Dump OnLoad
- Dump by AutoHook

For Download, How To, Complete Information and Details:

NOTE: This is not a tool with magic buttons, you need to know the basics of programming and reverse engineering. If you don't know it, you won't be able to use it. In this case, don't contact me via private message, or I will block you

If you have a basic knowledge and have any question about how to use it, feel free to contact me

If your question is a common question, please, say in this topic because this way we help another people at the same time.

Suggestions are welcome, I hope it helps someone because I made it just for fun
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/24/2021, 22:21   #2

I just had a quick look, it is open source and this is awesome, it is not the best code i've seen in my life but like you said you did it just for fun so this is understandable, and it probably works just fine. Thank you very much and keep up the good work, we need more metin2 developers like you!
Old 12/24/2021, 22:57   #3

you some next level ty
Old 12/24/2021, 23:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GF]Froslass View Post
I just had a quick look, it is open source and this is awesome, it is not the best code i've seen in my life but like you said you did it just for fun so this is understandable, and it probably works just fine. Thank you very much and keep up the good work, we need more metin2 developers like you!
I'm still studying. I accept suggestions about how to improve the code if you have some
Old 12/25/2021, 10:05   #5

can aeldra and rubinum packs open with your work sir?
Old 12/25/2021, 10:54   #6

Oh...

Count me interested.
Only issue, i cannot run Cheat Engine. Since i'm coding on linux.
Wine does not work well with cheatengine, and some Addresses are weirdly mapped. Thus i cannot use it.

Does this work in a VM ?
Old 12/25/2021, 12:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMage32 View Post
I'm still studying. I accept suggestions about how to improve the code if you have some
For example in PackDumper.cpp why are you using a switch case with only one case? it doesn't even have a default case. Switch case are usually used when you have a lot of different if conditions, so you don't have to write a lot of ifs nested inside each other, if you only got one condition you should just use an if which is cleaner and more efficient, no?

p.s. I'm also still studying don't worry!
Old 12/25/2021, 15:06   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengrist View Post
can aeldra and rubinum packs open with your work sir?
Didn't tested, but 2 things:
- You need to bypass their anticheat first (Aeldra uses HackTrap if I'm not wrong);
- Something makes me believe they have their code changed at this part (they're big servers and much people wants their resources, so you will need to make some modifications in the source, but I JUST BELIEVE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affenmaster02 View Post
Oh...

Count me interested.
Only issue, i cannot run Cheat Engine. Since i'm coding on linux.
Wine does not work well with cheatengine, and some Addresses are weirdly mapped. Thus i cannot use it.

Does this work in a VM ?
Yes, I always use VM too because of security reasons. Also, for reversing, you can use IDA Pro, but the problem will be that you won't have the PathListDumper (CE table with a lua script to dump paths automatically, BUT, you can just set the paths for specific files manually if you don't want to dump all the client).
But yes, its worth you try to make all in a VM with Windows because this way you have the PathListDumper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GF]Froslass View Post
For example in PackDumper.cpp why are you using a switch case with only one case? it doesn't even have a default case. Switch case are usually used when you have a lot of different if conditions, so you don't have to write a lot of ifs nested inside each other, if you only got one condition you should just use an if which is cleaner and more efficient, no?

p.s. I'm also still studying don't worry!
At this point I made it just because I normally do it (in case of future changes I already have the switch - ye lazy ), but yes, I know switch is recommended for when you have much cases because it creates a jump table and these things.
Thanks for your notes
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/26/2021, 02:00   #9

Probably the most complete dumper I've ever seen. It's very user-friendly, and the possibilities of the source it's incredible.
You have Auto-Hook so you can gather all resources from runtime
You have call so you can gather every loaded resource 100%

Also, the responsive cfg file it's very good. Doing changes real-time to the config and switching between hook and call it's very convenient.
The source is also very well documented and in just 1 hour I could already add my own prototypes to it and i'll gladly say this should be paid, not free.
Old 12/26/2021, 10:08   #10

At the first, nice reimplementation of my project congrats, but you forgot some things about it's been 2+ years passed since the original public version was released and in this time, tons servers already fixed or took some measures, yes in the first times it's really was worked in %99 servers, but currently you can just dump some useless servers.
Old 12/26/2021, 15:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1n4 View Post
At the first, nice reimplementation of my project congrats, but you forgot some things about it's been 2+ years passed since the original public version was released and in this time, tons servers already fixed or took some measures, yes in the first times it's really was worked in %99 servers, but currently you can just dump some useless servers.
Useless servers?
I dumped Nova2, Origins, ROP2, Demera2, Hammer, Alune, Calliope, Ervelia, Bamboomt2. It's not useless. 3 of the servers always buy the latest costumes out on the market, and with the possibilities that this dumper & the script offers, you can literally dump all the client in a matter of minutes. The only long part is reversing the actual function to match it inside the dumper.

//

Also, the project doesn't seem a bit like your fork from github. Idk how you can say "nice reimplementation of my project" when you don't even realize you can literally replicate their Get function and still dump the resources.
Old 12/27/2021, 16:06   #12

Hello, I did everything you said, but when I press the "INSERT" key, the command screen closes directly and nothing opens.
Old 12/29/2021, 22:08   #13

I think if you had added the hook in the first function, it would have been more efficient

And when it comes to the Aeldra server, the trap hack is very easy to bypass, all you need to do is have the right injector and not inject after the process, but inject with the launch of the game client
Old 01/11/2022, 23:02   #14

Thank you really much - the CT script worked wonderfully.

Next task is to dump those FIles.
Old 02/16/2022, 23:41   #15

delete

Tags
dumper, extractor, metin2, packdumper, resource