Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > MapleStory
You last visited: Today at 23:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Everything you'll need to know to be a pro on MapleStory

Discussion on [Guide] Everything you'll need to know to be a pro on MapleStory within the MapleStory forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Everything you'll need to know to be a pro on MapleStory

Johns guide to MapleStory!

This will in time become a more or less full guide! If you want to add something to it, correct information or anything, you can write here, or send me and Email at

Copyright(©) to Johan Rova, 2008. and are allowed to use and/or publish this guide. You can edit this guide but only for private purposes, thus you are not allowed to upload a modified guide under any circumstances, you are allowed to upload a unmodified guide to the sites stated. This copyright is protected by Swedish and International laws.

Quick find: CTRL+F, on a mac press Command+F. Example: To find the To-do list, press CTRL(Command)+F, then write [1.1] or [1.1] To do list. Just make sure it's the same as in the Table of Contents. Also, always make sure to check out the Table of contents for the number and name, It may change due to updates in the guide!

Table of contents:
*=Only in the table of contents, no text for the designated number. A way to clear up my own head.
[1.0] Update history.
[1.1] To do list.
[1.2] Quick word on Maple and me
[1.3] Good sites.
Characters. Pirates.
[2.0] Generally on Pirates.
[2.1] Pirate stats.
[2.2] Pirate skills.
[2.3] Gunslinger*
[2.4] Outlaw*
[2.5] Corsair*
[2.6] Brawler*
[2.7] Marauder*
[2.8] Buccaneer*
[1.0] Update history.

2008-12-09. Started to write on the guide.
2008-12-10. Added the rest of the pirate professions to the Table of contents. Wrote on the Pirate Skills, [2.2] Pirate skills. More or less finished.

[1.1] To do list.

Just a simple list on what to do, listed by priority. Priority 1: Urgent, the thing I'm working on right now. [/]= In progress, Will be done soon. [x]= Done. [R]=Researching and/or thinking about what to write there.
  1. [/] Finish Pirates
  2. [R] Make at least one build for all classes, skill and stats.
  3. [] Add all stat builds for all classes.

[1.2] Quick word on Maple and me

My name is legally Johan, but don't mind that copyright name, I'm called John. Anyway, I started to play MapleStory Global half a year after the release of it, and I got stuck directly I've been playing ever since, with a few breaks between, my highest char is around lv 100. I've also been playing MapleStory Europe, there my highest char is around lv 70. I know alot about Maple, and I mean ALOT. The things I didn't see on the real Maple, I've done on private servers. Therefore, I decided to make a guide to share my knowlage! Remember, If I helped you, press Thanks!

[1.3] Good sites.

Here are just some good sites that I decided to share with you people!

A great fansite for both Maple Global and MapleSEA. My favorite.

A good fansite, It's mostly for Maple Global.

The hompage for Banned Story, The MapleStory character animator.

A good page for buying and selling things, for all Maples. Set up an auction, and let people bid on it!

[2.0] Generally on Pirates.

Pirates are the newly added class of Maple Global! They use guns and bullets or Knuckles. Gunslingers are a little like a mix between a bowman and an assassin, it's playstyle is a little like the assassin, but it's build is more like a bowmans. The Brawlers are like Warriors, strong, and with lots of hp later on, but also here it seems a little like a Hybrid with the Thife class, Some of it's skills could have fitted on a Bandit. This is just my personal opinion, so don't come and say I'm wrong on this, since you don't know what I might be thinking!

[2.1] Pirate stats.

Pirates can use one of the most easy builds. Brawlers main stat is Strength, a Gunslingers main stat is Dexterity. All you have to do is add so that the opposing stat has the same amount as your lvl! For example: If I am a lv 44 GUNSLINGER I should have 44 in STR, and the rest in DEX. If I am a lv 44 BRAWLER I should have 44 in DEX, and the rest in STR. You could be able to follow this for as long as you like, more on this further down.

YOU NEED 20 DEX FOR THE JOB ADVANCEMENT AT LV 10!

That is important!! At low lvl put 20 dex, I recommend doing it as fast as possible, so that you can early begin the build that will last maybe forever!

Another way for the Brawler to be.

Depending on what skills you put on in the early stages of the pirate, a Brawler can be REALLY boring in the beginning, you'll miss A LOT! Therefor you could start by adding DEX up to, oh I don't know, maybe 40 DEX or something? Then add all to STR... This is just a speculation on how to do it, you have to do what you feel good about! I can't tell you what to do, I just suggest, therefore you can't blame me if a build fail, all you can do is msg me and I'll change it!

[2.2] Pirate skills.

Let's start by dividing this part into 2 parts. One part for the wannabe Brawler, and one for the wannabe Gunslinger! Let's start with the brawler,

Wannabe Brawler skills. Type 1.

This is the way I did my brawler, it was boring in the beginning due to the low hit-rate you'll have!

Level 10: Somersault kick+1.
Level 11: Somersault kick+3.
Level 17: Somersault kick+1. Flash fist+2 *Somersault maxed*
Level 18: Flash fist+3.
Level 23: Flash fist+3. *Flash fist maxed*
Level 24: Bullet time+3.
Level 30: Bullet time+3. *Bullet time maxed*

Now you'll have one free point, feel free to put it anywhere! The irony, you can only put it in double shot, and I don't need to say that you HAVE to put it there to make the job advancement to become a Brawler.

Wannabe brawler skills. Type 2.

Level 10: Bullet time+1.
Level 11: Bullet time+3.
Level 17: Bullet time+1. Flash fist+2. *Bullet time maxed*
Level 18: Flash fist+3.
Level 23: Flash fist+3. *Flash fist maxed*
Level 24: Somersault Kick+3.
Level 30: Somersault kick+3.

Here again you'll have 1 free point for double shot! Also, you can mix the way you max Somersault kick and Flash fist the way you like, I chose Somersault on the first since it would be easier to lvl up by killing many low level mobs if you often miss. I chose Flash Fist on the second one since if you hit good dmg along with high accuracy then you can go and hunt mobs above your lvl.

Also on both of the brawler to be skilltrees, you can choose to put into Dash. Just put 10 less Skill points in any of the ATTACK SKILLS, Bullet time should be maxed!

Wannabe Gunslinger skills

This is the build I used for my Gunslinger, it works excellent!

Level 10: Double shot+1.
Level 11: Double shot+3.
Level 17: Double shot+1. Dash+2. *double shot maxed*
Level 18: Dash+3.
Level 20: Dash+2. Bullet time+1. *Dash maxed*
Level 22: Bullet time+3.
Level 28: Bullet time+1. Somersault Kick+2 *Bullet time maxed*
Level 30: Somersault kick+3. *Somersault kick lv 11*

As on the wannabe brawler skilltree, you can modify it any way you can. I would suggest to do it this way, or you could max Dash before Bullet time. It's really not that hard to modify the skilltree, since you're supposed to max all the skills except Somersault kick. Some people also say that you should put on Somersault kick before double shot, or right after, I suggest not to... This is the way I made it, and I made it to lv 30 in a week, with low playtime too!