Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > MapleStory
You last visited: Today at 02:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

An Open Letter to Nexon

Discussion on An Open Letter to Nexon within the MapleStory forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation An Open Letter to Nexon

Well I hope you are happy. You have a rather popular game with Maplestoy, and I suspect that the cash shop and trading card aspects of it provide you with a very nice revenue stream. Like most online games some people choose to disobey the rules you put in place and you have chosen to try to protect your little game. Unfortunately instead of doing the reasonable but more costly and time consuming punishment of banning and removing from the rankings those who break the rules, you have taken the approach of trying to prevent people from hacking your game.

NEWS FLASH!!!
Unless you are willing to spends billions of dollars like the United States government, you will NEVER be able to keep the bright young minds of today from hacking your game.

Instead of tolerating client sided hacking and banning those you catch you have made it increasingly cumbersome, so now you have people using more sophisticated methods. Based on what has happened recently with fame and guilds I would say it is readily apparent that this plan has failed miserably. The worst part is that you now have people who are genuinely irritated and wish to cause damage to the game, instead of just having people who want to get to a high level so they can impress their friends. The so called "legit" players are up in arms about losing their guilds and having their fame changed, ¿how much longer before they get fed up and go to a game where this doesn't happen?

I fear that Pandora's box has been opened and that you are in for a very rough year trying to maintain this game. People have gotten a taste of what was once done very rarely and in limited amounts privately, I doubt that even if you changed your system so that client side hacking was once more done easily you could prevent the wave of attacks that I foresee coming to Victoria Island. I would advise anyone who owns stock in Nexon to sell now while it is still worth something because while KartRider is enjoyable it certianly cannot support the company the way Maplestory has. It will be sad to watch as something that could have been so easily avoided unfolds over the next few months. I hope the game survives, but I'm not very optimistic, there are too many really intelligent hackers out there who are angry, and they don't want to "play" anymore.

F3
Old 04/10/2008, 02:32   #2

Nice one. The chances of Nexon reading this, not exactly high. Very nice though. So true
Old 04/10/2008, 03:04   #3

lol u should email it to them
Old 04/10/2008, 03:08   #4

I wouldn't suggest that
Old 04/15/2008, 20:53   #5

wow,thats deep,and i mean it ...
PC:razory u dimbwick?!
Old 04/16/2008, 02:26   #6

Their not gonna be able to do anything about the guilds, at least I don't think so. Their TRYING to come up witha compensation...well...good luck?