Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 18:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Activation of Windows XP

Discussion on Activation of Windows XP within the Main forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello PvPers! I´ve got a pretty complicated question! The personal computer of my parents got the original Windows Version ME. But since a few months Windows don´t give out any new Updates for this Windows Version! So this PC got a lot of viruses, worms and a lot of trojans.. So i´ve formatted the computer and installed the original version of Windows XP of my computer! And now everytime, when i start the PC, there is shown a advise to activate this Version. I´ve tried it with the telephone activaion, because we got the same telephone connection, but it didn´t work. By the way, i find it outrageous of Microsoft, that you firstly have to buy a Wndows version of them and after a few years you have to buy another version, because they just wanna make money.. I find it really offensive...
So please can you help me with this problem? I would be very glad!
Lots of greetz, Erik
Old 11/01/2006, 18:39   #2

first off yoou need to stop with all the **** :-) so no more virus. there is a site that will tell you how to disable that warning. search some more on remove genuine Microsoft software. i dont have the site that i used but here is a place to start.

there is apatch out there that will disable the warning and make it possible to get future updates. goodluck
Old 11/01/2006, 19:45   #3

Later if you ever install Windows Genuine Advantage by mistake via Update, or getting anoying messages after the genuine workaround.
Microsoft relased a paper how to uninstall the pilot version of the Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, because the original Version caused some Errors. Whats bad for Microsoft, is that you can use this paper to not only uninstall the pilot version of the notifications.